[.APK]Minecraft PE Texture Packs[HALTED]

Quote from Dianor

Meh Gusta!

Thank you!
    I still need to add more texture packs and add the code for online.
    Quote from Caleb

Thank you!
    I still need to add more texture packs and add the code for online.

What if we converted our favorite texture packs to Pocket Edition and ask for permission to use it instead of nagging the creator to convert it themselves? How would I even go about converting an already existing texture pack for Pocket Edition?
    What if you could add some sort of market? That would allow people to upload texture packs and download them themself.
    Quote from eatmybiglazer

What if we converted our favorite texture packs to Pocket Edition and ask for permission to use it instead of nagging the creator to convert it themselves? How would I even go about converting an already existing texture pack for Pocket Edition?

Get the creator's permission to convert it and then I'll add it.

Quote from mdijkhuizen

What if you could add some sort of market? That would allow people to upload texture packs and download them themself.

Once more official texture packs come out I'll add a system based off of an online xml that will load texture packs from my website. You select it, it'll download, once downloaded you can apply it. The default one will be "built in" in a sorts - it'll just be backed up on firstrun.
    oooh, finally its "almost" done
    worked perfectly on my droid incredible
    only problem, you cant back button close it.
    now to get more texture packs in this thing :biggrin.gif:
    Quote from Oswarlan

oooh, finally its "almost" done
    worked perfectly on my droid incredible
    only problem, you cant back button close it.
    now to get more texture packs in this thing :biggrin.gif:

More texture packs will come when new texture packs come out.

Like, the second a texture pack comes out, I'm going to add it and then start working on the new code for online grabbing(which will require a near total rewrite of most of the code).

Either way, I'm still trying to get the source to work on my laptop properly. I keep getting errors.
    I would like to see that it will also work if you have the app on the Ext partition on my SD card. Cyaogenmod automaticly sets it to there, and if I place it on internal memory it must be installed again after a reboot :l
    Works a treat on my Sony Xperia Play R800i. Force closed once or twice, however, this is expected from a beta app. Great work :smile.gif:
    "Intelligence is worthless without the creativity to use it wisely" - Me
    I would like to thank caleb for entering me into the rooting world :biggrin.gif:
    Quote from mdijkhuizen

I would like to thank caleb for entering me into the rooting world :biggrin.gif:

Haha no problem.

I just can't wait till I get some time to work on it.

I'm 15 but I'm going to college. lol

Not real college - it's something called "College for a weekend" and I get to go to college. Tomorrow is the trip, Friday I go to real classes, Saturday I do other college things, and Sunday is the trip back.
    Excellent job. Another + for you, chap.
    Why do we need a signature? That's too mainstream.
    Quote from RainbowKush69

Do you need a jailbreaked device or something?

jailbreak is iphone you need 1) android 2) minecraft PE and 3) rooted access
    Once I get back from college(sounds funny putting it that way) I'll work on the next update.

I'll probably release the update as a beta to some people, until I perfect it.

In case you need refreshed, planned in the next update:
    • At least 1 new texture pack(if I can't get anyone to make one I'll end up making it myself)
    • System based online instead of builtin - to reduce the size of the APK(currently at 5+MB, doing this would trim it to ~1MB).
    • Online/offline detection(if online, read from online XML and download it if it is updated; if offline, read from offline XML)
    • Backup of original APK just in case.
    • Checking to see if it is installed on SDcard or internal memory
    • Possible support for SDCard installs.
    Quote from Caleb

Once I get back from college(sounds funny putting it that way) I'll work on the next update.

I'll probably release the update as a beta to some people, until I perfect it.

In case you need refreshed, planned in the next update:
    • At least 1 new texture pack(if I can't get anyone to make one I'll end up making it myself)
    • System based online instead of builtin - to reduce the size of the APK(currently at 5+MB, doing this would trim it to ~1MB).
    • Online/offline detection(if online, read from online XML and download it if it is updated; if offline, read from offline XML)
    • Backup of original APK just in case.
    • Checking to see if it is installed on SDcard or internal memory
    • Possible support for SDCard installs.

Sounds like an awesome update! Just wanted to say the updated version has been working great on my tablet and I look forward to the next release :smile.gif:. I've been working on learning how to make a texture pack as I have some good ideas for textures but work and the girlfriend are keeping me occupiedso I don't get much time to research. Hopefully I get going and can submit one.
    Quote from LokiDarkfire

jailbreak is iphone you need 1) android 2) minecraft PE and 3) rooted access

There both basically the same thing allowing you to do more than what was previously available by the makers of the device. Anyway i tried it and it couldn't find uh some java thing and didn't change anything.
    Quote from exemp30

There both basically the same thing allowing you to do more than what was previously available by the makers of the device. Anyway i tried it and it couldn't find uh some java thing and didn't change anything.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

ctrl+f -> Search for your phone name

See if there is an "Easy Root" tool in that forum's development section.
    this works on my xperia play. nice job :3
    Sorry I haven't updated it recently, I haven't found a need to since Minecraft: PE hasn't updated and there are no more texture packs. I've also been very busy lately with my Physics Project.
    Quote from Caleb

Sorry I haven't updated it recently, I haven't found a need to since Minecraft: PE hasn't updated and there are no more texture packs. I've also been very busy lately with my Physics Project.

no worries dude, least yer letting us know, ill see if i can find someone out there to make a texture pack
    Quote from LokiDarkfire

no worries dude, least yer letting us know, ill see if i can find someone out there to make a texture pack

Ironically my science fair project is for computer science and Android programming. Although I think I set myself up for failure. >_
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes