- Registered Member
Member for 4 years, 8 months, and 7 days
Last active Sat, Jun, 6 2015 18:31:27
- 0 Followers
- 9 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Nov 26, 2014Ooh, and I don't know if it is intentional or not but FML compat isn't in the change log unless I missed it.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Nov 26, 2014Feedback: As far as FML, your current updated beta is looking good at initial glance, although I didn't go through all of the features.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
For 1.8 I have Forge Mod Loader (FML) 184.108.40.2066 installed, which loaded everything in my mods\1.8 folder including OptiFine_1.8.0_HD_U_B2, your xray beta, liteloader and several liteloader mods like the minimap mod_voxelMap_1.3.0_for_1.8. Now, if your mod could just make espresso! (...speaking of which, I plan on buying you a "cup of coffee" soon).
Thanks for everything, looking forward to your release.
Nov 18, 2014I assume you are waiting for the final 1.8 FML before addressing compatibility with it so that you don't have to do it twice? That compatibility is the last missing step in my plugin stack.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jan 27, 2014One small usability enhancement...in the Patcher, It would be great if it remembered the last used directory when clicking the "Add" button (or changing to that dir so it is the "current dir" when the dialog opens next). That way, when installing 3 mods that are in the same dir, you dont have to browse to it 3 times in the dialog box.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks again for your efforts on this! I love it!
BTW - There is an Optifine version for 1.74 now (C5). I mistakenly was trying to add it for a few minutes tonight until I realized my mistake. Just a heads up in case someone else does the same thing.
Jan 24, 2014Kudo's on an excellent mod and for your attentiveness. Using your installer, I was able to install this mod, Rei's, Optifine, and TMI and they all work fine! (Well, CPU spikes, but I am pretty sure that's something that is wrong with opti since I had it before).Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Looking forward to Forge support! I am very glad to see it on your list. Keep it up!
Aug 13, 2013Posted in: Minecraft ToolsQuote from phybros
How would you display them? Just a list? Or some kind of grid view that has some vital statistics about each player?
Well, it depends. It obviously is easier on the user to have a gridview with as many details as you can show. However, since the other feature I requested is to have it automatically refresh the connected users at some interval, I guess it would depend on what information you can extract without impacting performance. Without knowing more about how swift works I can't offer any more input on that. I think in the end, even just a simple list on the tab would be more usable than the expandable node on the treeview. Details can be added later as people request them. (or even keep the tree node which defaults to collapsed, and also have the new tab... the best of both worlds).
BTW - Another tiny annoyance that could be a quick win: The user can't sort the list of installed plugins making it difficult to find a particular one. I would either pre-sort the list before displaying (easy?) or allow clicking the header to sort (a little less easy). The same for Banned players, etc.
I also have some more thoughts on the users/roles request but I dont have time at the moment to type them up... I think this feature should be kept pretty simple or it could turn into an implementation and maintenance time-sink. (boom!)
Thanks again for listening.
Jul 20, 2013I love this tool! Using it I was able to get rid of the memory hog mono wrapper on my server so the memory can be used by MC. I hope to see it continue to mature, both in terms of quality and features. (If I can help let me know, I am a professional .net developer with several years java exp too. However, I only have limited time to spend on projects).Posted in: Minecraft Tools
I am using 0.3.0.7 btw and swift 1.3. (I just saw 1.4 is avail, I'll upgrade after this post)
- The server overview screen on the right does not always update, esp after being disconnected and reconnected or the first time you add a server
- I can't look back in the console without it continuously jumping to the bottom; Either don't update unless the scrollbar is positioned at the bottom, or have a "suspend" checkbox, or add new entries to the buffer but not the control.
- On the players tabs (whiltelist, banned, etc), add a "connected" tab and display connected players there instead of in the treeview. For large servers with many players, the treeview is not the best place to show connected players (IMHO).
- Handle exception when checking for plugin updates. Specifically system.net.webexception. Do this per update check so that one may silently fail but the rest may still go through. (Error message: An error occured while checking for Plugin updates: Error parsing response from BukGet api. \n\n An exception occurred during a WebClient request. \n\nSystem.Net.WebException; This was followed by a System.InvalidOperation exception and full client crash).
- initialize log4j properly. On the console, after the client crash above, I found: [19:16:40] [SEVERE] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadedSelectorServer). [19:16:40] [SEVERE] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
- Just a note: I wouldnt worry much about making settings available in the gui. Anyone using this tool to monitor a server should be capable to modify a .net config file. I would just have the settings menu open the config file so it is at least exposed and easy to get to.
- The ability to disable/re-enable plugins on the server from the gui (on the server just rename the jar to *.jar.disabled)
- periodically auto-refresh the connected player count (15 secs maybe) and worlds (1 hour maybe)
- Configurable client side console filtering ("Reach end of stream" type messages)
- Multiple Users with separate credentials (so Owner can allow Admins to also use tool)
- Roles for users (for instance, Owner might want to give Console access to Admins using this tool but NOT allow them to install plugins)
- More "server health" info. For instance, incorporate information from the server (or is it bukkit) /gc command into the main server panel and/or the world panels.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.