Books

I need a Good Book to read, any suggestions.
    I recommend Hunger Games, all three of them :)

You just wasted 5 seconds of your life reading this message, you will now think about something you could have done for these 5 seconds instead of reading this useless message that now made you waste 10 seconds of your life.
    Read the Da Vinci Code trilogy. Also, Metro 2033 is an amazing book.
    iTz_Hammeh wuz here
    game of thrones is good.

any books on bigfoot
    Hunger Games is fantastic, try the Darren Shan series, there are amazing. Especially "The Vampire Assistant", and "The Saga of Darren Shan", I think they're called. ^_^
    Try Ender Games series.
    In a world where only happiness exists, we would know no happiness, as there would be no sadness to compare it to.
    A Song of Ice and Fire is a perfect book series, however, it is never to be read by the weak of heart.
    The Host is a great book, and NO it's not bad just because Stephenie Meyer wrote it. It is totally different from the Twilight series.
    If you're a good reader, and can handle a lot of adult themes, then I'd also recommend the Song of Ice and Fire series. The first book is called A Game of Thrones (there are five of them currently).
    Skulduggery Pleasant - An entire series. Comedic, a bit dark, bloody, action, Fantasy and romance all rolled into one big, smokeable lump.

The Wardstone Chronicles (for Americans, its The Last Apprentice) - Dark, Action and Horror.
    Join the RPGuild. Be a lad. Do it for me and for your western freedoms. Lub u all.
    The Stand (I would recommend the unabridged version being a fan and it being the first book of King's that I read).

And when you're finished there: the Dark Tower. You could follow this up then with Hitchhikers Guide. Maybe follow it up and be classy with Bram Stoker's Dracula.
    Im a little unsure what to sugest as I dont know what genre you prefer. However, the 'Gone' books by Michael Grant are great books. At least in my eyes.
    Idioticy isn't something negative. It makes every new day a whole new adventure! If you're an idiot, feel lucky! I love the internet because then I can sit and envy those idiots enjoying their everyday adventures!
    The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks
    The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan
    Chronicles of Nick Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    The Demonata By Darren Shan
    Last edited by LizTheFallen: 11/24/2012 1:40:47 PM
    "I kept my word and you hate me for it now."
    the lord of the ring by J.R.R Tolkien
    the demonata by Darren Shan
    percy jackson by Rick Riordan
    ink heart by Cornelia Funke
    legend of earth sea by Ursula K. Le Guin
    riftwar saga by Raymond E. Feist
    if you can read chinese then every single book by Han Han
    I'm a creeper in a creeper hoodie hugging another creeper in a creeper hoodie.
    Ummmm....
    I hardly do books. I used to read a fair bit, but these are the most recent ones that I can recall touching

Lindsey Davis: the Falco series
    David Gemmell: most of the Drenai and Rigante series
    George R R Martin: his Game of Thrones series
    Nietzsche: Also sprach Zarathustra

Honourable mentions: William Shakespeare, Nizar Qabbani, Martin Heidegger, JRR Tolkien, JJ Rousseau, Mario Puzo, Umberto Eco, GWF Hegel, .... damn, this list is too long!
    Fui in Malaysiam natus, sed civis mundi sum et fillius terrae stabo.
    wait
    you have to read
    The Kite runner
    Brave New World
    The Good Earth
    Their eyes were watching God (was okay)
    The Alchemist
    Ender's game
    Ender's shadow

and then you can read other books
    but you must read those
    Last edited by Piemancer: 11/27/2012 12:10:52 AM
    I recommend The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.
    The Hobbit. Read again if you already have, and read it in time for the movie.
    That, or The Maze Runner is an OK book series.
    Anna Karenina is probably one of the best books I've ever read, and I've read quite a lot of books
    Every Christmas, I make sure I unwrap the Maggarg that I have in the fridge and cook it. He's so delecious and edible, if not a bit spicy. I can just feel the gastric juices digesting him in my belly as we speak. Mm, mm, mm, delicious.

- Animator (P.S. I'm leaving the quote, it's too good to erase.)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes