CPU/ALU: arentel 1008, 10 bit 8 function
GPU: ANDEX 2D-lux, 4 bit, 4 draw modes and 2 RAM modes.
RAM: 150 bits of writable memory, 15 slots.
Flash: 1320 bits of program ROM, 60 slots
Size: very big
Default clock speed: 17.8 seconds (overclockable)(NOTE:1.2 IS OVERCLOCKED BY DEF!)
too slow? too little RAM? too simple? find the NEW redgame 2 here! note: harder to program!
I am planning to make an easy to use Java program that can compile code for this computer.
also, this thing has user inputs and conditional branching. it whas 2 screens, a GPU and a binary screen with a decoder (for e.g. scores). these can be changed/used by changing the value in certain ram slots, and executing a function.
The ALU was copied from my old CPU, wich can be found in my chanel.
The GPU was custom-made for the redgame and the redgame 2 before I startd building them. A smaller GPU is on my chanel running paint.
lastly, i did give full credit to the maker of the number screens maker in the credits.
Note: since version 1.2 you do not have to refer to the map for turning on and off, and programming. All buttons can be controlled form spawn, and the program manager is connected via minecart rails.(OK, just by walking,sorry)
RAM acessor(the floating wires)-done
NUMSCREEN- design done,connected
UI(user imput)-done,2 sets
protocol mux(executes functions)-done
Java compiler-started, still serious work to do.
fixed ALU subtractor
added more signs
fixed some bugs.
added glass roof to prevent snow damage
added demo program, instructions included.
MAJOR CHANGES! YAY!
now has a decent, WORKING demo.
ALU addition fixed.I think.
video of operation.
programs can turn off the computer and stop lag. clock and reset are still necessary.
inverted UI fixed.
glitch with GPU that I found while testing the bar graph demo fixed. forgot what it was, related to saving shapes.
code now commented to the max.
clock and everything can now be controlled from the main location.
underground access to progmem
something... I know i'm missing something...
fixed RAM list
added RAM hookups
minor modifications to first page
spelling mistakes fixed
ordered stuff a bit
fixed incorrect input protocol
updated to new functions
got rid of old stuff.
many more little changes.
numberscreen- Minecrafter9, all credit goes to him for the screen, all I did was add a piston monitor and find a way to control it without the normal buttons n levers.
EDIT: downloads for the original RG1 have been taken down, since it doesn't work with modern redstone and it's just plain obselete. but do not fear! you can view /download the newer redgame 2 and 3 with these links:
RG2 (RedGame 2) also getting obselete, but working 100% fine at time of writing. RedGame 2 trailer | RedGame 2 fourm post (with download)
RG3 (RedGame 3) very modern and powerful (relative to the RG1&2) but still buggy. includes a DPI (like USB) system and many awesome things! RedGame 3 trailer | RedGame 3 fourm post (with download)
below posts, to about page 4, are from the WIP. before you post, read the FAQ below:
Q: will this run minecraft in minecraft? crysis?
A: NO, SHUT UP AND STOP ASKING.
Q: MINESEPTION!(or related things)
Q: how do I (insert incredibly easy to do thing here)
A: read the manual, and watch the tutorial video. it explains everything.
Q: what is the point of this?
A: advancement in tech, epicness, adfly money, fun, proof that my life is not worthless, etc.
Q: what can this do?
A: It is capable of conditional branching, taking inputs, and the most epic thing, work with a GPU. I have coded a bar graph program, and it can possibly run a very simple game.
well, it was just an idea i got. And why would anyone make tetris, snake, pong in redstone when they can play it online? :tongue.gif:
And It's not off topic since you happen to have a big and epic redstone computer :tongue.gif:
ooooo, i see. a redstone translator.
I thought you meant Java.
currently, impossible. you whud need 2 dictionaries in minecraft, can an ASCII letter request system. im going ot stick with this project.
in other news: the decoder is doing all sorts of weird things, and I have to trace every wire to the ram cells, all 15 of them. and then I get that 2 numbers request the same cell, redo the tests, again and again...
finally done with decoding the decoder.
this is the RAM table, again don't worry about it, this is just for my compiler and testing purposes. I don't even know why I am posting it. I guess it proves that I did something...
Requested number Request in binary Actual RAM slot
1 1000 15
2 0100 14
3 1100 13
4 0010 1
5 1010 12
6 0110 2
7 1110 11|
8 0001 3
9 1001 10
10 0101 4
11 1101 9
12 0011 5
13 1011 8
14 0111 6
15 1111 7