So, for those of us who still like vanilla and semi vanilla servers, what things do you think make for a good server. What things don't you like?
I'll start with a few quick thoughts:
1. An active, friendly community.
2. Claim protection is a MUST. Without it, you're just inviting griefers.
3. Reasonable voting rewards. (e.g. 1 diamond or emerald per day)
4. The ability to earn claim blocks and/or sethomes based on hours of game play.
1. Servers that give you too much too soon. IMO, it just kills the challenge.
2. Servers that intentionally (or unintentionally) limit hostile mobs. Again, this reduces the challenge.
3. Servers that give new players starting equipment.
4. Servers set on "easy".
5. Servers with just a few people. I understand that new servers need some time to get regular players, but if they've been around a while and have 3 active players...I might as well play a solo game.
What do you like/dislike?
Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.