So...... what should be our first topic of discussion?
I'm guesssing it's time for a [/spoiler] bananza huh?
My thoughts on the new episodes
[spoiler]FIrst off I got to say, the sing song/music to show time raito was just absolutely perfect! There where not great numbers of songs, and I liked this greatly. For me the songs get annoying after awhile; Having one song in a episode is ok, but having +2 its a bit over welming. Plus, not the song type person.
Second: You have to know something, I didn't really get all into the hype, I think that is one my specialities; I can just burrow my emotions deep down inside of me, to darkest corner of my brain where it never has any hope of seeing the light of day. That being said, I kinda watch it on a clean slate: no hype, no expections, I just watched it.
Score: fairly decent
The plot started out good, they where on to something. Half way through, I think the writers forgot what they where doing, dozed off a bit, woke up and relized their time limit. So I pretty sure they left out a lot of coolness they where hoping to add, and just try to end it as best as possible.
I'm glad the plot was decent, because they left out A SHMIT TON of humor. Yea there where some "heh" parts, but no " AHAHAHAHAHAH" parts. It was lackign humor wise and the plot barely made up for it.
Humor score: I've seen funnier
The bad guy: I felt his power, I really did. He could of been a great enemy, and a evil one at that. Ultimately (do the forum no longer have the "I'MA UNDERLINE THIS WORD, BECAUSE IT'S WRONG" thing?) his motive was lacking a bit. I was waiting of a catch, as to why he wanted to rule over the crystal ponies and not because he just wanted to; there had to be some sort of back story. To bad, there wasn't: no "my father was killed by them" or "my life was ruined by them" it was just "I want to rule over these losers (not bad mouthing them)." If he wanted power, why not try to take over, oh i dunno, ALL OF EQUESTRIA? He could of been better, add more story to him, add more power
Bad guy score: The others, HELL even trixie was better. I guess the bad part about this bad guy is it left no room for people to think up of a backstory. with Discord, people where like "discord use to love celestia, but she didn't love him back, so he tured evil, blah blah" and stuff like that. THis is not the case with Sumbra (that's his name right?) and it wouldn't even matter all that much anyways.
Some big huge, extreme, MOTHER FUKING (sorry for language; EDIT: YOU CAN'T EDIT MY CURSING OUT) foreshadowing. I GET IT FIRST 2 EPISODES, TWILIGHT IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING THAT IS GREATLY LIFE CHANGING AND BE AN ALMIGHTY POWER. I get it. I am interested to see what the writers have plan, and hopefully it will be at the uttermost awesome in the whole universe compared to this episode.
OVer all: meh, episode, was ok could of been better. Also, I don't think it is the best episode to start with if you are new to the fandom. IT didn't really touch up on all the characters as much as I wanted it too.
SOME TALKING POINTS
They said Sumbra, ruled 1000 year ago. If I remeber right, Discord ruled 1000 year ago. Do you think by any chance they knew each other? Could they have been woking together in effort to take over Equestria? Did they dislike each other? It would make an interesting topic if Sumbra was a bit more well made.
Also, every bad guy seemed to have took place/started out 1000 year ago; WHAT exactly happened 1000 years ago that made evil spread across the land? what happened to the Alicorns? Who is responsible for all that evil? IS there some kind of supreme disastrous evil master mind behind all this?
Twilight's Gravity spell: SCIENCE, WHERE U IZ AT.
I do belive that is it, glad I came in before people start typing walls of text: which is another thing, where is everyone?
- First of all, OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!!!
- What, no new opening?
- Panicking Twilight this early in the episode?
- Spike apparently doesn't have any bones.
- ...Aaaaaaaaaaand Twilight exploded.
- Yay, moar history... and the new villain which I don't really care about.
- Serious Woona is serious.
- And now cue one of the previously leaked songs!
- I swear I still can't get over Spike's singing voice...
- (off-topic) WHY ISN'T THERE A MLP:FiM GAME FOR ANY OF NINTENDO'S SYSTEMS YET?!?! They had a previous generation as a game for the DS... (and GBA, I think)
- A non-pony-pulled train... or did they show that already in the previous seasons?
- Ohai Shining.
- Rarity, contain yourself >.>
- Ohai Cadance as well as her and Twily's little dance.
- Rarity... CALM DOWN! DX
- *facehoof* Twilight... You and tests...
- Rainbow Dash, calm down when interrogating >_>
- Fluttershy, y u so adorable when interrogating.
- Pinkie spyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
- Rarity... Of course you'd try to look like the crystal ponies *facehoof again*
- Twilight freaks out over a library. Nothing new. *epic facehoof*
- Cute sound effect, yey~
- And now for the other leaked song.
- (off-topic) When's RD and AJ gonna get their own songs? >_>
- Pinkie, leave horn blowing to somepony else
- Rainbow... You need to work on your social skills >_>
- And now to part 2!
Rating: 5/10. All I can say is, I hope part 2 will blow my mind, because this episode/part was just... meh.
- I feel so bad for Cadance...
- Awkward lying Rarity, lol.
- Rainbow acts like a guard dog. Wat.
- I swear, I think they're using a bit of 3D now *points to AJ guarding the crystal heart*.
- Twilight clo--clapping. How cute~
- A plot twist with Celestia... or IS it...
- Spazzing Spike is spazzing.
- Aww, Twilight and Spike <3
- Wait, how are RD and FS holding lances?
- ...Never mind, they were being held up on the side.
- Twilight sure is having fun sliding upside-down.
- (off-topic) CHIBI PONIES!!! /commercial (I'm a sucker for chibis, by the way.)
- I'm surprised AJ didn't make that one face when she lied.
- Daaaaaaaaaaang... I didn't think Shining would throw his wife, but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.
- Boooooooooooooo... Anti-climatic defeat FTL...
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaand cue the first song again, though it continues.
- Wait, what was that book Luna pulled out?
Rating: 5/10. That... seriously was a disappointment. It kinda reminded me of the first two seasons' premieres. I'll admit I got overhyped just to be disappointed, but I don't really care. They still have 11 episodes to go, and the premieres aren't all that great to begin with anyway.
Anyway, (off-topic) DID PINKIE GO G3 IN A COMMERCIAL?!?!
Wait, DID I SEE THE MLP:FiM LOGO?!?! Anyway, I'm not gonna go too much into detail this time. So far, it just seems like a typical girl teen cartoon... till it gets to the talking pets. (I still think Tara should've been the dog due to similar character design, but whatever. I bet they'll do an MLP:FiM parody in a later episode, though. Right... ) So the animals don't want Littlest Pet Shop to close, so they try to get Blythe to help them.
Next episode/part, still looks like a typical teen cartoon, still following the "saving LPS" theme. (Just a feeling, but I'm guessing each/most of the episode(s) will focus on trying to save the shop.) The show seems to use a lot of upbeat music, so I guess that's a plus. The animals seem to be anthro in nature to all humans (not just Blythe). Anyway, not sure if I'll be sticking around for this series. Not saying I hate it, though.
On a final note: Gak. That is all. (I blame the commercials while watching the livestream.)
I was just on TV and I saw a commercial with something weird.
WARNING : GENERATION 3 :
Here's the scene :
PP : Bet you can't make a funnier face then THIS!
R and FS : Uh...
I'm a bit scared.
Do we have to spoiler Season 3 stuff still?
Yeah, you have to spoiler new episodes for three days.
And I saw that commercial during LPS too. It definitely caught my attention.
Short version: It's not nearly as good as MLP, but it's not gen 3.5 either.
Longer version: The animation's nice enough, the irises really stick out. Blythe is just Mary Sue. Doesn't have flaws. The other 'mean' girls are just evil for pretty much no reason. And oh gawd, the texting language. Not just omg and lol either. That was quite annoying. Russel (The hedgehog) is pretty much Twilight. The monkey (Can't remember names.) is definitely Pinkie. Zoey (The Twilight dog) is Rarity. You can recognize the VA's fairly easily. The music is good. Like Blaze said, really upbeat. Overall, it just feels too much like it's trying to copy MLP. The preview for next week's episode looked like another fashion themed episode. And these two episodes were solved by fashion, so yeah. I probably won't follow this. It's not too bad, it's just meh.
I'll be honest: waking up this early for a livestream wasn't worth it considering how low I rated both the S3 premiere and LPS premiere. If MLP S4 ever comes out, I'll just wait for a YT release since all the premieres seem to be generally meh (yes, even S1 despite the show introducing the cast).
Btw BJ, I just love how your video's getting so many likes before it gets finished processing XD
That's what was bothering me, they have SHADOWS on their faces now. They didn't have those before.
Edit: My thoughts on the Premiere:
First off, I liked it, but I'm noticing more human-like actions like when they were searching for books, I'm okay if they're flying or if it's Pinkie Pie, but with unicorns, that's just illogical.
I thought the plot was weird though, it had unnecessary things put in just to make it fit the time slot. I also don't know why Twilight still thinks that Princess Celestia hates her and wants to make her fail for every little thing she does wrong, doesn't make sense to me, must just be a plot device.