From the people who Brought you one of the greatest PVP servers of all time DarkTide, DarkTide Games now brings you a new experience, something a little different from before, but so much fun. Empyrean is a server that is based off an upcoming game that we're developing (of the same name) This game is set thousands of years before ours, and things that you do in the game, structures you build, wars you fights, epic deceptions you pull off, might just end up in a future game!
The Empyrean Experience...
For Over Two years now now, DarkTideGames primary focus has been providing a Balanced, Better, PVP Experience.(we're not saying Mojang is bad, but lets face it, they don't focus on it, WE do.) If you're not into PVP you won't like Empyrean, Because outside of the spawn city, anyone can kill you anyway, for any reason, including "Because they don't like your favorite flavor of icecream" - Hawtness 2011
(Mines Mint Chocolate Chip)
But Empyrean isn't all bad, we've learned over the years, that while a lot of people can be jerks, you also find some amazing things, when you give people the freedom to do NEARLY ANYTHING. And THAT is what Empyrean is about: Player Created, and Driven content. Form Alliances, Betray eachother, Kill each other, Set up shops, its all legal.
Empyrean features 4 factions that start with limited server generated structures, and the players and clans grow the naturally, developing them as they go.
Noteable Empyrean Features
- More Balanced PVP combat than Vanilla Minecraft.
- One of the most lag free servers that is up 24/7
- Plug-ins, both Common and Customized for better play
- No whitelist (Period, no need to register)
- PvP enabled and encouraged, limited griefing allowed
- A complete player driven economy with very little server intervention.
- Dungeons, PvP tournaments, and other fun events planned by the staff
- Form Settlements (Using Factions) and Clans
- Buy perks to assist in accomplishing your goals, including own your own protected land.
- No Hacking or Cheating. Either through logs or player provided proof to consider accusation.
- Minimal interference (staff interference), but measured and resolute discipline by professional staff
- Freedom to do as you wish to succeed (minus hacking and plugin perimeters)
- In all aspects, self-sufficiency
- Chat modding leans toward freedom of expression, except when it goes against harassment
Empyreal, the Spawn City (Neutral)
Log in to Minecraft - Click Multiplayer - Enter mc.darktidegames.com in the box - Click Connect
*Every donation help to pay for the server and upgrades.*
You can find a compelte Server Wiki Guide Here :
You can join our server's IRC channel Here (No Registration Required)
(or via your own IRC client at irc.us.gamesurge.net Channel #Darktide)
20 MB/s UNMETERED Dedicated (24/7 Guaranteed) Backbone Hosting
This server is optimized for Minecraft Hosting
1. Do Not Cheat
2. Do Not Spam
3. Respect Staff & Server
4. Do Not Harass Players
Not sure what these mean? Check out our expanded rules HERE
Fire Spread - Off
Lava and Water Buckets can only be used in region owned areas or below y-70.
TNT - Craft able placeable, and does block damage
WorldGuard - Regions with options.
Falsebook - Allows creation of bridges, gates, and Integrated circuits (perk).
DarkChat*NEW* - Chat plugin with channels and extra features
DarkCombat - Drop Items if you log / disconnect while in combat, counters exploits.
DarkSale*NEW* - Robust, modified, yet user friendly Sign Shop Plugin.
DarkPortals*NEW* - Stable and powerful mutliverse Plugin
DarkSneak*NEW* - Allows one to sneak in full speed (free now!).
Perks are special powers that give you more flexibility and options, in your Career on Empyrean Wars. Perks are not something that will give you a direct power increase over someone else on the field of battle. For a full guide on Perks Click HERE
The fastest way to understand what's what on our VERY custom Server See our Quickstart guide on our Wiki:
Disabled: Inside the gates of Empyreal City (Spawn settlement) and server purposed areas.
Enabled: Everywhere else.
If you can kill someone without using mods (mods that give you advantage over others), its a legit kill.
If you have to use a mod(mods that give you advantage over others) to kill someone, it's not legit.
Empyreal uses raw gold as Currency, as its the only thing that has 3 states:
81Gold Nuggets = 9 Gold Bars = 1 Gold Block
- Trading and selling with others. (You may trade and sell with other players in the trade channel or with DarkShop signs.)
- Selling to the Shops
- Raiding (Raiding chests, players, and trades.)
- Unofficial transaction activities (begging, loaning, work compensation, etc.)
- Sever Events!
The economy system will be based largely on the player bases' selling and buying activities. The official market shops will be adjusted from player's shopping activities from within the town. Player Shop outside town will act independently. Much like the real world. DarkShop (independent player markets) are a perk. While you will be able to buy and sell Portals (Donation Currency) from independent player markets, you will not be able to buy Portals from Empyreal-owned shops.
Planned events, Portals, and Multiverses
Don't like standing around and fighting all day?, we bring assorted events to liven up our citizens.
- Dungeons to be explored
- PvP Tournaments
- *NEW* Development of Special BATTLE ARENAS
- Spleef Tournaments
- Portal Tiles can be earned and skills can be learned.
- There will be Portals in the wild to be discovered that lead to other world destinations, special events, and to other Multiverses
Clans & Settlements
Empyreal uses a highly cutomized Factions Setup for its Factions
Arkna is rather poor looking in appearance, but that is because their island City-State, with the aid of their ships, have helped them spread and prosper quickly, their population has outpaced their wealth. They Worship the Water Goddess Arkna, who grants them a rich long life, and much fertility.
Valhath is the City of the God of fire, and are pattered after the Norse Vikings, they live hard lives, but live with a firey passion.
Each faction, Valhath and Arkna has a pre-built temple which is a 15x15x15 box. This is owned by the server and is a PVP free zone, it will also have a public bed and a chest. Each Temple will have a tribute sign, it will take items and place them into a chest
Once you login into the server you will have the choice to join one of these Faction's, this is a very important choice that you will make and will ultimately change the course of your gameplay. There is also the Holy City of Empyreal, which is a neutral city. This is were your adventure will begin and you'll also be able to come back here to trade items with fellow players, buy perks and if your a donator you'll be able to use DarkBox. This is a key area for players who want to go solo, as it will provide them with shelter and a place to store items.
Outside of spawn anyone can kill you, with the exception for your fellow faction members. Always watch your back because you never know who might be following you. We encourage people to raid each other, we use the cannon plugin. All you need to do is grab a few small components which are easy to find (Obsidian, Button, Stone, a torch and some gunpowder). And then you can start blasting away at your enemies! However we do have Creeper Heal which rolls back any physical damage after a few minutes. We do this to allow people to express there creativity on the server, rather than just having everyone make an Obsidian Vault.
Perks are additional in-game abilities.
Land Owner - Grants you a 25x25x51 protected piece of land where you can do anything including adding members/owners to its region.
YardSale (Grants the player 1 initial YardSale sign)
5 YardSale signs (Requires YardSale but grants the player 5 more YardSale signs.)
Name color change
Allows one to change his/her name color
Allows one to sneak around in full speed with their name hidden from other players, Given free to everyone, to promote fair combat.
Perks are bought with quantities of Portal Tile (Portal Tiles are the purple swirl entities that are shown inside operating nether portals). There will be no official connection between Portal Tiles and coin. People will be able to sell or buy them from independent markets, but not from Empyreal City.
Ways to earn or buy
Portal Tiles are:
- Donating to the Server through PayPal or mailed in donations
- Participating and Succeeding in special events
- Buying sold Portal Tiles from independent markets
Admin & Staff Rules
- No Hacking (xraying, speed/fly hacking, etc.)
- No abuse of chat causing issues with functionality.
- Staff cannot use abilities when not on duty.
- Staff cannot abuse power that cause problems with functionality on or off duty.
- Rules setup for practical, not subjective, modding.
- Rules apply to players as well as staff.
- Staff are held to higher standard.
- Unless doing ingame server maintenance, staff is not to use any admin powers.
- All staff will reside in a staff town and not within other settlements.
- To request staff help, a petition chat system has been setup to administer to your needs in game.
- Accusations of rule breaking are only considered with log and visual proof placed in a petition or in the hack thread.
Our "definition" of Hardcore is not "make it as hard as possible, and call it a day" -- Its a world where every action you do has a real consequence. Our Prior Servers have seen wars started over Stolen Dirt, or trampled Wheat... and THAT is what makes it so interesting.
- No one is coming to teleport you.
- No one is going to spawn anything for you.
- No one is going to say I'm sorry.
- Most times the players WILL punish your actions on their own.
- If you can do it without hacking, and working within the plugins, it's legal*.
*= except in few extreme cases at admin's discretion
On Behalf of All DarkTideGames Staff, and current players....
#2 Country and Age (this is for our statistics purposes)
- 20, America
#3 How did you hear about us?
- Minecraft Forums.
#4 Why do you want to Join DarkTide?
- I love PVP... I love to grief and of course raiding. Some PVP servers do allow those, but in the end you can't build something nice with the stuff you stole from people or else they will ruin it.
This server... I can work hard and obtain protection through effort and skill, I can already say I am enjoying this by reading the topic.
#1 In-Game Name: PachirisuxD
#2 Country and Age: USA; 16
#3 How did you hear about us?: MC.net
#4 Why do you want to Join DarkTide?: Because I used to play a server exactly like this one, but it was never upgraded.
#5 Did you read and understand the rules?: Indeed