This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

ShardGaming.com – [30% Off][E3v3][SSDs][McMyAdmin][1-Click Plugins][From £5/GB][VPS][Dedicated][7 Day Money Back][30000+ Served]

Quote from marky7890

We are getting "java.io.IOException: No space left on device" errors. Does each server have a limted amount of disk space, or maybe the node has run out? We are on node 46.105.116.114.

Hello Marky, Disk space is unlimited within reasonable usage; however sometimes we experience this problem if a disk becomes full very quickly for one reason or another. There was an issue with one node yesterday which we rectified. If you are still having problems, please submit a ticket on this matter. Just a note for all users, sending a ticket is the only way we can provide support, we are not allowed to provide it here due to forum rules

Quote from BlackChaosG3F

I would like to inquire on something as I'm planning on purchasing a server. I've looked at the packages offered for the US Servers. Is it possible to have a dedicated IP for some of the smaller packages? I don't have money for the larger packages which say Dedicated IP - Optional, but I really would like to have a Dedicated IP.
    Is this possible?

We can only offer dedicated IPs on 3gb packages or higher, we can consider dedicated IPs on 2gb, but please create a ticket on this matter.

Quote from Hamtier

i have a question regarding trial server.
    lets say,i have trial server at you guys and wanna upgrade to a payed version of it,
    is it possible to transfer the content(like maps and configurations) to the payed server or what wil happen with it?

We can do this, just notify us ahead of time when requesting the trial, or before the trial expires

Quote from xXTheSlyKidXx

If Anyone Has a Promo code Please Could You Tell Me It I Know The Price Is Good But Money Is A Bit Tight Around Here Thanks

We have a starsandstripes promo code for US servers

Quote from mackana

I've been using daddycheese server hosting for about a week and a half, and it's been going fine playing with 4 / 5 friends on a 1-12 slot server up until now.

However some 3 days ago the server began crashing for no appearant reason. It's possible for one person to play for a while, then it crashes. However, if you log on with more than one person the server crashes instantly.

I made a petition to their support as soon as the problems began and got a reply after no more than a few hours. The answer contained questions regarding the problem, and I gave them all the information I could. I got another mail later on, with more questions.

Since then however I haven't gotten any more replies from them, I've even tried mailing more than once asking if they know what the problem is, or if they're working on it. I still won't get any replies, and it's now been more than 2 days since I last heard anything.

I guess I shouldn't expect too much considering their cheap prices, but some information shouldn't be too much to ask for, seeing as how we ARE paying them for their services.

Hello, mackana, this is completely wrong! You should expect too much, our prices should not be an indication of our support. I have personally checked the ticket queue and not seen any open tickets that are 2 days due. Sometimes its possible that users click 'closed' on their ticket when making a reply which removes it from our active queue. Please PM me your query/ticket ID and I will chase this up

Quote from Ziore

Submited a ticket in the webpage,
    Will create a feedback post soon!
    Thanks Daddycheese :3

Nothing to see here!
    Daddy, ignore:
    Ticket #697475
    Problem resolved.

Super

Quote from Dominhiho

Bought my server today. 24 slot 1gig dedicated ram.
    I just wanted to put up a little feedback as I really think DaddyCheese is possibly the best MC server host I have come across yet.

I have previously owned 2 MC servers from 2 different hosts and both had a 12 slot limit and little ram (250mb).
    The first host cost me about £14 a month which I thought was quite a good deal considering a lot of other hosts were charging a whole lot more for the same amount of slots + RAM. I was not satisfied with the speed of the server, the latency was very high pretty much all the time. Occasionally I had to manually restart the server as it sometimes crashed and the customer support was dire.

I left that host and moved on to another who were offering the same slots and RAM for only £10. I thought it was a fantastic deal and I took it. Unfortunately, the only data center available was in Dallas, meaning the latency was ALWAYS quite high. But, the service was a whole lot better than the last host. Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem with the lag.

Only recently have I wanted to get another server with all the recent updates coming out and this time I actually searched around a lot more and found DaddyCheese. I had my eyes on the £9.98 24 slot server for a while but I always thought the price was too good to be true, so I checked out a some reviews and feedback and finally decided to buy it.

Currently, I am INCREDIBLY pleased with the server I have. The latency is fantastic, it's almost like having the singleplayer speed but in multiplayer. Changing server configs, adding files, and installing bukkit has been quick and easy. The players I invited to test the server reported no lag and the server setup time took no time whatsoever.

TLDR
    If you want a fantastic server on a budget, go with DaddyCheese

Thanks!

I am a representative of Shard Gaming
    Happy Birthday to Marc from DaddyCheese!
    I'd like to test out a trial server please :smile.gif:
    Planning to buy a 1gb/2gb one, depending on the latency though.
    Hey, sorry for being a bit at impatient but I requested (On the website) for a trial today at mid day (so about now) I sent the tticket at 8:10am yesterday.
    Is it possible to set up the trial now? Thanks.
    Last edited by Simowl: 10/21/2011 6:21:09 AM
    What I attempted to make failed. I'll put a siggy bar here or something.

We have a starsandstripes promo code for US servers

Thanks!

Do You Have one for any British servers
    Please Check Out My Youtube Channel ----> http://www.youtube.com/user/JustLeagueGamers?feature=mhee
    why cant i order a eu server?
    when i go to the page for it,all i see is a bar and nothing else ;S.
    no numbers,no information,no order button no nothing..
    Last edited by Hamtier: 10/21/2011 1:12:07 PM
    Is the trial still going? Becuz I would love to try it for a day or something.
    Quote from RoyalServers

Happy Birthday to Marc from DaddyCheese!

Thanks!

Quote from Bichara

I'd like to test out a trial server please :smile.gif:
    Planning to buy a 1gb/2gb one, depending on the latency though.

Please create a ticket here for a server to be setup for you: http://www.daddycheese.com/contact.php

Quote from Simowl

Hey, sorry for being a bit at impatient but I requested (On the website) for a trial today at mid day (so about now) I sent the tticket at 8:10am yesterday.
    Is it possible to set up the trial now? Thanks.

Hello Simowl, its hard for us to schedule a start for a trial straight away. Your trial was setup albeit late. If you need an extension to the trial simply open a ticket here: http://www.daddycheese.com/contact.php

Quote from Hamtier

why cant i order a eu server?
    when i go to the page for it,all i see is a bar and nothing else ;S.
    no numbers,no information,no order button no nothing..

This is rectified, we took them offline for a period of time as we wanted to test some new features

Quote from noobforsoup

Is the trial still going? Becuz I would love to try it for a day or something.

Of course, please visit: http://www.daddycheese.com/contact.php to request one!

There are issues with the Mojang Authentication servers, preventing people from connecting to their servers. This is a global issue affecting all minecraft players. Please see here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/731594-stuck-at-logging-in-reason-minecraftnet-auth-server-down-the-one-topic/

There are issues with the Mojang Authentication servers, preventing people from connecting to their servers. This is a global issue affecting all minecraft players. Please see here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/731594-stuck-at-logging-in-reason-minecraftnet-auth-server-down-the-one-topic/

Is it just me or does DaddyChese.com (Same as the control panel, too) seem to be offline? I can't reach any of those, while other sites work fine.
    My FTP connection to the server works, though. But the server itself is down.
    Last edited by krtshv: 10/22/2011 9:19:05 AM
    "God put two white people in the jungle without sunscreen. And they [had intercourse] and now we got people. We got Black people, Arab people, Oriental people and with the amount of inbreeding, very few retards. It seems so plausible!"
    I would like to try a 24 hour trial because I like to know if stuff works before I get it
    Quote from krtshv

Is it just me or does DaddyChese.com (Same as the control panel, too) seem to be offline? I can't reach any of those, while other sites work fine.
    My FTP connection to the server works, though. But the server itself is down.

Should be no issues, what about with a ping to daddycheese.com

Quote from Brock_Cat

I would like to try a 24 hour trial because I like to know if stuff works before I get it

Sure just visit: http://www.daddycheese.com/contact.php and open a ticket

I bought a daddycheese.com server 1 mounth ago and I really love it! It works great, and I never got lag even not with some bug bukkit plugins :biggrin.gif:
    Quote from timvisee

I bought a daddycheese.com server 1 mounth ago and I really love it! It works great, and I never got lag even not with some bug bukkit plugins :biggrin.gif:

Thanks Tim!

Currently there is a global issue with Mojangs Minecraft Authentication servers which is preventing users from logging into their servers. There is really not a great deal we can do about this particular issue. Please see this link here for other users with the same problems: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/10-support/

Regards

DaddyCheese

Well I am trying to purchase the 6 GB 3 months and using the starsandstripes coupon but still the price is $271.81USD??? Uh I do not have that money atm but with the coupon I can well afford it if it worked ;(
    Quote from kahlilnc

Well I am trying to purchase the 6 GB 3 months and using the starsandstripes coupon but still the price is $271.81USD??? Uh I do not have that money atm but with the coupon I can well afford it if it worked ;(

Hello Kahlil,

This promotion is for the first month only on monthly plans. We have instead messaged you with an alternate promotion

Regards

DaddyCheese

When will you update the multicraft panel to version b1.4.0?
    Last edited by Miloy: 10/24/2011 2:36:09 AM
    Quote from Miloy

When will you update the multicraft panel to version b1.4.0?

This work is planned for Tuesday. We have over 30 nodes, so this is something that needs to be planned for

Regards

DaddyCheese

Both US and EU Control panels have been upgraded with a number of new features:

One Click Plugin Installation

There is a new option when running the latest Craftbukkit update for one click plugin installation. Currently we do not have any plugins available; however over the next week we will be adding popular plugins that you can install/remove with one click. Once we have added the plugins if you feel any are missing, please let us know and we’ll try to add them to the list!

Resource Usage Information

At last you can monitor within the control panel how much CPU/RAM your server is using. This can help you diagnose any problems quickly and also see if your server is due an upgrade!

Server Status Banners

There is now a link to server status banner for your server on your main server page. This image can be included in websites or forum posts to let users know if the server address, is it up? and how many players are currently on the server

Backup and now RESTORE!

You are now able to easily restore from backups created by the control panel backup feature. Remember this is a good way to guard yourself against griefing and chunk errors, you can even set your server to backup automatically using a scheduled task!

Bukkit Permissions Generator

When Bukkit permissions in installed with the name permissions.jar a new option will appear in the config files section of the control panel allowing you to setup Bukkit permissions using a web based interface. Please note this is only for Bukkit permissions (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permbukkit/) and is only enabled when renamed to permissions.jar

Disable auto save ** Expert users

We can now easily disable auto saving for your server. This might be particular useful for servers that have extremely large worlds that cause the server to lag when saved. With Autosaving disabled you may use an autosave plugin to schedule your own less frequent world saves.

Server Jar File Modification ** Expert Users

This allows users to upload their own server jar to make use of server mods or alternate CB builds. Please note this is for expert users only and we can only supply limited support on this feature. We may suspend this functionality on your server if it is deemed that a mod is using its fair share of server resources. If you would like this enabled, please contact support.

A ton of bug fixes, speed improvements, security enhancements and magic

This makes me want to make a server so badly, even though I have no reason to make one. LOL
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes