So my Minecraft updated to 1.5.2 today, and like many of you, my server was "Out of date". If you're running bukkit, follow these instruction to UPDATE your server.
1. Click this link: http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/list/dev/
2. Select build #2765 (Newest)
4. Create a NEW folder and place your download into the folder.
5. Copy/Paste your RUN.bat file (That you created with your first server) into the new folder.
6. run the BAT file, and update the server.
7. After it's updated, in the Command Prompt, type "stop". After it saves, exit the Command prompt.
8. Open your old server folder, and copy your "Server Properties FILE", Ops TEXT FILE, and the three folders that include your current world data....(Aka, 'nameofworld', 'nameofworld'_nether, 'nameofworld'_the_end)
9. Paste all 5 of those files into your new server folder you created in step 4.
10. Re-run the RUN.BAT
You now have an updated server!
Please note: If this is difficult to understand for a lot of you, I'll upload pictures....
dj2Trot You might have not changed file correctly. The file name needs to be craftbukkit.exe . If that is correct it might be with your code. If your code is from wiki Minecraft you will need to change .jar to .exe .
I don't know if it's a bug on 1.5.2 or the bukkit update: it worked, I'm in the server, but there are tons of passive mobs. Like 10 times more the spawn of cows, pigs, sheep and chickens. Any idea what's going on? All I did was replacing the craftbukkit.jar file with the one you linked.
Remember, the current builds of bukkit are a DEV build, not a recommend build (AKA RB). This means there are probably going to be some sharp edges and bugs! You can use a dev build, but you do so at your own risk. If the build destroys your world, that's just too bad, you are out of luck, should have stuck with an RB.
There is a reason why the bukkit staff doesn't link to the dev builds any longer in their announcement posts, and their reasoning behind that is if you can't figure out how to get it and update your server with it on your own, then you probably shouldn't be running it.
Teej94, can you please adjust your first post to make it clear that this is a dev/beta build? Calling it a release makes it sound that the build is considered stable, which is most definitely not the case.
I ride the bukkit on Linux with a PEX shooter at my side. Please don't PM me for help, PM's don't help the community at large as it's not publicly viewable. Use pastie or pastebin for files, I will not download files. Click the up arrow if I helped. (I also do YT Vids)