[OFFICIAL] MC:PE Updates Thread [LATEST: Possible Snapshot Release Tomorrow!]

Quote from whosme

Yep, that's why it's more simple to host one on your mobile device

Yet also more impractical.. Phones don't make good servers..
    Quote from Smint

Yet also more impractical.. Phones don't make good servers..

But how can jailbroken people host online servers on their mobile device?
    Get ready for some real info, there's good/bad news for the people that don't own a PC..
    I asked Johan some questions to hopefully clear things up here's the answers..

I'm guessing the hosted servers is what minecraft realms is... Pretty exciting :)
    Last edited by Smint: 2/19/2013 12:45:02 PM
    Quote from Smint

Get ready for some real info, there's good/bad news for the people that don't own a PC..

-snip-

I'm guessing the hosted servers is what minecraft realms is... Pretty exciting :)

I'm so excited. The future is looking bright.
    Pssh! Signatures are for chumps!
    What's a white list, can it be done from the device?
    And the free subscription server, will that be run from your pc or mojang?
    And he didn't mention anything about a friends list :(

Multiplayer isn't what I expected, I just be able to jump on and get right in to a multiplayer game, none of this
    You know what they could do is on iOS they could have push notifications when you are added to a server whitelist or banned or opped! Not sure if there is an equivalent for android but...
    Quote from Cbourke98

What's a white list, can it be done from the device?
    And the free subscription server, will that be run from your pc or mojang?
    And he didn't mention anything about a friends list :(

Multiplayer isn't what I expected, I just be able to jump on and get right in to a multiplayer game, none of this

When you whitelist someone, you make them able to join your server, but blacklisting is blocking people from joining your server (didn't need to know that one but still a fun fact). And I don't understand what he means by subscription fee. Do we have to pay monthly or something to make a server? And I thought op commands were in (probably in the non-alpha multiplayer stage)
    That
    Quote from Smint

That looks....very bad....
    Whitelist should be a choice (not mandatory) AND it's going to take until April....
    Well if multiplayer does end up sucking we have PocketMine which looks like it will be spectacular.
    Last edited by etrius0023: 2/19/2013 3:18:11 PM
    PE online multiplayer doesn't look that bad... And sure were gonna have to wait but the only thing they have said they are not going to have is op commands and they are just saying we'll have to wait a little bit longer
    But I'm still excited!
    So we are going to have to either have to join the mojang server, pay to make your own or wait until its free to host a server
    I'm excited, even though you have to pay to have a server :(
    http://featu.re/YE7SDZ Click there please! It's a great way to get free amazon cards iTunes cards and MORE! Thanks for clicking! Also Get a Pocket Realms server with an iTunes card! Thank you :)
    I wonder why you have to pay to have a server. I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD! And the PC players don't have to pay to host a server, so why us? Because it a harder to code? Because they're running low on funds? My biggest concern is this, I can wait for smooth lighting and all the ne things, but I paying to host a server is showing us that they want more money and the 6 year olds going to complain on the AppStore will just make a matters worst.
    Quote from whosme

I wonder why you have to pay to have a server. I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD! And the PC players don't have to pay to host a server, so why us? Because it a harder to code? Because they're running low on funds? My biggest concern is this, I can wait for smooth lighting and all the ne things, but I paying to host a server is showing us that they want more money and the 6 year olds going to complain on the AppStore will just make a matters worst.
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure they do, don't you have to have pay for server hosting?
    http://featu.re/YE7SDZ Click there please! It's a great way to get free amazon cards iTunes cards and MORE! Thanks for clicking! Also Get a Pocket Realms server with an iTunes card! Thank you :)
    Stop QQing. I'm sure they'd make it free if they could. PC servers cost money, too.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Onlyadirector
    Download my PE Adventure Map, The Legend of Koahtakula! http://bit.ly/VKEQqy
    ill buy a server if its under 12 dollars, and you can join that.

Check out the wythria website! http://www.wythria.enjin.com
    Plus, we don't even know the cost. What if it ends up being $5.00 a month? It's not THAT bad of a price.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Onlyadirector
    Download my PE Adventure Map, The Legend of Koahtakula! http://bit.ly/VKEQqy
    Quote from whosme

I don't think it's because there low on funds , I think there trying to make the price as equal as the PC Version to make it fair because of server hosting.
    Last edited by Shifto: 2/19/2013 5:47:32 PM

Quote from TheRebDef

Stop QQing. I'm sure they'd make it free if they could. PC servers cost money, too.

Well I didn't know that :{
    I just don't understand why though.
    Quote from TheRebDef

Plus, we don't even know the cost. What if it ends up being $5.00 a month? It's not THAT bad of a price.
    I hope it is at least under $10.00

The reason you pay for PC servers is so that you can have more than one server running at a time because mojang restricts it to one server per IP address. And also I think having to pay for a PE server is only until they are finished with the alpha version of online multiplayer and once they get the real version up and running it will be free to host but with the same restrictions as PC
    Also I assume that you will be able to have one of each type of server (one PE and one PC)
    i hope its cheap, but, heck, we dont know anything yet so im guessing that the devs are going to make it around 3.00$ per sever or something
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes