This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

SurvivalCraft taking away Minecraft: Pocket Edition players?

Quote from D0N_Yavis

Quite a rant here now have we?

I don't understand a word that you just said.
    Quote from SwordEnchantment

xD
    [ I don't know what to put here ]
    Well, Survivalcraft does have more features, and it comes at a cheaper price. So, that might be why more people are going towards it. Although, in my opinion, MCPE is better.

I'm back after a long hiatus. I'm gonna try hanging out here again.
    Quote from GambitGamer

With the next update I think people will be drawn back to PE. Survival Craft looks like it was thrown together in a few weeks. Mojang is taking their time with each update for the best experience possible. PE has been more popular so far and I think it will only get more popular as the updates roll in.

SC was put together since 2011. It was made for windows phones, then ported to android, and just recently ported to iOS. Within 5 days of launch it reached #1 appstore. Since then it remains ontop of MCPE.....

Frankly I think MCPE will become more popular with the next update. That is, until people figure out the update barely has any game content for those who use MCPE for MOBILE reasons and not to stick around there wifi point to play multiplayer. There's gonna be alot of people disappointed...Why you ask? Check the reviews on the appstore for MCPE. There are people thinking their getting redstone, caves, the end, Nether in the next update! All that stuff, yet all of that is false. It's truly sad :(

Unless of course the devs are hiding alot of stuff from us and that's the reason why they delayed the update, and keep saying their are bugs when they aren't*Highly doubt it..., pretty sure there telling the truth about there being bugs and there is no surprise content to compete with SurvivalCraft...*

And frankly, if SC was put together in a few weeks and was given that much polish, then the MCPE should be ashamed of themselves to put together something for months, while somebody else did it in weeks. Fortunately that's not the situation :P

Although still, 1 guy developing the app and has made way more progress then the 4 master mind professional sandbox survival programmers at Mojang
    Last edited by Crazy_minecraft: 5/8/2013 4:17:48 PM
    Famous Nyan seed has caves now along with 3 other special maps for MCPE! Check here for downloads: http://tinyurl.com/c75ax6y
    Quote from Crazy minecraft

SC was put together since 2011. It was made for windows phones, then ported to android, and just recently ported to iOS. Within 5 days of launch it reached #1 appstore. Since then it remains ontop of MCPE.....

Frankly I think MCPE will become more popular with the next update. That is, until people figure out the update barely has any game content for those who use MCPE for MOBILE reasons and not to stick around there wifi point to play multiplayer. There's gonna be alot of people disappointed...Why you ask? Check the reviews on the appstore for MCPE. There are people thinking their getting redstone, caves, the end, Nether in the next update! All that stuff, yet all of that is false. It's truly sad :(

Unless of course the devs are hiding alot of stuff from us and that's the reason why they delayed the update, and keep saying their are bugs when they aren't*Highly doubt it..., pretty sure there telling the truth about there being bugs and there is no surprise content to compete with SurvivalCraft...*

And frankly, if SC was put together in a few weeks and was given that much polish, then the MCPE should be ashamed of themselves to put together something for months, while somebody else did it in weeks. Fortunately that's not the situation :P

Although still, 1 guy developing the app and has made way more progress then the 4 master mind professional sandbox survival programmers at Mojang
    I said it looked like it. I don't know anything about the game. The screen shots on the App Store look kind of weird. Especially the horse. I probably should have mentioned that I haven't played it ;)
    Want your creation featured in a new Hunger Games server? Click here!
    But the horses look... awkward.

You really can't say that since he copied Minecraft for PC. I don't think that PE is the top priority right now.
    Quote from GambitGamer

You really can't say that since he copied Minecraft for PC. I don't think that PE is the top priority right now.

He did have inspiration from MC PC edition, yes. I hope your not saying he ripped off Minecraft in general. The game has taken several big steps to differ itself from Minecraft. There's no creepers, skeletons, or zombies, or spiders. It's basically minecraft that's more realistic and more advance then MCPE. *Has natural animal life, realism to it.*

With 10 million copies sold, MCPE should be getting alot more support than it is getting now. It's slighty pathetic how with how successful MCPE has gotten worldwide for mobile phones, that the people at Mojang don't realize they could get even more money when people who own the game brag to there friends "Look, MC on my phone, and it's loaded with features!" and not "MCPE on my phone...got pretty bored of it....yeah.... *moves to SC instead then brags about that game to friends*.

You haven't tried the game yet? You totally should! Infinite worlds, electricity, all that good stuff.

The major con is it feels way more different then Minecraft in terms of gameplay *and not just blocky world theme, any game can have that now a days and can still be different!*

Of course though that's a good thing! Being different from Minecraft means it's not a ripoff of Minecraft...which is good to me IMO.
    Famous Nyan seed has caves now along with 3 other special maps for MCPE! Check here for downloads: http://tinyurl.com/c75ax6y

He did have inspiration from MC PC edition, yes. I hope your not saying he ripped off Minecraft in general.
    Yes, I am saying that.
    Quote from ThatOneCrafter

I don't understand this:

Survival Craft - Ininite worlds

Mcpe - No inifinite worlds; may cause lag

If SC has lots and lots of items/blocks and inifinite worlds and no lag, I'm pretty sure MC:PE can handle infinite worlds as well..

SV Craft Have Every Thing Much than Minecraft Pocket Editon

More Animal
    More Item
    More Block
    And MORE PLACE BECAUSE IT IS INFITNITE WORLD!!!!
    No Lag - It have More Thing But No Lag?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But MCPE No infifnite world. May LAG some phone
    (My Ipad Lag when use Fancy And Walk to Leave Block

btw it is a copy I Dont Buy it

He did have inspiration from MC PC edition, yes. I hope your not saying he ripped off Minecraft in general. The game has taken several big steps to differ itself from Minecraft. There's no creepers, skeletons, or zombies, or spiders. It's basically minecraft that's more realistic and more advance then MCPE. *Has natural animal life, realism to it.*

With 10 million copies sold, MCPE should be getting alot more support than it is getting now. It's slighty pathetic how with how successful MCPE has gotten worldwide for mobile phones, that the people at Mojang don't realize they could get even more money when people who own the game brag to there friends "Look, MC on my phone, and it's loaded with features!" and not "MCPE on my phone...got pretty bored of it....yeah.... *moves to SC instead then brags about that game to friends*.

You haven't tried the game yet? You totally should! Infinite worlds, electricity, all that good stuff.

The major con is it feels way more different then Minecraft in terms of gameplay *and not just blocky world theme, any game can have that now a days and can still be different!*

Of course though that's a good thing! Being different from Minecraft means it's not a ripoff of Minecraft...which is good to me IMO.

My Friend Talk About SVCRAFT Like this : It a Copy I dont like it :Iron:

Quote from Czupo

Well, Survivalcraft does have more features, and it comes at a cheaper price. So, that might be why more people are going towards it. Although, in my opinion, MCPE is better.

Yeah Cheaper And More thing No no lag, Infinite World, Electric Train But MCPE Is Better For Me,

CLASSIC
    Last edited by Poomdd2544: 5/8/2013 8:41:50 PM
    Quote from SwordEnchantment

You may as well have little knowledge about the vast words of the language you speak then.
    Kapische.
    just got into survival craft, after wasting 7$ on MC PE a week or more ago,finding out it had no caves or infinite worlds etc. now to me I understand why people are going to minecraft I fell down that trap.... I play the pc and love it. so automatically thinking when I wanted a mobile version to jump and get MC PE thinking it was the same game i come to love and enjoy. Plus become addicted to the point in which my mother calls it Minecrack lol.though after trying and playing I found out I was wrong! this IOS version is not fun or addicting at all its boring! Also people go for brand names and don't like to try new apps that are similar. Survival Craft is better in ways that MC PE will never get close. Survival Craft will always be a step ahead love that! Right now ive seen tall mountains, caves natural mobs that are hostile and can kill you quick sadly I didn't know they could kill... SC has a community content browser right in the game! You want textures photo realistic etc go and browse it is hard to find things no search option, but who cares there's textures to put directly in your world! Oh and worlds that's another thing I like you want a fancy world made by creative people, go and search around in the same are as the textures and wala pick a world and have fun! there's different world types to, harmless, challenging, creative, and people can make adventure maps and quests etc. There's more blocks to have fun with, and in the next update the devolpers talking about hunger and getting tired if you get to tired you will pass out. plus the bars will only show when needed.
    go here to see for your self if you want: http://kaalus.wordpress.com/
    I'm happy I found Survival Craft. for thevPC ill play minecraft. though my ipad I'll stick with Survival Craft, it puts all the features that me and many more want, if SC can do it then its not as impossible as some people say. Mojang does better with the pc version and I think MC PE is just a fill in to make people happy that the game is mobile not fully but hey it's mobile. You want less features less support and a brand name then go to the Minecraft game for 6.99. you want more features excellent support and a different developer then head over and get the 3.99 Survival Craft.
    Survival craft sucks. It's nothing but a big fat clone. It shouldn't even be on the app store/google play store.
    All the game did is COMPLETELY copy Minecraft. The game's basically a copy and paste of Minecraft PC ported to iOS/AOS.
    But MCPE will soon bring back all the players. I'm certain of it. In the next update, "Pocket Edition may have realms", that might as well KILL Survival Craft and bring back all our well deserved players. :)

Survival craft dev(s): you may be infront of MCPE right this second. But you just wait until mid-may...
    Quote from ThatOneCrafter

Survival craft sucks. It's nothing but a big fat clone. It shouldn't even be on the app store/google play store.
    All the game did is COMPLETELY copy Minecraft. The game's basically a copy and paste of Minecraft PC ported to iOS/AOS.
    But MCPE will soon bring back all the players. I'm certain of it. In the next update, "Pocket Edition may have realms", that might as well KILL Survival Craft and bring back all our well deserved players. :)

Survival craft dev(s): you may be infront of MCPE right this second. But you just wait until mid-may...

Wow, you sound like one of those immature reviewers who give the game 1 star because it's a clone to you and nothing more.

Yes, let's wait till mid-may...or the end of may...or whenever Johan get's that one bug fixed.

-3 MONTH DEVELOPMENT CYCLE-

Let's wait for whenever for this:
    -Cake (with eggs as a new item and milk)
    -Buckets
    -Multiplayer *BAREBONES, no skins...Possibly there's no admins tools but I doubt it...*
    -Chat
    -10 player limit
    -Realms cost money to host(according to the MCPE reviewers, they don't want to IAP a server for the game...), first come first serve will get to try realms free. Plus, who knows! They may take months just testing and updating the realms system. Why? Because that's totally a legit excuse for lack of game content updates :)

Perhaps normal multiplayer will be popular though...

I'm sure it will bring MCPE back to the front...temporarily. Once people realize they've been fooled into thinking this update was gonna have way more than just this, they'll come right back to survivalcraft. Even if you remain ontop of Survivalcraft, I'm sure the new survival update which adds more (things that MCPE doesn't have! Big surprise right?) stuff like hunger and exhaustion, and boats as well!

Have you read the reviews on the appstore? People are thinking redstone, nether, caves...all that stuff is coming in the next update!
    Imagine how sorely disappointed their gonna be when they find out that's not true? Then how desperate they'll be to buy Survivalcraft after yet again another disappointing and long awaited MCPE update?
    Last edited by Crazy_minecraft: 5/9/2013 5:39:40 AM

Wow, you sound like one of those immature reviewers who give the game 1 star because it's a clone to you and nothing more.
    Lol, everyone knows it's nothing but a clone.. ._.

Yes, let's wait till mid-may...or the end of may...or whenever Johan get's that one bug fixed.

-3 MONTH DEVELOPMENT CYCLE-

Let's wait for whenever for this:
    -Cake (with eggs as a new item and milk)
    -Buckets
    -Multiplayer *BAREBONES, no skins...Possibly there's no admins tools but I doubt it...*
    -Chat
    -10 player limit
    -Realms cost money to host(according to the MCPE reviewers, they don't want to IAP a server for the game...), first come first serve will get to try realms free. Plus, who knows! They may take months just testing and updating the realms system. Why? Because that's totally a legit excuse for lack of game content updates :)

Perhaps normal multiplayer will be popular though...

I'm sure it will bring MCPE back to the front...temporarily. Once people realize they've been fooled into thinking this update was gonna have way more than just this, they'll come right back to survivalcraft. Even if you remain ontop of Survivalcraft, I'm sure the new survival update which adds more (things that MCPE doesn't have! Big surprise right?) stuff like hunger and exhaustion, and boats as well!

Have you read the reviews on the appstore? People are thinking redstone, nether, caves...all that stuff is coming in the next update!
    Imagine how sorely disappointed their gonna be when they find out that's not true? Then how desperate they'll be to buy Survivalcraft after yet again another disappointing and long awaited MCPE update?

I adore this man, Why?
    • He has reasonable and valid arguments backed up by facts
    • He is a fair critic that reviews a game equally
    • He takes arguments in a very mature manner
    • He is a striking symbol of a true reviewer.
    Live long for to concern honorable sir.
    Kapische.
    Agreed. Most of people fanboys here are just mindlessly hating SurvivalCraft, cause "it's not minecraft". They haven't even played the game, but they're making opinions.
    SurvivalCraft has a lot more stuff than MCPE and It's not a clone. The whole point of the game is not to be like minecraft and It has only a few things like blocky world in common with MCPE. Also MCPE developers are giving you just a few bugfixes, buckets and some other small stuff over months, when Kaalus is providing a lot more content in weeks for half the price of MCPE, so I have no idea why all of you are getting overexcited by next MCPE update that actually won't bring you any major changes. Also I don't think that MCPE will get it's players back if it stays that way. I like MCPE, but it's still not worth the price for me.
    Last edited by Koloses: 5/9/2013 9:56:36 AM
    Well i just played survivalcraft its ok but I dont like how it has more features its kinda spoiling my mcpe experience now im not going to be very excited for buckets to mcpe But it is a very well made game im just giving my opinion.
    Im just here standing from a distance.Waiting for to strike you down.
    Oh for heavens sake. Minecraft Pocket edition has over 10 million players! SURVIVAL CRAFT SUCKS!
    I am the Hero of Time.
    The popularity of SC is due to minecraft pocket edition lack of content as more updates are release im sure it will balance out, although I do agree survival craft is a replica of minecraft you can not deny that. MCPE should get credit but no this kaalus guy believes that SC is its own independant app, The reason for Sc advancement is likely that the developer is coding all day, unlike Johan that takes his time and makes sure that it's polished and smooth.

It would be alright if he said inspired by minecraft but he does not even mention minecraft, just wants to take advantage of MCPE players he knows that we are behind and he wants to steal the community, im forever minecraft pocket edition.. Quality wins over quantity.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes