First I get enough wood to make a pickaxe, then I mine for some cobble and make my house there. As in, I dig out a house for myself that I use for the next Minecraft week or two. :tongue.gif: I'm lame I know I know
1. Get wood from 1 tree.
2. Make crafting table and make wodden pickaxe
3. Dig on ground or find stone and start mining cobblestone until ur pickaxe dies... or is close to.
4. Use cobblestone to make stone axe, stone pickaxe, stone shovel and stone sword.
5. If you found iron while mining, make shears out of it and find sheep as fast as u can, if u dint find iron but u found a sheep or a few sheeps, kill them to get wool (if you ditn get iron for shears, and cant find or ehar sheeps around ignore this step).
6. Gather wood with ur stone axe.
7. When it starts to get dark, go to ur hole, or wherever u mined, make torches out of the coal u found or make a furnace and put some wood logs in it to get charcoal, then make torches. and make sure u have a lil bit of light form outside (hole or whatever cannot be in a cave with a big open space or you are dead)
8. With a lighted room, use the wool u should have gathered ot make a bed and skip night. If you din't get wool u cna just continue mining there. If you find a cave while mining make sure a door sepparates ur hole from cave if ur going to explore it, if not, seal it.
9. Gathe rwool if u dint make a bed (skip this tep if you had laready made a bed)
10. Enjoy your other minecraftian days until u die.
Both. After gathering some Wood, I find a Cave and seal it off for shelter, then I descend down the Cave until until I find some Iron or reach level 12 to start branch Mining. If all the Caves have huge entrances, I'll just dig a hole into a cliff, then start a staircase down to level 12.