Does your server not work? - The list of possible solutions

Anybody know if it is possible to set up a server just by plugging two computers together without using an internet connection?
    Me and my brother would really want to set up a server for both of us to play together and getting internet in both of our computerx is something not possible in the place we live in.
    my problem is when I start the server,it says:[WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
    [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    :sad.gif:

If I helped you in any way,remember to push that green arrow button on the bottom-right side of my post!
    Quote from Bupep

my problem is when I start the server,it says:[WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind
    :sad.gif:

Ok thats now fixed,but now my problem is when i spawn in my server there is no land only ocean,but when I tried a seed that is the same as the server name,the spawn is ocean and only a little land is spotted(i mean it,very little,like its about 5x5) :sad.gif:

If I helped you in any way,remember to push that green arrow button on the bottom-right side of my post!
    Hello, i have everything except for connection, i use Windows XP and when i try to connect to my hamachi server(I own it) it cant connect," Connection Refused: connect
    when I run my server, it says:

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.8.1
    [WARNING] **** NOT ENOUGH RAM!
    [WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
    [INFO] Loading properties
    [WARNING] server.properties does not exist
    [INFO] Generating new properties file
    [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Please help me! :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
    Last edited by CrazyRyan1111: 11/10/2011 8:06:04 AM
    [SSSS]
    I keep getting an error message that says "The server responded with an invalid server key" and after I try to connect again, it says "End of stream." Please help! :unsure.gif:
    Quote from vonmon2

I keep getting an error message that says "The server responded with an invalid server key" and after I try to connect again, it says "End of stream." Please help! :unsure.gif:

It's just a bug, keep trying and restart minecraft, it should work then :smile.gif:
    my server is running really, really slowly, although that might be a computer problem, until i opened it and it said "[SEVERE] Unexpected exception" it hasnt worked since
    Quote from katgirl28888

my server is running really, really slowly, although that might be a computer problem, until i opened it and it said "[SEVERE] Unexpected exception" it hasnt worked since

never mind, im just an idiot lol

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Too big view radius!

genius me right
    i need help with my sever i have port forwarded but my friend cant connect it just says cant reach server Ive look for firewalls and there are none in the way he is playing in browser and I'm not dose that make a difference help
    btw i dont speek computer so in english pls
    Hi !

I'm trying to make a server on iMac, I can play, my brother , who plays in my house, can conect, but my friend can't conect. I forward the ports, and I tell my ip... but he cant =/

Thanks !
    hi i am trying to make a server (windows 7,4GB ram) and somthing is going wrong
    this is my 'startserver.bat' file contents
    @echo off
    path=%PATH%;%Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
    java -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar

i intend to use this on a 2GB ram computer but i want to config here
    when i open said bat file it opens the cmd stuff but it closes and says "unable to acess jarfile minecraft_server.jar "
    but when i opem the exe it works fine i just cant connect
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Setting_up_a_server this link helped a little

help is needed thanks :sad.gif:
    Last edited by Mitchell52: 12/16/2011 12:43:27 AM
    95% of teens would scream if Justin Beiber was about to jump of the top of the Empire State Building. 4.9% would grab a seat and some popcorn and yell JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! 0.1% would be on the other side of the building with a sniper taking aim. Put this in your sig if your that 0.1%
    my server keeps saying this...

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.0.0
    [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 71.7.110.177:25565

WTF do I do?
    I deleted my server in an attempt to start a new one. I went and found all files related to the server and deleted them. I downloaded a new server and when I try to run it it goes on forever trying to access the old files. Can I start a new sever, or have I just screwed myself?
    nvm i fixed it
    i made a server on windows and i have an airport extreme router i port forwarded it and i have also turned off the firewall i can connect to the server with my mac using the static ip that i assigned my windows computer but i can not connect with my external ip and neither can any one else i have tried to make a server many times and every time it defeats me but this time its payback please help any advise is much appreciated.
    I am using a Linksys router and I think I have done everything right but when I go into a port checker it says that the port is closed.
    I have a server, but I'm not telling the IP :)
    when i try to make a server the minecraft_server.jar launchers and says this

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1

Quote from Shadowprince116

when i try to make a server the minecraft_server.jar launchers and says this

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1

Have you port forwarded in your router?
    I have a server, but I'm not telling the IP :)
    I tried to setup a private server, as vanilla server it work well, but as soon as I install the newest ModloarderMP for servers, I get following error message:
    "Internal exeption: java.io.IOExeption: Bad packet id 230"

i followed the install instructions of ModloaderMP Server and i tried a few programs for an easy server setup but it all ends the same way.

I used a solution way that told me to syncronize the internet time, but even that was not working.
    Do someone know something else I could do, to start my server with modloader?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes