Updated to 1.10

Version 1.10
    • Ability to play Minecraft Music added
    • Configuration bit simplified
    • Optimised rendering
    • Texture Pack Support added

Made a video of the Screensaver's 4 modes:
    Last edited by Stucuk: 6/29/2011 10:35:28 AM
    Does the new texture pack support mean that the minecraft game is now required to be installed for the screensaverr to work now? (I seem to recall something about you planning on doing this by making the screensaver read from the minecraft.jar so was just wondering if this is the case?)

This doesn't affect me I have bought the game, I'm just curious :smile.gif:

PJP
    Minecraft On! Minecraft Server Hosting Special Thanks to DrRedstoner for his help with getting the banner working.
    Downloaded!
    Quote from d-_-b-PJP-d-_-b »
    Does the new texture pack support mean that the minecraft game is now required to be installed for the screensaverr to work now? (I seem to recall something about you planning on doing this by making the screensaver read from the minecraft.jar so was just wondering if this is the case?)

Nope. The screensaver still comes with terrain.png(well terrain.stf). But any future screensaver modes which require other Minecraft Images/etc won't work without Minecraft being installed. So in the future owning the game will effectively unlock extra screensaver modes.

It gets Minecraft files in the following order:
    1. Texture Pack
    2. Minecraft.jar
    3. MCI_Data\Images\ folder

If it doesn't exist in one it then try's the next location.
    Got Steve hardcoded. Will have to make a mob editor.
    Last edited by Stucuk: 6/29/2011 10:35:49 AM
    Hey! Your screensaver is awesome and really suits my minecraft win7 theme. :happy.gif:
    One question though. I'm using Misa' 64x64 texture pack, and all the selections for the rotating cube sides are messed up. ie. Half of the textures are stone and the others are off centre. The texture pack is loaded straight into minecraft, not through the minecraft texture pack menu, so the option for choosing a texture pack doesn't work.
    What I was wondering is if there's a way that you could force the screensaver to think bigger, so to speak, auto adjusting to different sizes. eg. 32x32, 64x64.
    If that's a little too difficult, all I really want is a way to set the screensaver to use the default minecraft textures and not the ones from the game file. (Perhaps put a button "Use Default Textures" to lead the screensaver to use the default image.)
    This truly is a great thing you have created for us minecraft fanatics. :tongue.gif:

Thanks in advance,
    Akat0sh.
    Currently it only supports 16x16 textures, im not sure if higher resolution terrain.png's will be supported in the future. The simplest way to make it not use the Minecraft.jar for the Terrain.png is to supply the screensaver with an invalid Minecraft directory(You can alternatively create your own texture pack that contains the original terrain.png). I will make it so in future versions you can force it to use the included terrain.png over Minecrafts.
    Wow it looks great. :Pig:

I liek :biggrin.gif:

but still no mac support?

I know a few people who could edit this 4 the mac - could you send it to me, then ill send it to them, then when they're done ill send it back to you.

Is:
    A) zat ok?
    or
    :cool.gif: shud i just shut up?
    Whats tha resolution. ?
    Free Minecraft Subscriptions.
    Quote from Ultimohobo »
    I already make my own hotdogs. Wolves are delicious, and there so much lava around...
    Oh. wow... I'm so amazed!
    Well done!

TwitterGenderWishHudZ

Quote from Arbiter_Archon »
    but still no mac support?

I don't own a mac, so i can't support macs (Due to the whole not being able to test, nor have any clue how screensavers work on macs thing). Before anyone suggests it, i am not going to buy a mac.

I could make a native Linux version but i have no clue how screensavers work in linux(Or more precisely how to get it so you can select a screensaver and the system will then automatically run it after X Minutes of inactivity).

Quote from Arbiter_Archon »
    I know a few people who could edit this 4 the mac - could you send it to me, then ill send it to them, then when they're done ill send it back to you.

You have no clue what the programming language used is, so i seriously doubt you actually know anyone who could convert it so that it works on macs or you would have asked what language it was written in first. In any case i am not releasing the source code. If your friends had the skills to modify it to work on macs then they should have the skills to make there own screensaver from scratch. Minecraft style graphics are not hard to do.

Note: Converting the code so it works on a mac isn't hard. You just need to replace all the windows API calls with Mac's equivalent.

Quote from iezza »
    Whats tha resolution. ?

What do you mean? Screensaver works on whatever resolution you have your desktop set to.
    Sorry :sad.gif:
    Updated to 1.11

Version 1.11
    • Texture pack bug fixed
    • Partial support for texture packs above 16x16
    • Random screensaver mode selection bug fixed
    • Mob Profile mode added(work in progress)

There was a bug with texture packs where if you tried to select the "Minecraft" one after you had previously selected a custom one, it would never reset the selected texture pack. There was also a bug where it wouldn't select the correct random screensaver mode based on what you had picked from the list.

Partial support for texture packs above 16x16 means that if you use a higher resolution texture pack that the screensaver will resize the terrain.png to 16x16 and use that instead(Except with Mob Profile). As the screensaver uses GL_NEAREST even if it fully supported higher textures it would still look blocky(There are artifacts when using GL_LINEAR due to how it works when you use Atlas textures).

The Mob Profile mode is a work in progress, currently its just Steve (The player character). Mob Profile mode requires a valid Minecraft directory to be set or it will just display a warning message instead when ran.
    Last edited by Stucuk: 6/7/2011 4:39:26 AM
    I logged in just to tell you how awesome this screen saver is!

I'm working on a Minecraft Theme for windows 7 and this is really helpful!

For anyone with Win 7 I'll remember to post up a download link.
    Yet Another Creeper Causing Trouble In Real Life...
    ------>http://i56.tinypic.com/xg06j8.jpg
    Click the URL! it's hilarious!
    Very nice.
    Any ideas as to why everything is white?

I've tried re-downloading it multiple times,and re-installing it.

When installing I allow it to select the default folders Windows\System32

If I could have an idiots guide to installation (just to check I am not making a stupid mistake) that'd be great.

By 'everything is white' I mean that when the screen saver comes on (and in the preview when changing settings etc) the background is white (although I have selected use desktop as background) and EVERY block is plain white with gray shading on some sides.

I'm running Win 7
    I have Kaspersky Internet Security (I scanned the .rar and the .exe and it didn't have an issue with either)

If there's anything I've missed info wise LMK and I'll post it ASAP and if anyone has any suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated

PJP2810
    Minecraft On! Minecraft Server Hosting Special Thanks to DrRedstoner for his help with getting the banner working.
    If you modify the minecraft directory settings in the config bit so its incorrect (Just type random letters into the box) is it still white?
    Bookmarked
    I'd buy that for a dollar!!!
    Quote from Stucuk »
    If you modify the minecraft directory settings in the config bit so its incorrect (Just type random letters into the box) is it still white?

I moved my whole .minecraft folder to a different location, I think that's what you meant (if not I am clearly retarded)

And on the preview:

The majority of the blocks are but I noticed a few green ones flying around. (May have had the few green ones b4 not sure)

Any other ideas?

EDIT (Extra info): The blocks (when I go on the block editor) are all correctly textured before and after moving the .minecraft folder, dunno if this info will help or not
    Also this is on the default textures though I do use >16x16 texture packs usually in game.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes