Gameplay

Cubic Chunks: Reduced lag, infinite height, and more [The #1 Suggestion Thread of all time!][Updated! 6/14]

Poll: Which parts of this system do you like?

Which parts of this system do you like? - Multiple Choice

• None 0.3% of Users - 39 votes
  • Crippling of X-ray hacks(Only in SMP, and can be disabled) 10.9% of Users - 1360 votes
  • Reduction of server-client bandwidth usage and connection lag 14.1% of Users - 1750 votes
  • Ability to utilize much larger and more realistic terrain generation 15.1% of Users - 1879 votes
  • Ability to utilize 3D biomes(Allows for underground, underwater biomes, and intricate random structure generation) 15.2% of Users - 1891 votes
  • More efficient chunk-handling 15.5% of Users - 1930 votes
  • Virtually infinite depth 13.5% of Users - 1675 votes
  • Virtually infinite height 15.4% of Users - 1911 votes

This poll has ended as of 5/15/2014 5:50:01 PM

Poll: Which parts of this system do you NOT like?

Which parts of this system do you NOT like? - Multiple Choice

• None 72% of Users - 1937 votes
  • Crippling of X-ray hacks(Only in SMP, and can be disabled) 7.1% of Users - 191 votes
  • Reduction of server-client bandwidth usage and connection lag 1.6% of Users - 43 votes
  • Ability to utilize much larger and more realistic terrain generation 2.4% of Users - 64 votes
  • Ability to utilize 3D biomes(Allows for underground, underwater biomes, and intricate random structure generation) 1.7% of Users - 45 votes
  • More efficient chunk-handling 1.2% of Users - 32 votes
  • Virtually infinite depth 9.7% of Users - 262 votes
  • Virtually infinite height 4.3% of Users - 117 votes

Poll: Do you support this system's implementation overall? (If yes, if

Do you support this system's implementation overall? (If yes, if - Single Choice

• I'm indifferent. 2.7%
  • I'm not sure. (Please post why, if possible). 1.6%
  • No. (Please post why, if possible). 1.7%
  • Yes. 94%

Quote from Kageon

btw Calacbolg, is it possible to have such a terrain that makes spawn/water level y:1000 and still can go on 5000 blocks up and same down?

Doing so should be possible in Cubic Chunks.
    Quote from blue_bear_94

Doing so should be possible in Cubic Chunks.

I just got an really cool idea im going to do when this comes out, As a mod or in Vanilla :D

I had the same idea.
    How deep will you have to dig to find diamonds then? I love the idea, I'm just wondering.

Last edited by Meg_752: 8/12/2013 11:14:08 AM
    Quote from Meg_752

How deep will you have to dig to find diamonds then? I love the idea, I'm just wondering.

Probably at least 200 m below sea level, and even then they'll be extremely rare.
    Quote from Meg_752

This suggestion doesn't change terrain at all, including ores.
    Quote from Shibe

I'm not sure if this was already posted in this thread.

Grum has commented on cubic chunks in 2012. He seems worried about the skylight stuff. Here is a link https://mojang.atlas...browse/MCAPI-28
    (thanks McPlayer96 from a CC discussion server for the link)

To the OP who joined the server: I'm sorry I was afk and there wasn't anyone else on the server at that moment so yeah..

Finally! And I would just like to point out that We now have over 100 pages of replies, 2,000 replies, and almost 1,500 supporters!

What would ye, ladies? It was ever thus.
    Men are unwise and curiously planned.
    - The Golden Journey To Samarkand
    just gave the 1500th rep ^_^

This needs to be implemented, like, right frickin now.
    Please check out my Soundcloud if you like Dubstep.
    ... Wait. Calacblog was on earlier? (Sees that MC name is terashock. Checks players folder.) Yea. I had no idea ._.
    Looks like the Grumm outbreak has been resolved in the server. We have some remaining survivors contained at newly founded Foundation facility. We have named these Grumms as SCP-3006-M.
    Quote from Avaruusmurkku

Looks like the Grumm outbreak has been resolved in the server. We have some remaining survivors contained at newly founded Foundation facility. We have named these Grumms as SCP-3006-M.

Ok. And i gave builders WorldEdit perms. (Not like we have anyone of that rank)
    Last edited by 2insanepeople: 8/11/2013 7:21:53 PM
    Quote from aminecraftguy00

It's not a mod, it's a suggestion... The mod is just a demonstration for Mojang..
    Yes but they are creating the mod not just for mojang but for the people they said that there wish was to get the idea implemented into minecraft but it will still be available as a modification (which means mod) to people not just mojang right now its just bing a suggestion but soon as they say they will have a modifaction for it (If im rouge the creator seems to be active so he will correct me not a random person )
    Quote from Thechosenone093

Yes but they are creating the mod not just for mojang but for the people they said that there wish was to get the idea implemented into minecraft but it will still be available as a modification (which means mod) to people not just mojang right now its just bing a suggestion but soon as they say they will have a modifaction for it (If im rouge the creator seems to be active so he will correct me not a random person )

Actually. Calacblog said earlier about that same thing. People are sooo hyped about the mod when that's not the purpose at all. It is for mojang and will just be made public anyways
    please tell me this will mean deeper oceans!
    at mo i hate how shallow the oceans are
    Ever thought there may be a use for bunnys?
    http://www.minecraft...rs-twisted-mod/
    Quote from mrgreaper

Yea. Much deeper. If they decide to play with ocean generation when (If) This becomes a thing.
    I was gone for a week and have 15+ pages to go through, but dammit I'm gonna read it all
    ヽ(*・ω・)ノ Be Happy
    Shut up, Duck. ryūgūnōtohimenomotoyuinokirihazushi I'm gonna be here more than on MCF, especially after the upgrade.
    Quote from mrgreaper

u mean the water puddles :P

a 1000 block deep ocean would be epic

I was gone for a week and have 15+ pages to go through, but dammit I'm gonna read it all

Same thing happened to me. And i did read it all
    Server suggestion: Host that is online 24/7.

Cause that's just annoying. . .
    Don't forget to tell Mojang that you. . .
    Well I just read through all the posts I missed. And holy crap all this is awesome. I would say something now about how much I want to see something as soon as possible, but perfection can't be rushed :D

You know what? I'm going to replace that achievement pic I have in my sig with the banner for this topic. This is that awesome.
    Last edited by SuperSupermario24: 8/11/2013 10:03:10 PM
    ヽ(*・ω・)ノ Be Happy
    Shut up, Duck. ryūgūnōtohimenomotoyuinokirihazushi I'm gonna be here more than on MCF, especially after the upgrade.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes