The New Launcher: What You Need to Know

My problem:When i start my launcher says this "unable to download remote file. check your internet connection/proxy". Then when the launcher says i cant connect to the minecraft servers and wont let me play minecraft.
    Every time i try to log it says sorry, we couldn't connect to our server. make sure your online and it is not being blocked
    Quote from Josh894

My problem:When i start my launcher says this "unable to download remote file. check your internet connection/proxy". Then when the launcher says i cant connect to the minecraft servers and wont let me play minecraft.

This may be due to a fire wall blocking the launcher from going to a website or a host. You should check your internet to see if any firewalls are set in place.
    I am unsure if this is the place to post this, but I am having problems with the launcher. Out of nowhere it is ignoring my use of the java arguments built into the profile editor. In the JVM Arguments, I have put -Xmx10G, I have 16gbs of RAM, and yet when I bring up F3 in game, it is only allocating 455MB. I have gotten it to allocate the proper amount before, it has just started to randomly ignore it.

Here is the crash report from after 1 time I actually got it to load with the right RAM, and was able to select my resource pack of choice:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Hi. I'm Minecraft, and I'm a crashaholic.

Time: 8/12/13 9:17 PM
    Description: Registering texture

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at bii.a(SourceFile:218)
    at bii.a(SourceFile:189)
    at bih.b(SourceFile:71)
    at bih.a(SourceFile:54)
    at bij.a(SourceFile:69)
    at bij.a(SourceFile:58)
    at bij.a(SourceFile:49)
    at ats.O(SourceFile:378)
    at ats.d(SourceFile:599)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at bii.a(SourceFile:218)
    at bii.a(SourceFile:189)
    at bih.b(SourceFile:71)
    at bih.a(SourceFile:54)

-- Resource location being registered --
    Details:
    Resource location: minecraft:textures/atlas/blocks.png
    Texture object class: bih
    Stacktrace:
    at bij.a(SourceFile:69)
    at bij.a(SourceFile:58)
    at bij.a(SourceFile:49)
    at ats.O(SourceFile:378)

-- Initialization --
    Details:
    Stacktrace:
    at ats.d(SourceFile:599)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.6.2
    Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.7.0_17, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 89134736 bytes (85 MB) / 477233152 bytes (455 MB) up to 477233152 bytes (455 MB)
    JVM Flags: 3 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx10G -Xmx512M
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: No suspicious classes found.
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    Launched Version: 1.6.2
    LWJGL: 2.9.0
    OpenGL: GeForce GTX TITAN/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
    Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Pack: Sphax PureBDcraft 512x MC16.zip
    Current Language: English (US)
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
    Last edited by Bloodrhen: 8/12/2013 8:28:54 PM
    Whenever I try to login to the new Minecraft Launcher, it says:

''Sorry, but we couldn't connect to our servers.
    Please make sure you are online and that Minecraft is not blocked.''

But I do not have Minecraft blocked in any way. I then tried opening up minecraft.net and mojang.com and logged in on both websites, then I tried logging in on the launcher and it keeps saying the same all day long. My cousin also has this problem.

Could anyone please help us?

Thank you very much,
    MrDimR
    I can't honestly be the only person using Linux here... I really would like to use a shortcut to launch the game but, as I mentioned here http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1866228-the-new-launcher-what-you-need-to-know/page__st__40#entry23707614 I'm not all that skilled in Linux so a little help would be appreciated.
    Im Not playing offline and I Still Cant Join A Server
    Quote from freakyautumn

Ah! My goodness I figured it out!

By including this arguement in the 1.5.2 profile I created in the JVM Arguements, 1.5 works beautifully!

-Xmx512M -Xms512M -cp Minecraft.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false -Xms512M -Xmx512M

Going to try 1.6 now.

NOTE: I think you need to have a minecraft.jar luancher on your desktop to use this... testing with 1.6.

EDIT: YESSSSSSS It works! with 1.6!

You sir.... Are a very epic person. This Helped so much, i don't even need optifine. I highly suggest everyone else uses this. (Legit, no sarcasm)
    Feel free to pm me about any concerns,corrections,or questions.
    I do redstone, pvp, light map making, enjoy sweet tea, and I'm a Leo.
    If I helped, Up-vote my post please.
    Quote me if you require my attention.
    Rep+ for the cute download buttons :)
    Quote from name="Hadan" timestamp="1372706825" post="23153752" »

I must be doing something wrong with the profile-editor:
    I tried setting the directory for the new version to d:/minecraft, but it still downloads all the core-files to userdata/-minecraft

Am i missing something?

regards
    Hadan

^^THIS^^

This was on the first page and it has not been answered yet, can we please get a fix or at least a response?
    Quote from Ireee

+ the Linux/Other version appearance greatly sucks.

Macs Version Appearance is great but sadly Windows Version doesn't look good because the mac version the Dev Console and the other bars at the top are in the middle i hope mojang would update it to look like the mac way D:
    Last edited by sebross: 8/30/2013 2:18:56 PM
    I have a problem with my minecraft, it just plain wont work! here is what i get when i try to use the new launcher
    .Bootstrap (v5)
    Current time is Dec 26, 2013 6:02:31 PM
    System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Windows 7'
    System.getProperty('os.version') == '6.1'
    System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'x86'
    System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.7.0_25'
    System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'
    System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '32'

Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
    Recognized exception: the likely cause is a set of broken/missing root-certificates. Check your java install and perhaps reinstall it.
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 2/10)
    Exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed
    Recognized exception: the likely cause is a set of broken/missing root-certificates. Check your java install and perhaps reinstall it.
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 3/10)
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 4/10)
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 5/10)
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 6/10)
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 7/10)
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 8/10)
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 9/10)
    Downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/launcher.pack.lzma (try 10/10)
    Unable to download remote file. Check your internet connection/proxy settings.
    FATAL ERROR: net.minecraft.bootstrap.FatalBootstrapError: Unable to download while being forced
    at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.execute(Bootstrap.java:95)
    at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:381)

Please fix the error and restart.
    Quote from SoulSeekerUSA

Hadan, on 01 July 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

I must be doing something wrong with the profile-editor:
    I tried setting the directory for the new version to d:/minecraft, but it still downloads all the core-files to userdata/-minecraft

Am i missing something?

regards
    Hadan

^^THIS^^

This was on the first page and it has not been answered yet, can we please get a fix or at least a response?

Me again, still having the same problem.
    I tried the new snapshot, made a new profile:

but the files still showed up in the wrong dir:

I am usually not that bad with computers, but i cant figure out what i am missing.

/edit:
    I tried setting the path manually to "D:\Minecraft 1.6\versions\snapshots", which creates the desired folder, but all the programm data is still saved to appdata
    Last edited by Hadan: 9/7/2013 2:31:14 AM
    Is there a way to put a relative path in the game directories input?
    Please click the button if this post/topic was helpful/useful/fun in any way!
    I play SP minecraft both at home and at work during lunchtimes (1.6.2), and i shuttle my game save between the two, but since the new launcher, whenever i play on one machine (at home for example), when i then play on the other machine at work later on, it says i'm already logged in; do i want to play with this player <my username> - which is correct, so i hit the play button but it says it cant log me in; i have to re-enter my email address and password, which i do, it then lets me play normally as before, but when i go back to my home machine i have the same issue again, ad infinitum. Its seems to suggest when i finish playing my game either at work or home, i need to logout at the end of the session - is this right? The old launcher i just logged in automatically regardless of whether i was at home or work ...
    I just came back to MC after several months. Knowing that the game was updated with new launcher and all, I just decided to delete everything, launcher and .minecraft appdata files, update java, and download the new launcher. However, upon running the new launcher, it skips the interface and immediately asks me to log in, and then proceeds to tell me that "sorry, we are unable to connect to our servers right now". Did I miss something vital, or is it just the infinitely buggy client?
    Quote from Mr_N_Derman

I play SP minecraft both at home and at work during lunchtimes (1.6.2), and i shuttle my game save between the two, but since the new launcher, whenever i play on one machine (at home for example), when i then play on the other machine at work later on, it says i'm already logged in; do i want to play with this player <my username> - which is correct, so i hit the play button but it says it cant log me in; i have to re-enter my email address and password, which i do, it then lets me play normally as before, but when i go back to my home machine i have the same issue again, ad infinitum. Its seems to suggest when i finish playing my game either at work or home, i need to logout at the end of the session - is this right? The old launcher i just logged in automatically regardless of whether i was at home or work ...

it's a security reason. it will not allow 2 different computers to be logged in at the same time.
    Feel free to pm me about any concerns,corrections,or questions.
    I do redstone, pvp, light map making, enjoy sweet tea, and I'm a Leo.
    If I helped, Up-vote my post please.
    Quote me if you require my attention.
    Hello, related to the new launcher, I have a question.

Since the last week or two I think, now, everytime I want to play Minecraft, I'm been asked to log again.

Why is this? How can I turn back to how it used to be, where I was logged automatically?

Thanks a lot.
    i have a big problem i open the new launger but when i pick play it didnt open the minecraft plz i need help
    i have a problem with the new launger.when i open the launger and pic 'Play' it doesnt open minecraft to play and it just reopen all the time
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes