Welcome to the official CTM BlindRun leaderboards and event organization thread!
These events bring together Speedrunners, CTM map players and map makers. At every event, a map maker will create a CTM map for the event. When it is released, everyone can try to complete it, the fastest possible.
These are the detailed rules for the CTM BlindRun Events.
1. The Map becomes available on a given date & time. No one, except the Map Maker and eventual beta-testers, should have seen the map. The Map Maker and the beta-tester are thus not allowed to compete in Competitive and Casual Leaderboards.
2. The Map should be between one and two hour gameplay, including failed attempts. Any rule that should be applied while playing the Map must be defined in a "rules.txt" file, given with the Map. This file should not contain any spoiler of the Map. They can be reminded in the Map itself for more visibility. Participants are allowed to read the "rules.txt" file before playing the Map, and without starting the timer.
3. Timer rules : The timer starts when you successfully open the Map for the first time. It ends when you successfully complete all of the madatory Map objectives, defined in the Map rules. Dying, resetting or opening a fresh copy of the map does not reset the timer.
4. The participants are only allowed to play the Map with Minecraft, and are not allowed to use Crative or Spectator Gamemode, and must play in Hard difficulty, unless the rules of the Map say otherwise. MCedit, NBT Edit and any third-party program that allows access to the Map content is forbidden during the Event.
5. Two Leaderboards are available : the "Casual" Leaderboard, where every time will be accepted ; and the "Comptetitive" Leaderboard, where you need a video proof and the approval of the organizing team to be accepted.(This separation is in order to maintain the fun in the Event, while keeping some leaderboards.)
6. You can try to speedrun the Map as a classic speedrun after you have completed the Event. A third "Classic" Leaderboard will accept those classic times (Timer starts when you open a fresh copy of the Map and ends when you complete this copy of the Map.) This Leaderboard also requires a video proof.
7. If you completed the Event or a Speedrun, post your time in this thread's replies section (with your video proof, if you have one.) Your time will be added to the appropriate Leaderboards, if approved. The Event lasts for a week after it started.
CTM BlindRun #5 : Sea Current
Map maker : LeoFailSR Started : Saturday, September 10th 16:00 UTC Finishes : To be determined. Don't worry, you still have plenty of time. Map link : Sea Current for Minecraft 1.8.1
Times with video proof.
#1 - Zunar in 44:02
#2 - Quaker in 1:19:42
Times given without video proof.
#1 - CrazyTrollTeam in 32:03
#2 - Gunter in 37:13
#3 - Zunar in 44:02
#4 - Quaker in 1:19:42
#1 - LaterNightGamer in 5:43
#2 - Quaker in 40:43
#3 - Cubiccl in 42:13
#4 - Zunar in 50:43
Although TJTheObscure deserves the second place, he couldn't finish the map because it was kinda broken. His attempt is definitly worth a mention!
#1 - LaterNightGamer in 12:57
#2 - TJtheObscure in 15:34
#3 - Flow in 26:07
#4 - Cubiccl in 41:46
#5 - Quaker in 47:32
#6 - TheZunar in 54:27
#7 - Pseud02 in 55:25
#8 - CrazyTrollTeam in 1:13:00
SPEEDRUN LEADERBOARD Classic speedruns of the map.
#1 - Quaker in 04:53,660
CTM BlindRun #1 : Iris Clouds
Map maker :Acaran Started : May 1st 2016, 15:00 UTC Map link : Download
The map had some serious issues when released, that is why there is so few attempts. The map is fixed now, if you want to try it. Next time should be better.
Hello! I am a CTM mapper and I would be willing to make the map for the second run. I've always loved the speedrunning community and I would be more than happy to make a map for you guys. Just send me a private message if you want
Edit: I might be able to record a run of the first map release
So I made it to the purple/magenta stained glass, but when I tried to pick it up it disappeared. Not sure if that's supposed to happen.
Edit: Yeah, I think there may be something wrong with the map. After collecting the yellow stained glass it, too, disappeared.
Yea, I'm sorry TJ, I messed up big time. The map is pretty much broken. It's waaaaay too difficult and the command block contraption doesn't work. There are also 2 glasses missing, the cyan is supposed to be with the nether star and instead of orange, there is a empty woolbox.
Only person to finish it was Cubi who finished after roughly 3 hours.
If you want to finish the map, you can go to original spawn in creative and break the commandblock that has /clear @a[score_death1_min=1] 95 in it and it should work.
I'll just go cover my grave now. Come by sometime and light a candle for my poor soul.
No worries. There's bound to be problems on a first attempt at something like this. I also noticed the map was available at 14:30 UTC, even though the event didn't start til 1500. That, or I can't tell time.
I actually think the difficulty level wasn't too bad, but it did feel rather large for an event like this. I think 2 or 3 objectives would be ideal.
Anyways, I'm glad I had the opportunity to participate. I will be uploading some of the highlights, though I only made it to the yellow-stained glass.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
As long as you have a pick you'll be fine. Just keep running...
Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna be trying it later tonight!
(Reads rest of post)
...um, maybe I'll wait a week before I start then, see if those bugs can get ironed out.
Edit Question: Is there any information for who can be eligible to make a map for this event or where we can "apply" to build for the BlindRun Event? I may want to try building one for the event sometime!
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
I played for about 20 mins and got my hands on one wool before I quit because I was not enjoying the map. I'll post my video footage in a bit.
But I do very much like this style of event, and hope to see more.
EDIT: I also feel I should mention that I got a bunch of malware after downloading the map; the typical mediafire/adfly sites for downloads seem to often have that stuff... Windows Defender seems to have caught/stopped it, but I wanted to warn folks anyway.