First 1 Block Wide 3x3 Piston Door? [Now with tileability]

Bit of a disappointment here, by pure chance I built this at an x coordinate that makes it so I can decrease the timing :( Now I have to make that ABBA on the bottom right have 8 ticks on top and 2 on bottom, making it bigger! D: It is the same speed either way, however.
    Quote from TheKeeperOfPie
    Interesting. Csmyers, I tried making your design, but I couldn't get it to work? Mind uploading a save or schematic?
    yeah, read my post...
    Quote from MazeCraft

It was a joke ;) :rolleyes:
    Tileable doors? What would one need them for?

Joke or not, it is done.

Joke or not, it is done.
    I downloaded the save, and I must say this is the single most useless redstone project I have ever seen :P But awesome job! I think the reason you can't do too many doors at once is not because of lag, but because of a block update problem; probably somewhere in the mass of piston pulse limiters.
    In addition, I fixed the door and added a few things that you missed, as well as changed the timing into the side blocks to make it more visually appealing :)

the original picture missed this torch here; also the obsidian is not necessary:
    Here is the current fix for the door:
    Here are the visually appealing timings:
    Last edited by csmyers: 5/2/2012 8:10:52 PM
    to all the posts saying useless. adventure maps. even the most horrendous useless thing has occasional use in adventure maps, imagine the look on someone with very little redstone knowledge's face when this huge 4 thick 3x3 wall opens up to reveal a door layer by layer! i'd say that be worth the speed of it :P
    Quote from Sutoraika

to all the posts saying useless. adventure maps. even the most horrendous useless thing has occasional use in adventure maps, imagine the look on someone with very little redstone knowledge's face when this huge 4 thick 3x3 wall opens up to reveal a door layer by layer! i'd say that be worth the speed of it :P

Imagine a full tunnel of these. o-o Every challenge or puzzle you complete, 1 layer of the tunnel is opened.

Imagine a full tunnel of these. o-o Every challenge or puzzle you complete, 1 layer of the tunnel is opened.

*scribbles notes*
    needs to happen, will bare that in mind for my next map ;) (if it gets made you get credited for the awesome door xD)

-edit- having said that, and imported it into a new world, i cant seem to get it working for some reason, must have copied it wrong, had it all working earlier o.o
    Last edited by Sutoraika: 5/3/2012 3:21:29 PM
    Quote from Sutoraika

*scribbles notes*
    needs to happen, will bare that in mind for my next map ;) (if it gets made you get credited for the awesome door xD)

-edit- having said that, and imported it into a new world, i cant seem to get it working for some reason, must have copied it wrong, had it all working earlier o.o

Unfortunately, the tileable version seems to be direction sensitive, even with the new version I created. Still trying to figure it out.
    So I was on the MCAddict server when Selulance counted my finalized one-wide as 16x13x1, area 208. 7x3x10 = 210 O.o
    This means my one-wide is the smallest 3x3 in Minecraft!
    Quote from csmyers

So I was on the MCAddict server when Selulance counted my finalized one-wide as 16x13x1, area 208. 7x3x10 = 210 O.o
    This means my one-wide is the smallest 3x3 in Minecraft!

Nice. o-o Glad to see my thread actually accomplished something.

Nice. o-o Glad to see my thread actually accomplished something.
    Well, after optimizing further: 14x11!
    Last edited by csmyers: 5/5/2012 4:51:25 PM
    Quote from csmyers

Well, after optimizing further: 14x11!

Very nice! I'll give it a go. Just trying to work out the notation for this design (I'm a bit unsure of the parts I can't see)
    How's this?

"This is my timey wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff."
    very nice, though like others have said its not very praticle, I think it would be more praticly if the build ceiling of the game was higher up and if the bed rock was lower, that way you could have a really large base hidding in a mountain and use this kind of door and it wouldnt take up most wall space at all :P
    WOW :D This is very interesting :)
    Quote from MazeCraft

Tileable doors? What would one need them for?

I can find a use... *evil laugh* But no, seriously, I thought of a use.
    Quote from Bgdojo »
    Haters going to hate, but you will never see them create.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bobthejeffmonkeys
    Quote from musicaldelial »

Quote from rock0head132 »
    Spiders be climbing in yo windows?

snatchin yo people up?

[simg]http://i51.tinypic.com/2vhu642.jpg[/simg]
    I hardly think that this is useless, it is a great thing to have another asthetic choice. What purpose do piston doors have besides asthetics and maybe secrecy. Like Sutoraika mentioned I also think having a multilayered door would be quite impressive. GJ csmyers! :)
    All hail the command line
    Where is the input in csmeyer's design?
    I scored 100% on the Minecraft Trivia Quiz. How much do you know about Minecraft?
    Quote from ZeldaJH

Where is the input in csmeyer's design?

It's the block at X 7 and Y 13 in Curufea's diagram.

BTW, a typo 5,8 and 5,9 should be P1 not R1
    "This is my timey wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff."

input is at block (7,11) :P
    In (x,y) format
    Last edited by csmyers: 6/4/2012 2:21:08 AM
    Wow, so I just spent an afternoon working my butt off and finally came up with my own tileable 3x3 design :)
    It measures at 12x18x1, and in my testing has worked in both orientations and is not coordinate dependent :)
    Last edited by csmyers: 6/4/2012 7:33:21 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes