k so i downloade forge and dragged my mod into the mod folder like it said, but every time i try to load up my minecraft it crashes at the mojang screen but when i take my mod out of the mod folder (and yes i have tried several different mods all designed for 1.6.2) it loads up just fine and it shows that forge is working (under multiplayer button it has "mods" button u can click on it and it brings u to were its suppost to. since i cant figure it out ill list the steps of what i do and i have redone them many times
1) Go to the "Files" tab on the Forge website 2) click the link that says "install" on the "recommended 1.6.2" line 3) Click "keep" in the download bar so that it will download 4) Drag the download to my desktop 5) Double click on the shortcut i made 6) Click on "Install Client" 7) Click "ok' 8) Click "ok" on the new window saying it was installed 9) start up minecraft 10) go back into my .minecraft folder to find new mods folder 11) drag wanted mod into it 12)start minecraft 13) let it crash for the 28th time 14) cry about it (jk)
if u know how to solve this problem i would really appreciate ur help
okay its sad that thats the only answer and i have the soloution that isnt "did you run the forge profile" so whats happening is previous mods are clashing with forge forge is a modloader but it has to be installed from a clean minecraft if u wanna use forge your gunna have to delete minecraft!!!!!! ya not as bad as it seems if your concerned about your singleplayer worlds just drag the worlds folder to your desktop and leave it there delete minecraft application, delete the .minecraft folder and go to the website and download minecraft run it and close it put your worlds folder back set your settings and your good now its clean and should work if this doesnt help then srry i dont know what it is but hope it does help - Diamondminer
Make sure you start up your minecraft before opening the mods folder and etc, then close. Then drag the .zip to your .minecraft/mods folder, close, and start minecraft over again. I had the same problem with forge which I just started using yesterday and this worked for me.
1. Can you copy the crash info? (in a spoiler)
2. Make sure that the mods you want don't need any other mods
3. Make sure they need to be in the mods and not coremods folder
4. What mods have you tried?