I have been running a small vanilla Minecraft server through Hamachi for a few months now, but after updating both the server client as well as my Minecraft client to 1.3.1, I've run into a few issues. Basically, I can connect to my own server, but nobody else can. They have all upgraded their versions of Minecraft to 1.3.1 as well. When looking to join my server, they all get the standard 'Can't reach server' message. I have not made any changes to the firewall settings recently, but it should be noted that I hadn't put the server up for about two weeks prior to the issue occurring.
During those two weeks, I have instead been running a Tekkit server without any sort of problems with connections. And, in fact, the Tekkit server still operates flawlessly if I put it up currently. Is there any sort of conflict the Tekkit server may have caused with the vanilla server client? I have the Tekkit server set to port forward to a different address. It seems as if it is the standard server client that is causing all the issues.
I appreciate any help anyone may be able to give me regarding this topic. I have something important planned which will utilize the server relatively soon, so I really need to get it up and running ASAP. Feel free to post any questions for clarification! Thanks!
I have been having the exact same problem, and have been vigilantly trying to find the solution, so it's great to see it up on the forums.
So, same story, minecraft 1.2.5 and previous servers as well as tekkit and hack/mine servers I've hosted, all via Hamachi, and have never had an issue. Now, since the release of 1.3.1, (and I'm using the 1.3.1 mincraft server.exe from minecraft.net) I try to host the server same as always, and although I can connect fine, others cannot. And I'm just repeating the initial post...
Anyway, HELP! lol. Is there something we're missing here? a small adjustment, or perhaps one more simple step that needs taken when hosting a 1.3.1 server?? We can't wait to play with all the new features of 1.3.1, but first a solution must be found!
I've been having the EXACT same problem too, except I've never run a tekkit/hack n mine server. I had this problem in the past too, I can't remember which update it was but it was around the 1.8 update. No one could connect to my server, I checked white list, ip addresses of both hamachi and my server, updates, everything. Nothing could get it to work for the entire update, and the server only started working again after the following update came out. I'm with all of you on bringing this problem to Mojang's attention and getting it fixed, this is seriously annoying when you like to play with friends.