Hopefully I'm in the correct edition this time. To start this off, I should mention that I am not an experienced player. A friend of mine and I got involved in sandbox games like this via the FTP game Creativerse. Before you murder me, let me say that I am overly aware of Creativerse's limitations. That's why I'm here.
The problems I run into in getting a group of players for minecraft are lengthy. Complaints include:
- Person doesn't like the art style.
- Person wants more machines and automation, including belts/pipes and non-manual material pathing.
- Person wants node-style mining where materials are extracted by machines.
- Person doesn't like the weapons/armor/combat mechanics (usually referencing something like quake at the same time).
- Person believes the mobs are not interesting enough (wants mobs capable of being a quake-style challenge)
- Person wants more realistic character/mob skins/models.
- Person wants a prettier User Interface.
- Person wants more types of things to explore/kill/farm/make into a zoo.
- Person comes from the starbound community and wants space travel.
I am aware that some/all of these problems *can* be solved. But I am not an experienced player and have almost no mod familiarity. If I'm going to get people to try the game, I need to wow them on the first shot.
If anyone has suggestions for mods that would address any of these complaints, I would be extremely grateful.