The Goodwill thread- Free gift games!

HEY! LISTEN!
    PLEASE read the entirety of this post before you use this thread!

UPDATE: 9/9: Due to an incredible amount of insane begging, I'm changing the rules..

Note: For those of you who want a nondescript boredom killer,save some effort and check here first, there's 3500-some freeware titles here for the taking.
    http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=244468

1. By using this thread, you are under no obligation whatsoever to give or take any games. If you take a game, don't feel pressured to give anything back, and if you give a game, don't expect a pile of codes in return. That said....

2. Use in moderation. It's really unfair if one person hogs all the goodies!

3. No Ninjaing. If you take something, let us know you grabbed it.

4. No begging for games/codes.Period. .

5. NO TRADING OR SELLING. This is done out of sheer goodwill.

6. No stolen items are allowed. Don't offer anything stolen, exploited, or otherwise questionable.

7. Be responsible. Don't take something you won't play.

8. No distributing or linking to ANYTHING that's pirated or otherwise legally questionable.

Note to minors: If you get in trouble for getting some M- rated gorefest, you are the sole responsible party. Do not attempt to blame me or the giftee that gave the game to you.

Got all that? Great! Let's move on to some games!!!!
    Last edited by thatnerdguy: 9/9/2012 3:52:13 PM
    >This sig is too mind-blowing for your brain to comprehend
    woah, im making an account but i probably wont take these. id feel guilty
    STOP SENDING ME PMs ABOUT THE TERRARIA GIFT CODE.
    If you had read the thread, you'd see that it was claimed MONTHS AGO.

I have an extra Terraria gift code on Steam, which I'm willing to give to someone who really wants the game. (I'd rather not share it unless we're 100% sure you'll enjoy it, just 'cause I want it to be appreciated.)

If my good Karma was to reward me, I'd hope it'd be in the form of Psychonauts on Steam. (It's only $5 right now, Karma! I don't even have that much money, Karma...)
    Why are you giving away bundles which were offered on a "pay what you want" basis in the first place? I'm guessing you bought multiple copies for $0.01 or some similarly tiny amount, which is actually a bit of a **** move since you most likely cost them money due to Paypal / transaction fees.

I just wish people would stop exploiting these bundles and embrace the spitrit of it - pay what you feel is worthwhile for the games, don't 'milk' it by paying the minimum amount and trading/gifting them to strangers.
    Quote from Phoinex567
    Hm I Want To Make A Endless age like minecraft But I Want it to be diffrent I'm thinking And I know It's gonna Have Something from like A diffrent game But Kinda Has Like Other Stuff Completely Diffrent I Got To think.
    Quote from Gringo_Starr

Why are you giving away bundles which were offered on a "pay what you want" basis in the first place? I'm guessing you bought multiple copies for $0.01 or some similarly tiny amount, which is actually a bit of a **** move since you most likely cost them money due to Paypal / transaction fees.

I just wish people would stop exploiting these bundles and embrace the spitrit of it - pay what you feel is worthwhile for the games, don't 'milk' it by paying the minimum amount and trading/gifting them to strangers.

You can't get the whole bundle unless you pay at least the average donation amount (which is usually around five or six dollars).
    Quote from Krova

You can't get the whole bundle unless you pay at least the average donation amount (which is usually around five or six dollars).

I actually donated $10 for every bundle I got- I just only took the Steam keys. I don't really like Desura that much and I didn't need 3 versions of a game. This makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Quote from Gringo_Starr

Look, let's assume I really did pay a penny each. Would you rather I sold these keys at an upcharge?

Thought so.
    Last edited by thatnerdguy: 3/10/2012 9:01:18 PM
    actually, on second thought, i could do with some free games. i don't have a card and i have to have all my games store-bought.
    how do i activate the desura code? do i have to download the software?
    which codes do i not have to download software for?

(if it is the royals bundle, i am very trustworthy and im making a game so im not just another user.)
    PPS (i might even give you exclusive access to it)
    Quote from whatsamagiga

actually, on second thought, i could do with some free games. i don't have a card and i have to have all my games store-bought.
    how do i activate the desura code? do i have to download the software?
    which codes do i not have to download software for?

(if it is the royals bundle, i am very trustworthy and im making a game so im not just another user.)
    PPS (i might even give you exclusive access to it)

Alright, ill send you one. Desura iss client software, so there is a download at http://www.desura.com/

EDIT: So I forgot I had a Super Monday Night Combat beta invite on Steam. If you want it, add me. http://steamcommunit...561198001759232
    Last edited by thatnerdguy: 3/10/2012 9:07:28 PM
    hmm i hate downloads

4.00 / 33.00mb

edit: oooh thank you adding now
    Last edited by whatsamagiga: 3/10/2012 9:23:32 PM
    okay im either inglorious glitcher or whatsamagiga depending on which name it shows.
    I'm following this topic, not to get any games (since my laptop sucks) unless it was..you know a 2D game, but wait I already have all of the ones I need (Terraria, F2P MMOs, F2P IPod Games, etc.)...Anyways, I'm following this topic to hopefully give to some people who deserve it, and since I have no money right now, I'm going to have to wait....

But, if possible, I will probably add some Beta Invites (Since again, my laptop is a piece of crud..but if anyone is willing to ship a good computer to me...I wouldn't deny it...just saying)

List of "If I see this key, I'm going to laugh":
    - Minecraft Code
    - Skyrim Code
    Still got a free copy of Terraria if anyone wants it.
    i would but it dont want to be greedy and im meant to be getting SMNC beta
    Quote from Krova

I know a friend I could give that to

I know a friend I could give that to

It can't be gifted twice; it has to go straight from me to the recipient.
    Quote from Nathanos

List of "If I see this key, I'm going to laugh":
    - Minecraft Code
    - Skyrim Code

Might want to add just about every Valve game ever to that list. (Well, except HL2)
    Quote from Krova

i could use that code if you still have it.
    (if you want to give it)
    Last edited by avenfisher: 3/13/2012 8:20:11 AM
    I would like Terraria! If you have it that is.
    I have been wanting it for a long time but never had enough money saved!
    When I did have money, then it was spent on essentials!
    So if you still have the copy, I would like to get it plz!

Thank u!
    Don't click here! -------------------> http://adf.ly/9Tphu
    Quote from Krova

I have an extra Terraria gift code on Steam, which I'm willing to give to someone who really wants the game. (I'd rather not share it unless we're 100% sure you'll enjoy it, just 'cause I want it to be appreciated.)

If my good Karma was to reward me, I'd hope it'd be in the form of Psychonauts on Steam. (It's only $5 right now, Karma! I don't even have that much money, Karma...)

i would love that, but i'd feel guilty not being able to gift you anything back. You should give it to a friend or something.

This thread has restored some of my faith in humanity. It's nice to see how generous some people are on this community.
    I've had a few people ask about the Terraria gift code but no one has come through yet, so we'll change things up a bit.

My steam name is [removed] (but my display name in chat is [removed], so I'm honestly not sure which one you're supposed to search for when adding friends). If you add me as a friend and message me asking for Terraria, I will give it to you. First-come, first-serve.

REDEEMED!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes