- Registered Member
Member for 4 years and 11 months
Last active Sat, Jul, 12 2014 23:08:06
- 0 Followers
- 570 Total Posts
- 56 Thanks
Jul 8, 2014I request adding another recipe for cactus green for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions (I have a feeling the Xbox One and PS4 versions won't likely have this problem) in the event that a world generates without a desert biome, thus no cactus to smelt. It would simply be lapis lazuli and dandelion yellow combining to make 2 cactus green.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
Jul 4, 20141. A different type of "Nether Arrow" that is crafted with blaze rods and either Nether quartz or coal (after wither skeletons are added) for the sole purpose of being crafted in the Nether when you've run out of regular arrows. Would do less damage (so as to encourage bringing more regular arrows to the Nether and would only be used as a last resort against ghasts), but could possibly set mobs on fire (would have no effect on Nether mobs but would give it some use in the overworld).Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
2. Sort of an "auto-arrangement" of carpet. When a block that doesn't take up the entire bottom space (e.g. chest, bed, or torches), placing carpet next to it will cause a carpet texture to fill in the empty space in the block, so it appears the chest/torch/whatever is on the carpet.
Jul 3, 2014I am unaware of which "various sound issues" are being referred to in the OP, but I'll throw my own out there anywayPosted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
1. Doors. Double door sound when opening with your hand. It's been present ever since TU7, I think as a result of fixing the lack of sound when opening a door in TU5
2. Mobs. It seems most, if not all, mobs have double sounds (e.g. when hitting a cow it will make two screeching noises simultaneously; it's most obvious when two different hurt sounds are played at the same time).
3. Menu. Moving over using the D-pad in the inventory or scrolling up and down in the pause menu plays no sound (as if the particular sound was deleted from the game entirely).
4. Ghasts. In TU9, it was fixed so that you would be able to hear ghasts from further away (as I feel you should be able to) and always be able to hear when they fire off a shot. However, after turning down the volume in TU11, I can't hear anything coming until the fireballs explode. I'd love it if you could change it again so I can hear ghasts attacking me instead of giving me a heart attack when I don't know they're there and there's an explosion.
5. Carpets and Lily Pads. I have yet to check if it's this way in the PC version, but it should be changed regardless. Sounds are played when your feet collide with the top of a block. Unfortunately for carpets and lily pads, you walk on the bottom of the block it occupies, not the top. The result is the sound of you walking on the block below it (in the case of carpet) or none at all, as there's no sound for walking on water (in the case of lily pads). To test this, put down a bunch of carpets and/or lily pads and move forward, jumping. You'll hear the wool sound in midair for the carpet, and grass sound in midair for the lily pad.
Long story short, I'd like to be able to walk on lily pads and hear a grass sound, or walk on my carpeted floor without hearing the stone floor underneath.
Edit: I played around with PC Minecraft and it seems the carpet/lily pad situation is the same there. Either way, I find it rather annoying and would like it changed, if you can.
Apr 10, 2014I'd like to see the 1.8 Anvil, enchanting, and experience mechanics brought over. It'd be nice to not have to spend as much for enchantments on our stuff, as well as have some use for lapis lazuli.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
Apr 10, 2014Mods, officially, are never coming. Modding a game console is almost always against the terms and conditions of the company who produces it, and Microsoft is no different with the Xbox. I think what happened is that you were watching videos of Minecraft mods on PC and you want to have that in your console version. This itself is not a mod; if 4j adds it, either as a feature in an update or DLC, it would be just that: an update or DLC.Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
As for that, we have no idea. We won't have any idea until 4j Studios says something about it. My honest opinion on the matter is that our Mash-up Packs are somewhat of a precursor to the content one would expect from a Minecraft PC mod. But until 4j themselves announce it, no one really has any idea.
Apr 10, 2014-Animals, it seems, are making double sounds; it's like there are 2 animals there.Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
I first noticed it when I loaded up a world in which I have a single cat, and I heard cat sounds more often than normal. Later, when I started a new world, I could hear two sounds for being damaged playing simultaneously when I hit pigs, cows, and sheep (I haven't tested it on anything else yet).
Edit: It seems all animals are affected, as well as hostile mobs (listen to a creeper start hissing and you'll know what I mean). Also, if I'm right, it's also playing the item pickup sound twice when you only pick up one item, and the experience orb sound plays twice as often as it should.
Quote from Kmack11
Baby animals and villagers clip into walls and die when they grow up.
Confirmed. In TU14, I had an adult chicken and a chick in a 2x1, 2 deep pit. The adult chicken was killed by an ocelot, leaving the chick alone in the pit. I killed the ocelot and covered up the pit, only to hear sounds of an adult chicken taking damage. I checked on the chicken and it was alone in the pit. Later on I heard more chicken damage noises and there was raw chicken and feathers in the closed-up pit.
Oct 20, 2013Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from Kantor
I also think 4J should rethink their decision on Writable Books. Its a bit silly to ruin something for people because it'll be hard for other people.
Being hard to type isn't the only reason they're not adding them.
With Microsoft's censor policy (and I'd assume Sony will have a similar one in place), any string of characters that could be offensive in any language will cause the entire book to be censored, or at least the whole page (right now with signs it censors the entire sign). Imagine having to repeatedly type the offending page over and over again while being unable to figure out why the censor keeps blocking it. Considering some of the offending phrases that people have encountered (like BloodyPhoenix's "Note IV"), people would just give up on it in the end.
Then there's the fact that if people are playing splitscreen, if one person wanted to type something in a book, they would take up the entire screen and the other person would have to wait until they were done. This is acceptable with signs, but not so with books, as books at their full capacity contain as much text as over 200 signs.
So in the end, they're not going to add something that will prevent up to 3 other people from playing for a substantial length of time on splitscreen, and that only people with a keyboard or chatpad can use quickly and effectively, when what most people are going to write will most likely be censored anyway.
Oct 18, 2013Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from Apathy
How do I create a potion that maxes out in potency & duration
I'm pretty sure they're unmakeable in survival, and the only way on Xbox to get them is in the creative menu. If you were to try adding, say redstone to a Regeneration II potion, it would revert it back to Regeneration I and give it longer duration.
Oct 17, 2013Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from Robot_Omega
How do I get skin packs?
-Total X360 Edition Noob
I believe if you go to "Minecraft Store" from the main menu it will come up with all of the DLC that you can choose from, including skin packs.
Oct 15, 2013Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from SarahSophiii3
Im having a really difficault time finding slimes!!
They only spawn in certain chunks (averaging about 10% of them), at any light level, and below Y=40.
If you want to find certain chunks that will spawn slimes, your best bet would be a slime finder like this.
Oct 15, 2013In the early stages of my worlds (and sometimes even in the later stages), I explore caves with the express purpose of mining every ore I see. I'm always paranoid about running out of iron or coal so I make a point to mine them every time I see them. In these worlds I always have around a half stack of iron blocks (I could have more if I wanted but I feel like that's enough... for now). So the easiest way I suppose is to mine it whenever you see it.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
Oct 14, 20131. Not Mojang. Mojang does not work on Minecraft for Xbox. Instead, this should be addressed to 4j studios (and the chances they'd actually respond to this are so small it's essentially 0).Posted in: MCX360: Suggestions
2. Updates are not going to be any faster than they are now. Updates that have taken a month in the past have been notoriously buggy and in some cases unplayable for most people, so 4j seems to be opting for less frequent, more stable updates.
3. The updates section is for requesting content to be added to the game, not to suggest a schedule change for the development team.
4. What you're asking is that Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition becomes Minecraft: PC Edition on Xbox 360, which it is not nor ever will be. The original plan for the Xbox 360 Edition was to update to PC version 1.2.3 (which we already have) and then go our own way. So far we have no idea what the next updates will include. There's no guarantee that anything from the PC version will ever be added to the Xbox version (with the exception of Horses, Hoppers, Anvils, and the Wither which have all been confirmed for a future update).
Am I saying no other PC features are coming? No. What I'm getting at is you're essentially saying we should catch up to that car that's ahead of us on the highway when we could very well be getting off at the next exit and getting on a completely different road.
5. If there's stuff you want to build that you can only build on the PC version, why don't you play the PC version instead of playing Xbox and demanding that it be exactly like the PC?
Oct 14, 2013Posted in: MCX360: SuggestionsQuote from GregNelson
I think you are missing the point of the suggestion... the suggestion is not to add any particular mod per-se, but rather the ability to choose various different mod sets to allow for a different flavor when entering the game.
All these mods I used as 'examples' have been suggested elsewhere. It isn't the mod itself that is relevant, but the ability to add variety upon starting/creating a new map so a player can enjoy different flavors/aspects. not to add something intrinsic to the core game itself.
This suggestion is pointless if a mod is added permanently through DLC without the ability to toggle it on/off. The suggestion 'IS' to have options, not to add a specific mod. (again, those were just thrown in as examples) This is NOT a mod request in and of itself.
I admit I didn't understand what you were trying to get at. I guess if 4j decided to implement any of these, they would come with an on/off option already (like you can choose to load the default texture pack and hide the themed worlds after downloading a mash-up pack).
Oct 14, 2013It is absolutely true that 4j could legally add content found in popular PC mods to Minecraft as vanilla features or DLC. However, the way to go about requesting these is not to say "add X mod". Instead, you should make a separate thread requesting the features of a mod (i.e. a certain mob from mo' creatures) to be either added as a vanilla feature or DLC. Also, you should keep different ideas in different threads, not throw a whole bunch of mod features into one thread. Similar ideas can be in the same thread, but don't turn it into a wishlist.Posted in: MCX360: Suggestions
A general rule of thumb for mod requests would be to assume that 4j studios has no idea what is included in any PC mod and that they are unable to research what they include, so they're relying on the details you give in your suggestion to incorporate it. Don't focus on the mod itself as much as the content of the mod.
Oct 14, 2013Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from Robot_Omega
Hello. I am going to get Xbox 360 Edition, and I wonder how to make capes and skins. I am going to be kind of a noob, when I start playing. (I have been playing MCPE for about a year, though.)
You cannot make skins on the Xbox 360, as there are copyright issues should someone make a skin in the image of one of Microsoft's competitors, as well as the ability to make inappropriate skins in a game rated appropriate for children as young as 10.
Instead there are skin packs for around $1-2 that contain around 45 skins, most of which are from other games. Some of those skins have capes on them and you'll only have a cape while you have a skin that includes a cape.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.