- Curse Premium
Member for 5 years and 25 days
Last active Wed, Jun, 28 2017 18:33:00
- 22 Followers
- 1,075 Total Posts
- 497 Thanks
Oct 5, 2016CyanideX posted a message on RemoteIO v0.0.5 ALPHA - It's Time to Think Outside the BlocksPosted in: Minecraft Mods
Jun 20, 2016Posted in: Mods Discussion
It is, but we don't really have much time for taking requests at the moment. I should probably remove the link.
Sep 15, 2015 Posted in: Mod Packs
Jul 3, 2015Posted in: Mod Packs
This pack isn't for you then. I have not heard of anyone having such difficulty. I played through a few times and have watched steams with people who have progressed as far as the quests well allow.
You need to update the pack for one, as plants grow in the latest update. Two, you clearly didn't read or just don't understand quest progression. I could try to explain things in more detail but it's not meant to be easy. The darkness... just get used to it. It's not just for atmosphere it surves a purpose. Playing with Waila will ruin the quests and secret locations. It's out for a reason.
I've also changed the map to not be hardcore.
There is only glowstone on the nether island.
The use for the hammer is explained IN THE BOOK! If you don't know how to do something it's because you haven't reached a quest that explains it yet.
The issues you're complaining about are mostly by design and won't be changing. Things like quest bugs will be fixed however. Sacrificing a life at the beginning is not that hard... what is the problem?
Try watching some tutorials or steamers that play the pack. That should offer some guidance.
Jun 29, 2015Posted in: Mod Packs
Learn to read past forum posts! This has been answered several times already. It's literally the first line in the pack description.
Jun 22, 2015Posted in: Mod Packs
Cobble gen. Water, lava.
Jun 20, 2015Posted in: Mod Packs
You could turn down specific sounds and leave the master volume up.
Jun 20, 2015Posted in: Mod Packs
That doesn't help me at all. Seriously... at least tell me the problem!
That's like going to the doctor and saying "it hurts, can you fix it?" Where does it hurt!?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Jun 16, 2012MrCompost posted a message on The Betweenlands ~ "A dark, hostile environment..." v2.0.2 [09/03/17] NUMEROUS BUG FIXES AND TWEAKSPosted in: Minecraft Mods
The Betweenlands is a mod developed by the Angry Pixel modding group for the indie sandbox construction game Minecraft. This large and expansive mod focuses on a whole new fully fleshed-out dimension for Minecraft that adds a plethora of exciting new content.
The Betweenlands dimension is a dark, swampy realm crawling with strange, monstrous creatures. It is the dimension that the majority of the mod revolves around.
Features include -
- A complete independent survival experience with hours of gameplay
- A whole new dimension to survive in
- Many new creatures and monsters to fight
- Bosses to defeat
- Plenty of unique biomes and structures to explore and loot, from towering fortresses to scattered underground ruins
- An extensive herblore system that allows you to create over 30 unique infusions from 14 different aspects found in plants
- A unique farming system with several new crop types
- Over 300 new blocks to build with, including various machine blocks and a whole lot of plant life
- Over 350 new items, including lots of unique weapons and loot, complete tool and armour sets, plenty of food items, new raw materials, scraps of lore and more
- Over 250 new sounds, including 7 immersive ambient tracks and 33 music tracks
- Lots of new mechanics, including food sickness, corrosion of tools, decay of the player, and a combat circle revolving around 3 new gem items
- Randomly occurring events, including changes in the weather as well as sometimes more supernatural occurrences
- Special built-in custom shader effects to make the worlds look even prettier
- Multiplayer compatibility so you can survive with your friends
- ...and much, much more!
NEWS AND UPDATES -
The Betweenlands version 2.0.2 is now available for download. In this version, numerous small fixes and tweaks have been made.
The full change log is as follows -
- Fixed random damage when in Weedwood Rowboat
- Fixed torches not being placeable on BL fences and walls
- Fixed some crashes related to various TileEntity renderers
- Fixed missing Ore harvest levels
- Fixed Scabyst coating recipe dupe bug
- Increased mob spawning (make sure to update the config and set "Max. entities per loaded area" to 250 for this!)
- Voodoo Dolls no longer work on Players
- Swamp Grass, Swamp Dirt and Mud can now properly sustain non-BL plants
- Lowered XP drops from Sulfur Ore
- Added OreDict entries for various blocks
- Added missing lang
- Added custom recipes (explanation and example file on the Wiki under "Configuration")
- Added Druit Altar and Pestle & Mortar recipes to API
Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff? The official wiki for the mod can be found here.
We now also have an official Discord server for The Betweenlands where you can hang out and maybe chat with the developers (when we're around).Come drop by and say hi!
Like the mod? Show your support by hitting that little button down at the bottom of the thread!
During the time when the Overworld and Nether were just being born, this dimension existed as little other than a void of nothingness, but energy seeped into it, giving it potential to grow. Eventually, an interdimensional rift appeared, allowing life force to populate this dimension. A race of NPCs inhabited it, including Revil O' Elcanrab, a powerful Druid. He and his followers worked to twist the Nether's evil into a weapon of peace. However, when they opened the portal in this dimension, evil surged out into it. This caused the NPCs to become Wights. Revil O' Elcanrab himself became the Prime Wight, and he now wielded power over this dimension. He caused the Betweenlands to become a swampy, deathly land, as it is now. After much time, a traveller (the player) found their way to the dimension.
The air is so foul that any creature breathing it slowly decays. The realm has no day/night cycle. Clocks, maps, redstone, flint and steel, and compasses are useless here. Due to the warm and wet environment of The Betweenlands, food from other dimensions rots when travelling through the portal to this dimension, becoming Rotten Food.
As Flint and Steel cannot operate in the dimension, there is an alternative way to creating a fire. Simply hold right-click Moss, Cave Moss, or Thorns (either placed or dropped, both block and item forms work) with an Octine Ingot to light it on fire. The ingot will cause the plant to slowly build up flame until it turns into a fire block, without consuming the ingot in the process. This is essential for getting an Infuser started.
Torches will not work here, and you will require Sulfur Torches instead. Along with that, tools from other dimensions will be diminished in effectiveness in the Betweenlands, prompting the player to use the Betweenlands tools. However, Betweenlands tools in your inventory will undergo Corrosion.
How to access -
The Betweenlands revolves around a swampy-like theme. It has a randomly generated, animated green sky dotted with mysterious, hazy stars. These skies have Auroras from time to time, one of the last sparks of happiness in the dimension. The once verdant soil retains a very dead green colour.
The dimension is composed of Swamplands, Patchy Islands, Coarse Islands, Sludge Plains, Deep Waters, and Marshes. The Middle Gem Ores can be found within a couple of these biomes. These biomes are crawling with very thick and uncontrolled flora and fauna, and some contain remnants of long lost civilizations in the form of Small Ruins, Dungeons, and Idol Head Statues, among other mysterious structures. There is one rare major dungeon landmark, the Wight Fortress, that is central to progression. The Betweenlands may give birth to new biomes in the future and will receive more structures, such as Tribe Settlements.
The Betweenlands's default tree is the small Weedwood Tree, although there are bigger variations. The dimensions also provides Sap Trees, Rubber Trees, and Dead Trees. More trees are to come in the future.
The dimension carries a whole underground system with ores such as Sulfur Ore,Slimy Bone Ore, Octine Ore, Syrmorite Ore, Valonite Ore, and Life Crystal Ore. The caves themselves are often wide and house underground flora and dripping stalactites, along with echoing cave ambiance.
The Betweenlands only has two underground structures at the moment, and those are the Tar Dungeon, located in the Caverns layer, and the Underground Ruins, located in the Lake Caverns layer. Ancient Temples and more will be arriving in the future.
Lots more information as well as lengthy, in-depth guides for the mod can be found on the official wiki.
"How do you install this mod?"
The Betweenlands is installed just like any other Forge mod. Just install the Forge API (you can use an installer) and drop the Betweenlands .jar file into the mods folder that should appear in .minecraft.
"Why is my game crashing?"
First and foremost, make sure that you are using the correct version of Minecraft and the most up-to-date version of Forge API for that version. Another common cause for crashes are the mod's built-in shaders, which do not work on all computers. To fix this disable them manually in the mod's config file found in .minecraft/config/thebetweenlands. Since the mod has not been released for a along time, certain mods may not work with it. If you can tell which mod is incompatible, report it and we will look into it eventually. If you aren't sure what is causing the crash, then just leave a report and we will try to get back to you.
"My screen is totally black! Have I gone blind?"Probably not, no. If this happens to you, I'm guessing you're using Optifine, in which case you need to turn "Fast Render" in the settings to OFF.
"How do I report a crash?"You can leave a reply on this thread. Be sure to include the crash log, but always put in a spoiler or post it on something like pastebin.com otherwise we will not address the issue.
"How do I report a bug?"
Just let us know here, or make an issue on the Github page.
"Can I make a suggestion?"Sure, but just keep in mind that we have tons of ideas of our own that we would like to implement.
"So... when is the next update?"When it's ready. Seriously, we have no idea you just gotta be patient.
"Can I include the mod in my modpack?"
Go head, so long as credit is given to the Angry Pixel team.
"Will the mod work on my server?"
Yup, the mod is completely multiplayer compatible.
~ CREDITS ~
The Betweenlands mod has a comprehensive team of talented people behind its creation. Their development team is called Angry Pixel.
Project manager -MrCompost
Code -TheCyberBrick, Vadis365, Imdutch21, pau101, BobMowzie
Textures -MrCompost, TripleHeadedSheep
Music -Voog2, Scarecrowman, Skrylionix
Sound effects -MrCompost
Additional code -Lexiconn, MrCompost, OnyxDarkNight, SanAndreasP
Additional textures -Stealthgert, WightofShadows, Dylan4Ever
Additional models -Vahkiti, MrCompost
Additional sounds -TripleHeadedSheep, Freesound.org
Wiki maintenance -Wightofshadows
Special thanks -Aginsun, Cricket, FairWolf, Fish2, Hologuard, Hwd45, Iridium616, Ivorius, KazunariAkito, Laskeri, Quintinity, RandumbDude, Robonix, Sagotomi, Sartharis, Stealthgert, Vazkii, ZeuX, calebmanley, daveyx0, kiko0804 and probably many more!All of the dedicated fans who showed their love and support for this project during its development. We couldn't have done it without you!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms. Use of small sections of code is allowed as long as the result is transformation. The code may also be viewed and learned from for educational purposes.
Feel free to create your own banners too! The best ones will be shared here
Apr 3, 2014Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Baubles is a small addon mod and api that is intended to be used by other mods to add additional inventory slots to a character.
It adds 7 new slots: an amulet, belt, head, body, charm and two rings slots. The baubles inventory is accessed by pressing the 'b' hotkey. It is probably a good idea to remap your normal inventory hotkey to the baubles inventory if you are going to be accessing it a lot.
This mod adds very little content itself - it is intended to be an addon for other mods and the only reason I included an item at all was to serve as an example for other developers. The Miners Ring has no crafting recipe and is only attainable in creative mode.
Baubles 1.4.5 for MC 1.11
Baubles 1.4.5 Deobfuscated version for developers
Baubles 1.4.5 API
Baubles 188.8.131.52 for MC 1.9.4
Baubles 184.108.40.206 Deobfuscated version for developers
Baubles 220.127.116.11 API
Baubles 18.104.22.168 for MC 1.9
Baubles 22.214.171.124 Deobfuscated version for developers
Baubles 126.96.36.199 API
Baubles 188.8.131.52 for MC 1.8.9
Baubles 184.108.40.206 Deobfuscated version for developers
Baubles 220.127.116.11 API
Baubles 18.104.22.168 for MC 1.8.8
Baubles 22.214.171.124 Deobfuscated version for developers
Baubles 126.96.36.199 API
Baubles 188.8.131.52 for MC 1.8
Baubles 184.108.40.206 for MC 1.7.10
Baubles 220.127.116.11 Deobfuscated version for developers
Baubles 18.104.22.168 API
Baubles 22.214.171.124 for MC 1.7.2
Baubles 126.96.36.199 Deobfuscated version for developers
Baubles 188.8.131.52 API
Mods using BaublesThaumcraft (of course)
Language Localization, source and bug reports
Check out the github at https://github.com/Azanor/Baubles
Change Log1.3.11 (MC 1.10.2) / 1.4.5 (MC 1.11)
- fixed localization
1.3.10 (MC 1.10.2) / 1.4.4 (MC 1.11)
- item on cursor will no longer be lost if you click on the baubles ring button
- fixed baubles button display text
1.3.9 (MC 1.10.2) / 1.4.3 (MC 1.11)
- added player references to capabilities container and added checks for item validity.
1.3.8 (MC 1.10.2) / 1.4.2 (MC 1.11)
- fix for ticking entity crash
1.3.7 (MC 1.10.2) / 1.4.1 (MC 1.11)
- baubles set to autosync will now sync instantly instead of every 10 ticks
- fix for baubles button not being in the right place when potion take effect or wear off while you are in the GUI.
- update for MC 1.11
- removed support for legacy baubles files (.baub)
- catch edge-case crash if a player is somehow 'ticked' before the world has finished loading. Just do it better this time
- catch edge-case crash if a player is somehow 'ticked' before the world has finished loading.
- prevent a crash if mods assume certain passed parameters won't be null. Naughty.
- emptied bauble slots will sync once again
- hotfix for import derp
- added the ability for equipped baubles to automatically sync to client if their damage or nbt changes without having to manually set their changed flag.
- this is off by default for all baubles
- release of 1.3 branch
- fix onUnequipped behaviour
- fix trinket slots
- baubles now save when changing dimensions
- added some defaults to the api to reduce implementing class clutter
- added command line (/baubles) for ops to view and clear a players baubles inventory
- by popular demand I added 3 more bauble slots: head, body and charm
- added IRenderBauble. This is an item interface that allows baubles to be rendered on the players body or head. Heavily based of the renderer used by Botania (Thanks Vazkii!)
- added a new type of bauble to the API - "TRINKET". It can go into any bauble slot
- fix bauble syncing on MP servers.
- change MODID back to 'Baubles' to preserve dependencies. This will need to change to lowercase for the MC 1.11 update.
- allow baubles to retain compatibility with mods created for older versions.
- BaublesApi.getBaubles now returns IInventory again and a new method has been created to return the new handler if you want to use that instead.
- a few minor fixes / tweaks
- made baubles packets a bit more thread safe
- note that this is an alpha version - testing is required
- update to MC 1.10.2 and Java 1.8
- move baubles to a capabilities based system which should hopefully solve a lot of longstanding issues
- compatible with older saves
- update to mc 1.9.4
- Fix manifest build issue (#130)
- Fix bauble button alignment when potion shift is disabled (#129)
- update to MC 1.9
- updated gui to account for new shield slot
- fixed bauble button location when potions are toggling between active and inactive
- update to MC 1.8.9
- update to MC 1.8.8
- change filename format to account for players with names that are forbidden normally
- fixed for client-side syncing event not firing on initial player login
- make it work server-side
- update for MC 1.8
- api package-info.java cleanup (closes #80)
- now you won't lose items in bauble crafting grid when switching back to vanilla inventory
- Update to Forge 10.13.2+
- possible fix for baubles dropping near player spawn location instead of at where he died.
- change save filenames back to using username instead of UUID to prevent issues in offline mode.
- saves will break if you change your username, but it is the lesser of two evils imo and easy enough to fix by hand
- fix for baubles shortcut "ring" suddenly not shifting like it should when potion effects are active
- added a secondary client sync event in case a player logs off and then on again before his player gets unloaded from a server.
- onUnequip will now only be called once if a bauble is removed via shift-click
- detect NEI so baubles "ring" button is placed correctly (most of the time).
- created workaround for unnecessary calls to onEquipped and onUneEquipped
- fixed a bug where onUneEquipped wasn't being called if you pick an item up from a slot
- added a simple way to switch between the normal and baubles inventory. Thanks to Vazkii for the idea and permission to port it to base Baubles.
- removed the Miners Ring crafting recipe... it is a bit op. I will leave the item in so it is attainable in creative and so it can still serve as an example bauble for devs.
- added backwards compatibility for legacy (pre 1.7.10) savefiles
- update for MC 1.7.10
- no requires Forge 10.13.0.1177
- removed support for legacy save format and moved saving/loading to new forge events
- switch to SimpleNetworkWrapper
- now requires Forge 10.12.1.1110
- hide slot background when drawing slots with items in baubles inventory
- prevent loss of non-baubles items on death
- properly clear player baubles inventory before he enters the world and reset file pointers
- only attempt to load or save baubles server-side
- fix for baubles being synced to the wrong player on the client
- baubles are now synced to all clients on a server, allowing modders to add visual components or other client-side stuff for baubles.
- moved baubles data from player data to custom savefiles (*.baub)
- a backup file is also saved each time in case the main one becomes corrupt.
- automatically revert to backup file if main one cannot be loaded. If both cannot be loaded revert to old player data format. This will also insure that data from previous baubles versions will be loaded the first time.
- undoing the "baubles hotkey closes all inventories" change. It was messing with anything that allows text input
- sync baubles itemstack data between client and server if changed outside the baubles GUI
- the baubles hotkey can now be used to close any gui the player has open
- check for "keepInventory" game rule to prevent baubles from dropping on death
- additional checks to prevent the wrong items getting into the wrong slots
- minor changes to te example ring so it doesn't get used when you right-click to equip in creative mode
- no api changes so devs needn't do much on their part
- API: added a few new methods. I know there is nothing more annoying than constantly changing api's, but hopefully these kinds of changes will be few and far between.
- allow other mods to force a save by marking the inventory as dirty
- example ring can now be rightclicked like armor to equip it
- baubles inventory now opens when it's hotkey is pressed in creative
- properly trigger unequip event when shift clicking out of bauble slot
Mod PacksThe code of “Baubles for Minecraft” in source or binary form is the intellectual property of Azanor. See below for copyright, terms and conditions.
However, due to the nature of this library it will be used by many other mods. Thus, go wild
Check out my Youtube channel here
Special thanks to...
My Beta Testers, you know who you are
chicken_bones for his deploader code.
Please help support me via Patreon
Also go check me out on Twitter @Azanor1 for announcements and such.
© Azanor 2014
Sep 18, 2015Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hey, you are doing something seriously wrong in your handling of old worlds. You are somehow completely overriding Forge's block id mapping and backup with your message that instructs people to make a backup.
Lets say you have a modpack. In an update, you remove one mod, Applied Energistics 2.
You load a world saved with Applied Energistics 2 blocks, forge recognizes that those blocks are missing
prompting you to make a backup in case things go wrong.
It also maintains or converts the block id mappings in the save so all of the blocks stay the same.
Everything is well! You can continue along in your world with the blocks removed because forge saves the day!
You add a few mods in an update. Streams, farseek, and Big Reactors.
You load up a world saved before you added the mods.
Streams adds its little message saying something like "streams might look weird in old worlds, make a backup!".
Streams keeps forge from both converting ID mappings AND creating a backup.
All the block ids after Big Reactors and streams get pushed out of place, corrupting the world completely. You now have no backup because forge was prevented from creating one.
World is entirely corrupted, tears are shed.
Jul 4, 2015ValsNoisyToys posted a message on Infernal Skies - HQM Map / Modpack [WIP - 1.7.10 ONLY]Posted in: Mod Packs
What: Infernal Skies (Beta): The Labors Of Valentine & Gordon
When: Mondays and Friday's starting at 2pm MDT (2 streams: afternoon and evening)
Where: Val's stream (see links in signature - I stream to Twitch, Beam, and Youtube)
Why: Check out what Val and Gordon are up to in this two-player (beta) modpack by CyanideX and his team. I've even been known to answer a question or two (if I know the answers. ).
Jun 20, 2015dbulm2 posted a message on Infernal Skies - HQM Map / Modpack [WIP - 1.7.10 ONLY]Posted in: Mod Packs
*sigh* Kids, am I right?
Jun 8, 2015pyrokilr18 posted a message on Infernal Skies - HQM Map / Modpack [WIP - 1.7.10 ONLY]Posted in: Mod Packs
you need to install the official map on this link http://www.curse.com/worlds/minecraft/231097-infernal-skies-official-map#t1:other-downloads
Jun 1, 2015nuklearsmilz posted a message on Infernal Skies - HQM Map / Modpack [WIP - 1.7.10 ONLY]Posted in: Mod Packs
this is a server all set up
EDIT: Replace with this map too, this one is working. http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/231097-infernal-skies-official-map/files
Apr 18, 2015Posted in: Mods Discussion
I would love to see some Textures done for Modular Armor
I know the author always is going off about his "awful" textures. But I think if he had someone to make him some good textures, he might have a few extra plans with the mod. Might want to shoot him a message if you are interested. Currently the modular armor kinda looks like Iron/Invar armor.
If I was making a list:
Perhaps project red could have a few blocks updated a bit.
Not a huge fan of the ores, and the backpacks.
OpenBlocks also has some blocks that would be nice to be Unified
Perhaps Redstone Aresenal
Some of Railcrafts Maybe? Chunkloaders are useful, but not the best looking. And some of the machines could be unified.
And the CustomNPC's Armor does not match the vanilla armor since you use their new chest piece and Helmet, but you then use the Vanilla Leggings and Boots. But I wouldn't go too crazy on Custom NPC's since there is so many items. I would just change the ones that don't match with the texture pack. The textures aren't bad.
Jan 26, 2015Ellio98 posted a message on Infernal Skies - HQM Map / Modpack [WIP - 1.7.10 ONLY]Posted in: Mod Packs
As it turns out it is...
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.