I recently saw that doku had released a dark version of his new texture pack "dokucraft" and I thought it looked amazing. So I wanted to show you guys how to really make doku's new pack look amazing with an easy-to-build house. Here is a rather detailed guide with many screenshots and explanations for them.
I also have another of these tutorials in which I show you how to make a nice caslte! It can be found here! So please check it out too!
Note: This is only the smallest size of this house, you can add multiple stories and bigger floors and such so don't complain if it's too small!
WARNING: Extreme coziness!
VIDEO TUTORIAL BY paulsoaresjr, a really nice and famous guy from Youtube!
Great video tutorial by KnowOneWho.
Edit:The bed is bugged with the double doors, I suggest you only build one door and put glass or something else instead of the other one.
~ 32x Log of any kind (pine looks best imo)
~ 3-4 stacks of cobblestone (with wall add 2-3 stacks)
~ A stack of wooden stairs
~ A couple of ladders
~ 32 Smoothstone halfsteps
~ 32 glass
~ 32-64 pieces of fence
~ 20 gravel
~ Some torches
~ 2 Wooden doors
~ Common stuff to decorate, workbench, chests, furnaces, jukebox, bed, bookshelves, paintings, cake and so on.
For better look use lightstone (I'll show where)
There are probably a lot more items that you can use but that would be most of them.
Here is how to build it:
1. Begin to find a 6x8 flat area, with a wall you need a bit more.
2. Dig 3 blocks down in the whole marked area.
3. Fill with cobble as walls and wood as floor. This will be the basement.
4. Add a frame with cobblestone with dark wood in the corners and fill out with wood to make the floor in your house. Also do the entrance thing.
5. Begin to build the walls as shown in the picture, don't forget the entrance!
6. Add another frame of cobble and put more pine wood in the corners. Stack a fence onto another at the entrance, then build the little roof there too.
7. Begin with the next layer, which will be the first bit of the roof. There are cobble at two walls, stairs at two, pine in the corners, and on the front it's merged with the entrance roof. Just follow how I built, but don't forget that there are stairs on the back of the house too!
8. Simply build as shown in the picture.
9. Build the roof with normal wooden stairs, but use two wooden blocks in the middle front to make it look better with the entrance. After that the actual house is done!
Now I will show some more pictures where I added some windows to the basement, a wall, decoration inside and so on. You can decorate it however you want, and the wall is just for a bit of protection and you can build it how big you want.
Here you can see the completed house from the outside, I build the windows for the basement with a pice of glass and a stone halfstep, like this from the side.
  
Here is a weird top view on the basement windows.
A very nice view from the inside showing the decoration, please tell me it looks nice!
Notice the lightstone lamps I built.
And finally the basement.
Please at least try to build it yourself and show me the results with a picture. Please use other texture packs too.
Thanks goes to:
Some things from Gerudoku
Creator of invedit
And ofc mojang.
Video tutorial by Phoenix76653
Here are pictures with some other packs that I had on my computer!
That is one purdy house! It's a bit too small for my tastes, but I guess I could mod it to whatever shape I wanted. Could you maybe post a picture with the defauls skin? These other skins are just to epic for me! :tongue.gif:
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from didildude »
[Pig]:Listen we need to talk
[SSSS]:Sure whats up?
[Pig]:Us, We need to brake up
[Pig]:Its not you, its just i've met someone else
You know, I think people can figure out how to make their own "cool" and "nice-looking" houses.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Quote from shairn »
42- The answer to life, the universe and everything
64- Full stack
314- Mathematical Dessert
413- Stuck at home(Or something similar, I can never remember)
666- Mark of the Beast
1337- Pathetic meme
This is a nice tutorial. I tried it out just out of curiosity, and I'm pleased with the results. It's a lot smaller than my usual builds so very cottage-like. Took a few pics here using a custom painterly texture pack.