[OFFICIAL] MC:PE Updates Thread [LATEST: Possible Snapshot Release Tomorrow!]

Quote from Septimus2000

Pocket edition isn't the best, but I do agree that it doesn't suck. I hate it when people say that! Then I say to them, "Have you even played Pocket Edition? It's awesome!" Unfortunately they say, "The controls suck and there isn't a lot of PC version stuff and that makes it terrible. And the worlds are SO tiny!!! Meh meh blah blah blah!!!" Then I go, " D:

I Agree i think MCPE is great, if you wanna see how good MCPE is play on survivalcraft for 5mins and youll be singing its praise.
    Quote from WalkingDaz

I Agree i think MCPE is great, if you wanna see how good MCPE is play on survivalcraft for 5mins and youll be singing its praise.

I have survival craft, and I have to say mcpe is a lot better. Survival craft seems more sloppy while mcpe is more polished and compact.
    Quote from Septimus2000

I have survival craft, and I have to say mcpe is a lot better. Survival craft seems more sloppy while mcpe is more polished and compact.

I have survival craft too and I just don't get as much pleasure from it as mcpe
    Quote from MinecraftBro2013

Personally, I think that the Mojang workers should focus more on updating PE, to start to catch up with the PC version, because the more updates that they put on the PC, the more that they have to update on PE, to satisfy the players (which I assume is everybody in this forum)!
    I'd like to see the release of 1.0.0 by the middle of 2014 possibly!
    WHAT POCKET EDITION NEEDS:
    1. Redstone
    2. Minecarts/Rails
    3. More Mobs
    4. Legit Caves
    5. Skins
    6. All difficulties (Right now we have Peaceful and Normal)
    7. Infinite Worlds
    8. Working Realms/Online
    9. Sprint/Sneaking
    10. Easier Way To Download Maps (Instead of using iExplorer all the time)

Yeah! If you look on the official Minecraft PE Upcoming Features, on the Minecrfat Wiki, the updates 0.7.2 and 0.7.3 and minor tweaks to the game. They won't be as major as the introduction of 0.6.0 or 0.7.0!!
    Quote from WackyJackieRae

Here is a list of things that Minecraft Pocket Edition NEEDS to be awesome:
    • Redstone
    • Skins
    • Some way to download skins, texture packs, and mods
    • Bigger worlds
    • Caves
    • Villages
    • Jungle/ Desert Temples
    • Witches
    • Potions
    • Sun and Moon
    • Enderman and Slimes
    • Commands ( Like /tp SkythekidRS dawnables)
    • Enchanting
    • Sprinting and Running
    • Hunger
    • And a lot more

I know that's a lot of stuff, but it would make the game so much better. Maybe if we get one big thing and one small thing in each update, we can slowly make Minecraft Pocket Editon more like the PC version. Like if in 0.8.0 we could maybe add redstone and hunger. I just want Minecraft Pocket Edition to become something bigger. I know it has a lot of potential.

This isn't a suggestions thread or the AppStore review section....

• Redstone
    • Skins
    • Bigger worlds
    • Caves
    • Villages
    • Jungle/ Desert Temples
    • Witches
    • Potions
    • Sun and Moon
    • Enderman and Slimes
    • Enchanting
    • Sprinting and Running
    • Hunger
    • And a lot more

I know that's a lot of stuff, but it would make the game so much better. Maybe if we get one big thing and one small thing in each update, we can slowly make Minecraft Pocket Editon more like the PC version. Like if in 0.8.0 we could maybe add redstone and hunger. I just want Minecraft Pocket Edition to become something bigger. I know it has a lot of potential.

Don't mention that guy here...
    Quote from Emerald_Digger98

That can not excuse the long waiting time.

Pc version has 2 developers:
    -Jens
    -dinnerbone

MCPE has 3 developers:
    -Johan
    -Jens (50/50)
    -Aron

The problem is that they don't have the urge to develop MCPE unlike the PC version the development of MCPE has been sluggish and relentless. I think Johan takes this as a hobby, as the content is unacceptable considering all the time it takes. We need more effort!!! We as a community are growing, something has to be done asap.

PC has about a half a dozen developers. PE has 4. Don't forget Daniel.
    Quote from MinecraftBro2013

Personally, I think that the Mojang workers should focus more on updating PE, to start to catch up with the PC version, because the more updates that they put on the PC, the more that they have to update on PE, to satisfy the players (which I assume is everybody in this forum)!
    I'd like to see the release of 1.0.0 by the middle of 2014 possibly!
    WHAT POCKET EDITION NEEDS:
    1. Redstone
    2. Minecarts/Rails
    3. More Mobs
    4. Legit Caves
    5. Skins
    6. All difficulties (Right now we have Peaceful and Normal)
    7. Infinite Worlds
    8. Working Realms/Online
    9. Sprint/Sneaking
    10. Easier Way To Download Maps (Instead of using iExplorer all the time)

Yeah! If you look on the official Minecraft PE Upcoming Features, on the Minecrfat Wiki, the updates 0.7.2 and 0.7.3 and minor tweaks to the game. They won't be as major as the introduction of 0.6.0 or 0.7.0!!

• Redstone
    • Skins
    • Bigger worlds
    • Caves
    • Villages
    • Jungle/ Desert Temples
    • Witches
    • Potions
    • Sun and Moon
    • Enderman and Slimes
    • Enchanting
    • Sprinting and Running
    • Hunger
    • And a lot more

We see that every time someone joins the forum. Welcome to forums mudafockas :) But I do agree that some of these things are possible without too much lag.
    Also know as- Shadowiki, Shadov, Shadoviki, Shad0_, Shadovik4, and Unlifer. Find me and say "Hi!" or ­ off.

Look, maybe you can buy servers in September or October?
    Quote from KoalaKingKalen

I have survival craft too and I just don't get as much pleasure from it as mcpe

I've noticed this too, and what I ascribe it to is a fundamental difference in philosophy.

MCPE is working on the assumption than building a big base is the fun part and how that gets expressed is in all the renewables. Gather even a half-dozen wheat seeds and the odds of actually running out is negligible. Trees aren't picky about where you plant them and if you do a little research on how big they can get it's trivial to grow them indoors, and again if you harvest them fully you'll quickly have more sapplings than you know what to do with. You can wind up with enough crops, animals, and monster spawners that its hard to stay in front of harvesting it all. The small world size isn't relevant when there isn't a lot of reason to leave your base.

Survival Craft is working from the somewhat opposite assumption that just staying alive is the interesting part, and as such NOTHING is genuinely renewable. Even trees are picky about where they will grow, you need to plant 3-4 to be mostly sure that one will survive, and they will eventually eat up all your dirt stocks if you play long enough. They're also unpredictable in how big they will get, which makes enclosing them for safety difficult, and trees are the most renewable thing in the game. Farming was finally introduced, and from the videos you don't get seeds to plant more rye when you harvest it, so farming is totally non-self-sustaining. SC NEEDS the infinite world, because there's no way to avoid running your starting area out of resources to gather.

Neither game is really "better", they're different approaches within the same genre.
    Quote from Kitsune

Well, a lot of people don't have MCPC so linking to your Mojang account wouldn't work.

They could have a PE specific part of the Minecraft website! It could be exactly like the PC part of the website!
    That would be SO cool with the sales counter and the trailer. The buy now part could take you to a subweb part that asks you if you have an android or a iDevice. If you click iDevice it'll tell you to download it from the appstore if you click android it'll tell to go on google play.
    They could even have the skins part! All except for the classic minecraft play and the play-in-website part.

Just login with your Mojang account that can be directly associated with both MCPE and MCPC!

( as in you wouldn't have to have MCPC to make a Mojang account )
    Quote from Conan91

Look, maybe you can buy servers in September or October?

One word.

IPAD!!!!! :D
    Last edited by Juggler1000: 6/27/2013 7:58:43 AM
    Minecraft isn't a game about going in that cave and not dying just because you don't want to lose your "precious" diamonds or your "superspecial" sword. No, minecraft isn't about rage quitting every time you fall in lava or somebody kills you. That's not Minecraft. Minecraft is, and always will be, about having fun.
    Quote from Juggler1000

They could have a PE specific part of the Minecraft website! It could be exactly like the PC part of the website!
    That would be SO cool with the sales counter and the trailer. The buy now part could take you to a subweb part that asks you if you have an android or a iDevice. If you click iDevice it'll tell you to download it from the appstore if you click android it'll tell to go on google play.
    They could even have the skins part! All except for the classic minecraft play and the play-in-website part.

Just login with your Mojang account that can be directly associated with both MCPE and MCPC!

( as in you wouldn't have to have MCPC to make a Mojang account )

I +1 you
    Quote from Juggler1000

One word.

IPAD!!!!! :D

Ahehehehe...

Quote from WalkingDaz

HALLELUJAH!!!! SING PRAISE TO NOTCH HOW HE SAVE US FROM HEROBRINE!! HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!

WE ARE THE FOUL COWS THAT GET MILKED FROM BAD GAME COMPANIES AND NOTCH SAVED US ALLLLLLL!

PRAISE BE TO NOTCH IN JEB'S NAME!!!!

How 'bout that for a song write? :P
    Minecraft isn't a game about going in that cave and not dying just because you don't want to lose your "precious" diamonds or your "superspecial" sword. No, minecraft isn't about rage quitting every time you fall in lava or somebody kills you. That's not Minecraft. Minecraft is, and always will be, about having fun.
    Quote from Juggler1000

HALLELUJAH!!!! SING PRAISE TO NOTCH HOW HE SAVE US FROM HEROBRINE!! HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!

WE ARE THE FOUL COWS THAT GET MILKED FROM BAD GAME COMPANIES AND NOTCH SAVED US ALLLLLLL!

PRAISE BE TO NOTCH IN JEB'S NAME!!!!

How 'bout that for a song write? :P

Uhhhh, I take it as Uncertain.

Quote from WalkingDaz

Yeah, and when I play that, I get bored easily and the controls are really hard.
    Last edited by Conan91: 6/27/2013 8:12:19 AM
    Quote from Conan91

Uhhhh, I take it as uncertain.

Lol...
    Quote from Dragon

Darn it, you beat me to it. :P Thanks anyways.

Looking back, I think I might do what he intended to do. If I get told off for using the same type of idea, then damn the fourms.
    Quote from PureEp1cness

This isn't a suggestions thread or the AppStore review section....

Whoops. Sorry about that! LOL
    Normality has arrived... The PC version does not have half a dozen developers only Jens and dinner one are implementing new content. its like a zoo in here please be composed and mature its getting annoying now. Stay on topic you are talking about SC but that has nothing to do with the topic, neither is that "apparant" song. Have a nice day :)

I actually care more about the game itself and not about updates -.-"

If you don't care about the updates then you don't care about the game, the updates are the bread and butter. :rolleyes:

If I helped you with something or a question of some sort, or you believe in my opinion,Maybe you just feel like being nice :D, giving me some rep is greatly appreciated.
    Quote from Emerald_Digger98

Normality has arrived... The PC version does not have half a dozen developers only Jens and dinner one are implementing new content. its like a zoo in here please be composed and mature its getting annoying now. Stay on topic you are talking about SC but that has nothing to do with the topic, neither is that "apparant" song. Have a nice day :)

Quit complaining about how many dev there are. Who cares its not like we can do anything about it.
    Quote from Questionar

Quit complaining about how many dev there are. Who cares its not like we can do anything about it.
    I was not complaining just stating the facts.

Quote from InfamousArtisan

If you don't care about the updates then you don't care about the game, the updates are the bread and butter. :rolleyes:

Actually the updates are the middle part of the sandwich.
    Minecraft will be on PS4. OR ELSE! Da, Da, Daaaaaaaaaaa.
    When you first buy the game, it's like hot toast with melted cheese, after a while it gets cold. When a new update is released, more cheese is added and the toast gets warmed up. But this goes on, and on until the bread goes of and no more updates are released :D
    Sorry for off topic ;)

And, it's not really the amount of devs that speed the process, it's the input and effort they put in. Now I'm not saying that Johans slacking of, but it took him four months to add multiplayer, wich was mostly coded in the game already. Many mobile games are developed by only one person and they still get regular updates. And the more devs they get working on a project, the messier it gets, one may code differently. For example look at the chat button, it doesn't work like the quit button and when you press it you place blocks down. And this is because jeb implemented it differently than Johan/Aaron.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes