The Good Gaming Minecraft team is looking for a talented, self-driven individual to fill our open head developer position! You will work as a contractor, paid monthly, in an environment where your performance directly affects the success of the server and thus your own opportunities for advancement. Must be experienced in Java, Maven, and Git.
Good Gaming Minecraft is a relatively young server (we just turned 1!). We are a part of Good Gaming, Inc. a publicly traded gaming company. We house a multitude of game modes including three OP SkyBlock servers, two OP Prison servers, Arena PvP, Survival, Creative, Factions, SkyWars, and even touching on modded, with much more to come. Up until this point all development has been predominately done by myself, along with some big help from others over different periods in the past.
- Must be at least 16 years old. 18+ preferred. If you are under 18, you will need the consent of a legal guardian before entering into a contractor agreement.
- At least 2 years of Java experience preferred.
- Experienced with Maven
- Experienced with Git
- Familiar with commonly used libraries such as HikariCP for JDBC connection pooling.
Bonus! (not required)
- Bungeecord & Spigot server management experience is a big plus.
- MySQL + MongoDB knowledge is a plus.
- Prior experience in Linux is a big plus, namely CentOS, but any knowledge is useful.
- Prior experience using Bitbucket.
The best fit for our server is:
- Able to communicate clearly;
- Dedicated to meeting project deadlines in a timely manner;
- Committed to solving server issues and gameplay bugs, whether alone or with a team;
- Comfortable hopping on to fix emergency server issues, on demand;
- Write I am not a robot at the top of your proposal.
- Attentive to details;
- Comfortable and interested in frequently hanging out in voice channels on Discord with other management, sometimes just in leisure.
We are offering a starting salary of $1000 monthly, with opportunities for advancement through the use of key performance indicators.
If this position sounds like a great fit for you, you may send your resume via PM, or e-mail [email protected]. Please remember to include your prior experience! Spigot portfolios and unique resumes are a plus.