I was pulling down my old malformed nether gate that was right in front of my new shiny one. I ended up backing into the portal and getting zapped to the underworld - no biggie I thought, just jump back through the portal and alls well that ends well...unfortunatly there was a ghast who had been waiting all week at the gate just itching for someone to stumble through. So I poke my head through that purple curtain and BAM - fireball to the face. Whip out the old bow and arrows to dispatch the ghast then turn around to see...!!! His fireball aparently extinguished the gate...and i have no flint. So is this the point at which I hop in the lava and loose all my diamond gear or is there a better way to get out of this jam? somebody help me!!!
I know someone already said those, but when you get back to the nether, bringing flint with you this time, build a stone shelter around the portal. I don't know about anyone else, but on my world ghast shots don't destroy stone.
1. If you have iron, the nether has gravel for flint.
2. If you have enough wood for a chest, make one and die.
3. If you have something that could be used as a fuse, make one leading to the portal.
4. If there is a ghast nearby, get it to shoot into the portal.
5. If worst comes to worst, just kill yourself in a fairly safe area then go back and get your stuff
i have no way to help this.... if i could i would, but just stay alive alright make the last uses count in the diamond tools and armor, kill all enemies that you can and make a makeshift base for next time. not good idea though cuz if you are a good aim and have good timing you could just hit a fireball into the portal.