Your problem is that you cant connect to the authentication servers at surse/majong. The quick fit to this is to go into your server.properties and where it says "online-mode=true" set it to false. restart your server and you will be able to log in as it wont try to authenticate you.
Take note, its a quick fix and not recommended. If your hosting online mode with online-mode=false people can log in to your server with your username and pretend to be you/control your character.
To do it for your server you need to go into your servers folder and in there will be a file called "server.properties", open it with notepad or whatever text editor you use and change "online-mode=true" to "online-mode=false". Unfortunately while the authentication servers are down you wont be able to join any servers that have online-mode=true.
Thankyou Survivzor! I really can't thank you enough. Lets hope it works. Can you Email me the new IPs for that authentication server as you get them? Thanks! Email to [email protected] Also, could you tell me the amazonaws URL please and could you tell me how to allow the IPs and the URL. Thanks. My system is Windows 7
I had this just a couple minutes ago. none of the posts here were any help (no offense) but I managed to find my own solution:
Note: this will reset your settings.
1. Go into minecraft and write down all your server ips so you do not lose them
2. Go to %appdata% in the file explorer.
3. Go into .minecraft
4. Take the saves and resource pack folders out onto your desktop. (this is your minecraft worlds and, well, resource packs )
5. take any other important files from there like mods folders from forge and stuff
6. Go back to the page with the .minecraft file on it
7. delete it
8. Open the minecraft launcher and log in.
9. press play and now wait for minecraft to re-install.
10. You should now be able to type in the servers you wrote down and should be able to join them.
11. Whenever you want to play single player or use resource packs again go to %appdata% than to .minecraft again
12. replace the resource pack and saves folders there with the ones you put on your desktop
13. this should have restored your minecraft worlds and resource packs ( do the same for any other files you took off); only your settings should be back to default
Thank you and good night!
(this is what I do whenever I have a problem with minecraft )
Well I seem to have found a fix to this issue atleast on win 8, just disabled my firewall this isnt really something you should do but its a last resort since 1/5 people that connect must wait for someone else to connect before it manages to autheniticate them.
The problem is still there, Im running a server not connecting to one, I find it very hard to say if its client or server side but im thinking it could be that Mojang is experiencing problems if you go to http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/ and check the status of these badboys they seem to loose connection sometimes there for displaying offline, so its most likely that its Mojangs problem, they havnt posted anything on their offical site about it as far as I know.