Quick Hotbar Mod
Have you ever been building that epic structure or map and you find yourself spending so much time swapping out blocks into the 9 slots you have been given? Me too! So with this mod, while holding down left CTRL you will see a preview of all 27 inventory slots. Use your mouse wheel to toggle inventory rows up or down. As you are doing this, you will get a preview of your inventory slots in game. And with the latest version you can also hold down number and switch items in just one column. Cool, huh?
This mod works in both singleplayer and multiplayer. As of version 1.02, you only need to install this mod into your client (Special mention and thanks to Kobata for helping out with this.). It is also possible to install this mod into your server, and if you do so server will assist in item switching to bypass desyncing issues and also if you install the mod into your server, clients are not required to have the mod installed.
In Minecraft 1.7 left ctrl is the default sprint key. This mod does not register keybindings into Minecraft registry but I check for keypresses manually, which means that you can still use your sprint key while using this mod
So, how it all got started anyway?
- Added ability to bind mouse keys to mod keybindings.
1.04 (3rd january 2015)
- Added ability to hold down number and scroll between items in a column.
- Added button in settings menu to enable / disable number scrolling (enabled by default).
- Added menu for the mod. Default keybinding: ctrl + m. You can now change all mod settings and keybindings directly from here.
- Added configuration option "enable_settings_menu_gui" which can be set to false if you do not want to have the mod settings menu available.
- Updated message which gets shown when joining a game.
- Changed so that whenever you change between column / row switching mode, it gets stored to file. This makes the setting to be remembered through game sessions.
- Fixed bugs with the mod when server did not have mod installed. Should no longer have weird column switch syncronization issues.
- Mod is no longer required in server! Just add the mod in your client to enjoy the functionality
- You can still add the mod to your server, and if you do so server will assist in organizing the items for not having any sync issues. If you add the mod to server, clients are also not required to have the mod installed so it is pretty safe to add the mod into your server.
- Added keybinding to switch between row and column switching. That is CTRL + C by default (can be configured).
- Added two new configurations options: ability to reverse the scrolling (useful for ex. in macs) and can set default scrolling mode (row or column switching).
- Fixed so that armor icons no longer render on top of the inventory preview.
1.01 (19th july 2014)
- Now you can scroll with mouse wheel AND up / down arrow keys.
- Mod now announces that it is loaded and notifies of your keybindings when you join a game.
- Added configuration file for the mod. Configuration file gets generated for you once you launch Minecraft once with this mod installed. Check the configuration file at minecraft_folder/config/quickhotbar.cfg.
- Using the configuration file you can now configure all the keybindings, if the popup should immediately show up, if mod should announce that it is loaded when you join a game and can you use keyboard keys to scroll between rows.
1.0 (16th july 2014)
- Initial release.
Okay, cool, got interested? Then grab it from links below! And so that you know, you need Forge to run this mod.
Source code for this mod is available at GitHub.