Red flower = Top View
Yellow flower = Side View
Ladders = Signs
- Make a 9x9 square around the monster spawner, 3 blocks high for mobs to spawn
- dig 1 block down under the spawner in the 9x9 square
- add water to 2 of the corners
- (Water only travels 8 blocks) therefor dig 1 block under each block that the water stops on, this should then fill the rest of the room with water, as well as pushing anything in the water to 1 spot.
- the spot the water pushes mobs too; dig 4 blocks in, 2/3 blocks high
- Now to make the water ladder you'll need roughly 13 signs, a couple of buckets + access to a water source
- place the signs and water as shown in the plans. the signs will stop the water from flowing.
- at the top of the tower dig 5 blocks in any direction APART FROM THE DIRECTION THE MONSTER SPAWNER IS.
-On the 4th block dig down 1 block and then across 1 more block making a 2x3 rectangle
-on the 5th block tunnel down 22 blocks, this will ensure the mobs will drop taking enough fall damage to leave them with 1 heart of health (dig down further if you want them to die, making the mob spawner automatic)
- once you hit your desired depth of the tunnel dig a further 5 blocks to the side making a 5x2 space and place a block where shown; this will stop the mobs from being able to follow you into "Safe Zone"
- Wait for the zombies to spawn and fall down the tunnel and either punch them or if the drop is far enough run in and collect the items they drop
I take no credit for this mob spawner, only sharing how to create it. No copyright intended
i made this from kalmier lets play its awesome.....getting about 250 items an hour
its 16 6x6 pads....mobivator brings them up to surface....then i drown them....lol
ill post pictures of mine if wanted
below is tutorial series
@ SuperCarl.... holy crap lol, I thought my tower spawner took forever to build. It's just a 21x21x5 in the sky gravity trap... your trap is just a thing of beauty. I may have to give that a go and see if I can't figure it out.