Dinnerbone stated that he will add more uses for the Dispenser, and that applies to the Dispenser and the upcoming Minecart with Dispenser.
And what if, there is a new snapshot and you've got your very own Minecart with Dispenser? When you put fire charge in it, and activate it, it launches fire almost everywhere instead of dropping Fire Charge.
Do you want minecarts to launch dropped items everywhere? Alright, we present you the Minecart with Dropper.
What is it?
The Minecart with Dropper launches dropped items everywhere if it runs over an Activator Rail/Detector Rail. It is similar to the Dropper but it's portable (a dropper in a minecart!) It also puts items in a chest if a Minecart with Dropper is facing it.
What can you use it for?
If people want to switch to droppers, they can also use a Minecart with Dropper for some creations. Or, it could be used as a bonus cannon for arenas.
How do you craft it?
Just like all of the other special minecart recipes, you can put the Dropper block over the minecart in the crafting grid.
How do you use it?
Right click on the Minecart with Dropper to bring up the Dropper GUI and place your items in the slots. Roll it into an activator rail or a detector rail to launch the item from the dropper minecart.
If a minecart with dropper is facing a chest, it can be activated to put the item automatically into the chest. If a Minecart with Dropper is automatically activated through an activator rail and it is beside a Minecart with Chest, it will also put its contents in the slots of the storage minecart.
Launched items from a minecart with dropper can pass through glass.
What items does it drop if it gets destroyed?
1 minecart and 1 dropper. It can be crafted again anytime.
Does it act the way like the dispenser does?
Nope. It won't (of course) launch eggs, spawn mobs using spawn eggs, launch arrows, and launch fire charges.
Where can you find it in the Creative inventory?
In the Transportation Tab.
Minecart with Dropper interaction with other suggested stuff and in-game blocks:
- Magnet Minecart: http://www.minecraft...agnet-minecart/
A magnet minecart will pull the Minecart with Dropper towards it or pull itself towards the Minecart with Dropper.
- Additional Uses for Minecarts: http://www.minecraft...rt-suggestions/
1. Minecart with Dropper will connect to other minecarts.
2. Upgraded Powered Minecarts can allow Minecarts with Dropper to shoot items for farther distances.
3. The trough block will also fill buckets placed in Minecarts with Dropper, allowing bucket refilling stations. The kicker rails will remove items from the Minecart with Dropper and place them in a nearby chest.
4. Minecart with Dropper could also have weight, however it will not be possible.
Hoppers will grab items from the Minecarts with Dropper.
As I mentioned before, Minecarts with Dropper facing a Chest and activated will put its item in the chest.
- Trapped Chests
Same as above.
- Filter Chests: http://www.minecraft...-sorting-items/
Minecarts with Dropper facing a Filter Chest will put its matching items into the Filter Chests containing the same item as the Minecart with Dropper. Note that the Minecart with Dropper will not put anything inside the Filter Chest except for the available ones in the Filter Chest.
- Bridge/Drawbridge Track: http://www.minecraft...awbridge-track/
Minecart with Dropper will drop through the drawbridge track if open. If on the other side, it will stop. Credits: All people who made their topics.
- Adds to the aspect of the Redstone Update.
- Delivery systems and new redstone contraptions can be made with the Minecart with Dropper.
- Useful for people who want to use Droppers.
- Unfortunately, a griefer can use a Minecart with Dropper to scatter players' items all around a server.
UPDATE: I made some concept of the Minecart with Dropper.
This is the Minecart with Dropper, as shown here.
Then when it steps over an Activator rail, it drops something. (I used a diamond)
Dropper Minecarts interacting with chests:
Minecart with Dropper facing far away from the chest.
This Minecart with Dropper contains one minecart in the slot.
The dropper minecart is pushed to the chest. (under the dropper minecart is an activator rail)
The Minecart with Dropper is activated and the minecart item is transfered from the dropper minecart to its respective chest.
Minecart with Dropper interacting with Storage Minecarts:
Dropper Minecart facing away from Storage Minecart and activator rail.
Inside the dropper minecart it contains one diamond.
The Minecart with Dropper is pushed to the storage minecart. (and of course there is an activator rail!)
The diamond is put inside the Minecart with Chest.
I like this idea/I don't like this idea.
If you hate or like it, give constructive criticism please and also +1 if you like the suggestion.