Now for all of you noobs/ players who are happy with the current difficulty of minecraft, this post is not for you.
Now for everyone who feels that even minecraft Hardcore mode has become easy, or comes down to a science, you have come to the right place. I have felt this way for a while now, then I joined a technical minecraft server. Although some people aren't good at technical minecraft and just want a Hardcore challenge for the basic survival gameplay with minimal farms having to be built. Here are my rules and how to put them in place.
- Start a hardcore minecraft world with a custom world type, then follow these substeps
- click caves to no
- click lava oceans to yes
- set dungeon count to 1
- set lava lake rarity to 35
- set biome size to 2
- set river size 5
- go to the next page and turn coal spawn size to 4
- change iron ore to a spawn size of 3 and a spawn try of 10
- keep gold the same as you will need it as your first way to regenerate
- keep redstone the same as it does not effect too much
- change diamonds to a spawn size of 1 and make the maximum height 7
- keep lapis the same
- click done
- open it to LAN with cheats enabled
- type /gamerule naturalregeneration false (this disables regeneration, unless a healing item is used. Such as a golden apple or potion.)
- type /gamerule randomtickspeed 1 (this makes it so crops and other things grow or produce 3x slower)
Sounds good. I just created the world, I used a seed of "Stitch". The lack of iron is gonna make this tough; I guess I'll be praying for a village, or even a temple; maybe an early iron farm (and vill trading) is the best idea, because otherwise it's gonna be pretty boring mining.
Wonder if I'll survive it much; I'll let you know!
Oh and... if I kill the dragon, I think I'll turn on regen again; does that seem reasonable? Or a wither too, maybe? (Although that's pretty trivial, compared to dragon)
I have never personally completed this challenge, but however you want to modify it is up to you. But if you are looking for an answer, after both bosses are killed it would seem reasonable to turn regen on. Sort of like the bosses give you the power to regenerate your wounds at will. something like that XD
Also, without caves lava is not an issue, aside from the rare underground lake (note - lava "lakes" below y=11 are caves which are filled with lava), and with no caves there is no real point in playing, plus branch-mining is far safer than caving (some people complain that caving is too easy... try getting full diamond (much less iron) gear without ever encountering a single mob or even gathering any food; yes, with branch-mining that is easily possible especially with the massive nerfs to hunger in 1.11, walking in particular drains zero hunger). You could instead spread out diamond so it generates between 0-64 with a vein size of 3-4 so caving is the only effective way of getting it (a vein size of 4 gives about the same amount of diamond above y=10 but much more spread out. Iron and coal can simply be reduced in size/count, perhaps with coal reduced to y=64 so it can't be found above sea level, as it is easy to find in Extreme Hills; of course, charcoal makes this a moot point unless you want to build with coal blocks).