Can't create Bukkit server :(

I've followed all the steps on a YouTube video, but this is what I get!

(PS: I'm Norwegian, that's why you may not understand the language on the image below!)

Last edited by PapiDimmi: 11/26/2012 7:27:19 AM
    I am from Norway, so I'm sorry for my bad English :)
    Right click on craftbukkit -> Extract Here.
    what you have there is called a RAR file, this is a container, you have to extract it like powered said.
    what you need is the JAR file that is inside

but it looks also like your java isn't added to the program-path
    I right clicked on the "craftbukkit" file, and clicked "Extract Here" (with WinRAR), and then I cutted away the original craftbukkit file, but it's still the same!

You shouldnt extract your craftbukkit.jar

Minecraft IGN: TomYaMee
    Quote from TomYaMee

You shouldnt extract your craftbukkit.jar

Okay whatever, I have a backup...

But anyway, what the heck should I do then?
    You need to add java to your path. It is not finding the java executable.

You do not need to unpack your craftbukkit.jar, people were only confused since winrar was associated with jar files (which is perfectly fine).
    Quote from bezaban

You need to add java to your path. It is not finding the java executable.

You do not need to unpack your craftbukkit.jar, people were only confused since winrar was associated with jar files (which is perfectly fine).
    What do you mean by "adding java to your path"? I can right click craftbukkit.jar and click "Open with", if that's what you mean, and then click java, but that doesn't work!

So what do you mean? What should I do?? :(
    i think the word in that run.bat means "java didnt recognize as program of another application" , open computer properties, advance system settings, environtment variables, edit the path value to ur java folder example : Java/jre6/bin
    Last edited by Frostune: 11/27/2012 5:19:11 AM
    Quote from Frostune

i think it means "java didnt recognize as program of another application" , open computer properties, advance system settings, environtment variables, edit the path value to ur java folder example : Java/jre6/bin

I've done what you said so far, but until "Environtment variables" you said, I don't understand.
    I'm on Advanced system settings, but since my PC isn't in English, I don't understand that much ... :(

I don't know what to do!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes