Pixelmon was battling with copyright issues with Nintendo. They didn't have a choice.
- Curse Premium
Member for 4 years, 2 months, and 28 days
Last active Tue, Aug, 29 2017 06:03:14
- 35 Followers
- 607 Total Posts
- 193 Thanks
Aug 29, 2017Parzivail posted a message on Parzi's Star Wars Mod v1.3.0 | The Force Awakens Content! | Questing! | Factions! | Force Powers! | 160k DL!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Pixelmon was battling with copyright issues with Nintendo. They didn't have a choice.
Jul 5, 2017Parzivail posted a message on Parzi's Star Wars Mod v1.3.0 | The Force Awakens Content! | Questing! | Factions! | Force Powers! | 160k DL!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
loganselect, I've thought about re-modding it, but a Star Wars mod would be hard to do justice, considering the fact that the Star Wars universe is so expansive and everyone has a different opinion as to what should be in it (legacy timeline vs. Disney timeline, etc.) It would hard to determine what should be in it that would be maintainable for a single dev, considering it would take many devs working to incorporate so much content (e.g. DICE's Battlefront and upcoming Battlefront II.) If I did make such a mod, it would be of a much smaller scale than this one.
That's one of the reasons I was talking about. There's simply too much content and too many opinions.
Jul 3, 2017Parzivail posted a message on Parzi's Star Wars Mod v1.3.0 | The Force Awakens Content! | Questing! | Factions! | Force Powers! | 160k DL!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
It’s been almost 3 years since we began working on this mod. The initial release took us just about a year to bring to you, with the “incredible” weapons and scenery that was 1.0.0. We took a while to regroup, releasing 1.2 and all the subversions bringing ships and speeders and a whole bunch of new content. Even longer was the development time for 1.3, with the unbelievable amount of work being put into quests, ships, structures, weapons, new features, Forge hacks, and continuity.
Unfortunately, we’re in a rough place right now. The longer we work in the mod, the quicker our free time to work on the mod diminishes. Between work, family, and other projects, our time to work on the mod has dwindled to a point that any work we do in the mod is negligible. We’ve gotten a lot done, but moving content over is tedious.
That said, there are two main factors at play here: time, as I’ve said, and Forge itself. Players don’t realize it, but every update Forge has (following each Minecraft update) requires us to completely re-write the mod to fit the new framework. It’s been fine until now, but the new changes to 1.11+ are so dramatic that it would be essentially impossible to convert all our current features to anything 1.11 or beyond. Blame Mojang and Microsoft for pushing so many updates that it’s killing the modding community, and blame the Forge authors for not taking input as to how the platform should be changed, but most of all, this is on us. There’s just so much content to be added, and so many people with their unique ideas of what should be added and when, that it’s impossible to balance function with content between updates.
It is with that, that I announce with a heavy heart that Parzi’s Star Wars Mod is dead. It’s been an incredible number of years with y’all, working with the community to build this mod, and it’s been a huge learning experience for us in almost every way possible. We hope to work on something else in the community here someday, but it’s unlikely, seeing the direction in which Forge is going.
Lastly, you’re probably wondering if we’ll be passing the torch to some other spry developer to continue our legacy, or be releasing our source code for the community to tinker with. In short, we won’t be. The long answer it that, if you want to make a Star Wars mod, start from scratch. You can build it the way you want it, and cater to your community. This was built with a specific set of goals in mind, and your goals might be different. We’ve improved on the mods that came before us, so you shouldn’t work with ours, but write your own that improves on ours. We might release what progress we have right now on 2.0, but we’re still talking about how we’d do that, if we did. We’ll still get notifications for stuff that’s happening here on this forum, so we’d like to hear your comments. Our forum over at http://forum.parzivail.com will soon be taken offline, but the downloads page on the mod site will still be intact if you’re looking to download 1.X versions. As I’ve gotten many requests, I’ll take this time to publicly announce that I’m not currently available for hire as a programmer for a Mod. If this changes, you’ll know via my Twitter feed, which is also where you can follow any future projects I’m working on.
Again, thank you. We could not have done this without you as a community.
May 30, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hey Parzi, great work on the mod! It's number 1 on my "Best Mods List" right now. But whenever I try to post a suggestion on your forum, there is no "New Thread" button! Do you have to get a membership or something?
P.S., these are my suggestions:
1) Maybe you could make a "Create your own ridable ships section, where you can build a ship out of blocks and then make the ship fly. Currently I am using archimedes ships mod plus to do this, but sometimes it glitches.
2) You could make a block that bounces back proton torpedos, for a death star roleplay thing? so maybe you could spawn INSIDE the ship next to the death star and fly through a trench to the porthole and the porthole could be made out of the "Bouncing-Back Block" so if you missed the torpedo shot, you would have to pull out and try again.
3) When you use a hyperdrive to travel to another planet, is there a way to make you spawn INSIDE the ship?
4) Can you have mobs control ships? like actually have them chase you and shoot at you . . . if this isn't possible though, maybe you could make ships that are from your opposite faction have their own "brain", like other mobs.
5) Can you add laser turrets and such?
6) Can you add ships from the jedi and sith?
Thanks for listening, and I'm sorry if this is too much, I just think that this would make this mod a lot more fun!
Yes, unfortunately, to combat spam issues we have to require a (free) account to be able to post stuff. We don't send you emails or anything, so hopefully, that doesn't deter people from submitting their ideas, so keep 'em flowin!
1) We'd love to do that, but archimedes ships has been around a long time and has gotten it working way better than we could. It's just a little too out of the scope of PSWM. You might be delighted with what we have coming in 2.0, though.
2) That's definitely something to take into consideration, some sort of "ray-shielded" block
3) The hyperdrive system is being completely reworked for 2.0, with this included.
4) Also something we're hoping to add for 2.0
5) If you mean things like these or these, we're still debating that. Probably in the future, but not at 2.0.
6) Maybe. The Jedi and Sith were both pretty light on faction-specific ships so there wouldn't be much.
May 3, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hey Parzi (and everybody else on the modding team), I found a bunch of parzi's mod downloads from sites that, according to the list of sites that have illegally or disrespectfully stolen mod downloads (the list is found here: https://github.com/VictiniX888/Illegal-Mod-Sites/blob/master/SITES.md) by #stopmodreposts, have probably taken the mod download without permission. PLEASE NOTE: I don't know if these sites have actually stolen the mod, (though it is very likely) and there are definitely a lot more (i don't have much time at the moment to do this, i will continue searching when i have time).
List of sites i have found at the moment:
THESE MAY HAVE MALWARE
We try to keep on top of this and report them through Google DMCA, but obviously some slip through the cracks. We'll take care of it promptly. Thanks for helping out!
Apr 20, 2017Posted in: Minecraft ModsWeastonnnext
We're working, sorry it's taking so long, it's just a very big undertaking to get everything on 1.11. Like we've said before, we'll keep you updated on major improvements, but unfortunately it's just lots of grinding right now. Sorry for the wait.
I wasn't having a go at you, you're doing great work with this mod. I was having a go at the user who was demanding an update. Take as long as you need.
We understood, We were just using your post as a good segway into our "progress report"
Apr 20, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
This. I wish it were faster to get this to y'all but we're essentially culminating every bit of all previous releases into one new release. We're not expecting it to, but all the time it took to release previous releases should have to be re-done to make this one.
Apr 13, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Well, there's actually some news from us, now that you mention it:
- We're working on lightsaber rendering: we've tested a new system that allows lightsabers with a white core and an exterior glow
- Structures are in the works after we get all of the blocks finalized
- Ships are coming along nicely, netcode is being a pain but we're managing
- Dimensions look wholly better than 1.3 overall
- Neither questing nor force powers have been started yet, but we're thinking of a new, more refined system for each with the new structure and dimension system
Apr 5, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
We have something to hold you over, it's called 1.3
Apr 3, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
If you're in Survival, you need a license from the Quartermaster.
Mar 30, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
im getting a fun new error
Rendering entity in world
java.lang.VerifyError: Call to wrong <init> method
com/parzivail/pswm/models/armor/ModelCompressionArmor.<init>(FLnet/minecraft/item/ItemArmor;)V @10: invokespecial
Type 'net/minecraft/client/model/ModelBiped' (constant pool 19) is not assignable to 'api/player/model/ModelPlayer' (constant pool 22)
0x0000000: 2ab7 0011 2abb 0013 5923 b700 16b5 0018
0x0000010: 2a2c b500 1a2a bb00 1c59 2ab4 001a 0101
0x0000020: 0512 1eb6 0024 b700 27b5 0029 2abb 001c
0x0000030: 592a b400 1a01 0104 121e b600 24b7 0027
0x0000040: b500 2bb1
At this time we do not support the Smart Moving mod. We may in the future, but it's not likely.
Mar 26, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
While I am not part of the modding team, I will try to answer your questions as best as I can. Before that, I just want to say that there is a special parzi's mod forum just for this kind of stuff (http://forum.parzivail.com/). I would really recommend you get an account there and post all your questions there so they can be seen by more people and kept for future reference
1) Maybe in the future, but using multiple force abilities would be hard to code
2) Probably, as seen in the minecraft gore mod, it has been done before, and i'm pretty sure it could be done in the near future. This is really up to what the modders want from the mod.
3) Would be cool, but until a parzi's mod server is up, not much chance for jedi robes hiding your name.
4) This might be implemented in the FAR future, but the different styles would be very hard to code, and would take a crap ton of controls and other stuff to use properly. Again, this is up to what the modders want from the mod.
Again, I am not Parzi or on the modding team, and therefore I can't answer your questions to their full extent. Hopefully Parzi responds soon, and clears things up more.
That's pretty well said. Probably won't have animations or gore but if it turns out to be simple in the future we'd consider it.
Mar 22, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
It's fine. It's not like we made a huge post about it, tweeted about it, pinned the tweet, put it in the OP, and changed our signature to promote it.
Mar 22, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks for the offer, but we'd like to host it ourselves.
Mar 20, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Why not taking a "business-like" approach like Mineplex and The Hive? Organize a team and start creating mini-games, ranks, Easter eggs and other type of fun stuff in a world-like map resembling the urban area of Naboo, a part of Courscant and/or Tatooine? You can start gaining a little bit of money there; save it and then take a shot for the official PSWM server! Just an idea
Because we're too busy trying to make an actual mod, which is a whole heap more work than maintaining a server. We have neither the manpower* or the time to set up and maintain this "business-like" appproach that has no guarentees of actually helping us develop a mod or server.
*We're not looking to add people to our team at this time. We're a local, centralized team who works really well together and adding more people is impossible.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.