Rage About Invisibility Potions!

Something thats good with Invisibility Potion is that you have to risk stuff... Making you weak... But it grants you the ability of invisibility... I like the idea of risking stuff ^^
    It will be good for bowmans... What i heard you wont see nametags which makes you the perfect sneaky archer... I LOVE IT!
    Quote from crysis9999

Something thats good with Invisibility Potion is that you have to risk stuff... Making you weak... But it grants you the ability of invisibility... I like the idea of risking stuff ^^
    It will be good for bowmans... What i heard you wont see nametags which makes you the perfect sneaky archer... I LOVE IT!

Oh look, it's a floating bow pointed at me with pretty swirlires around it. It won't shoot an arrow at me. Nope.
    Did something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?‚Äč
    Quote from Kholdstare

Oh look, it's a floating bow pointed at me with pretty swirlires around it. It won't shoot an arrow at me. Nope.

Note that i said no nametag... Also you can have an empty hand while waiting for the victim... You know an assassin must be skilled... This is about skills my friend
    Let's not forget that @Jeb_ is planning on making the particles much less noticeable than they are in the image.

Source:

https://twitter.com/Caker_Oats/status/236161297195102208

True, I could tune it down when the player is invisible
    Last edited by Skylinerw: 8/17/2012 7:40:28 PM
    Quote from Black_Drath

Well from what I understand, the invisibility potion will make you invisible, particles will will be emitted but will be tuned down, (https://twitter.com/...161373502050304) nameplates will also be hidden, and armour and held items will still be visible.
    I reckon this is the best way it could possibly work. Players are impossible to detect from a distance, with nothing equipped, but can be detected when nearby if the player is alert.
    Also, I hope mobs cannot detect you when invisible. Otherwise what's the point of it in singleplayer?

Also, players that rage about new features are generally misinformed or misguided. Those people don't tend to read Jeb's twitter I wouldn't have thought. Wait until they are implemented and there will be a bunch of "This ruins PvP!" threads.

This is my thought
    Quote from haxjagarn

Sooo if this potion renders mobs harmless in survival, would that mean that new mobs can't start to chase you but those already chasing you still does? Or would it be so that you need to remove EVERY piece of armor AND have nothing in your hand in order for mobs to not chase you around?

I suspect that they will just make it so that the mobs behave like they do in creative, but it depends on how the method for the mob to get a target works, or they could make it so that mobs that are chasing you continue to do so. I think they could do it ether way, just depends how they want it to work.
    Oh, look: http://www.minecraft...t-invisibility/ :rolleyes:

It was only a matter of time.

First thing I'm going to do is run around invisible with a pumpkin on my head.
    Last edited by Bumber: 8/17/2012 8:34:37 PM

I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.
    I think it would be fun to have 'animated armour' enemies in adventure maps too. Zombie + invisibility potion + armour and sword = awesome. Too bad they'll still make zombie noises...
    Being invisible with only a sword showing, reminds me of this guy
    build your portals closer than ever
    Why complain? It'll be a joy in multiplayer servers!
    Also in the picture you can see the item in there hand so Sneaking with a diamond sword wont work either :P
    But it will be a quick means of leaving a area when things get ... troublesome.

You should become semi transparent when you bump into someone
    Knowing is 1/3 of the battle
    Quote from FieryMimiga

Could the particles still be seen? If then you're only screwed if you have particles off.

Lol crappy potion much this will only help hide the name than
    I just hope the particles aren't too noticable. I'd really prefer they just got rid of the the particles completely. You can still hear the invisible guy walking, and see the particles when he's running. Also, if they ever implement footprints being left in the snow, that would give you another thing to consider before using an invisibility potion to sneak up on some guy's frozen cabin
    Quote from Koadmaster

I suspect that they will just make it so that the mobs behave like they do in creative, but it depends on how the method for the mob to get a target works, or they could make it so that mobs that are chasing you continue to do so. I think they could do it ether way, just depends how they want it to work.
    Cool, cool. Still hopes the tamed wolf attacks the invisible enemy or player if he/she/it attacks you
    build your portals closer than ever
    Quote from Koadmaster
    Maybe they should chase/attack you unless you hold still or sneak (since they can hear your footsteps.) Spiders might see through invisibility potions (given that they can see you through walls.) For PVP purposes, holding still or sneaking hides the particle effect. This makes for a less powerful potion (which might justify a long duration.)
    Last edited by Bumber: 8/20/2012 12:48:49 PM

I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.
    Griefers can grief only with their hands if they want not to be seen, because if they use pickaxe, the pickaxe can be seen.
    Also i'm thinking that how could the invisibility potion work in single player. Mobs don't see you?
    ~ Joppi
    Can see this adding to the problem of greifing, but I doubt any greifer will take the time to get the resources to make something like that. (I am assuming it will be expensive to make.) But otherwise, it adds a great item for PvP and match-based PvP servers, as it makes infiltration that much more crazy and chaotic.
    i will probably only use it to hide my nameplate if i think someone is going to try to greif me and when they enter beat the crap out of them
    im too lazy to tink of something better to put here so i will put this. cheesefingerchickenpizzalemon wow why are you still reading this is is not amazing, not special, not all that original or even cool?
    Quote from haxjagarn

Being invisible with only a sword showing, reminds me of this guy
    -snip-

Best miniboss in the best temple ever <3
    On Topic: I still don't see the point of this thread.
    Pessism can be fun in a forum full of optimists and kids.
    Quote from Knochenbowser

Best miniboss in the best temple ever <3
    On Topic: I still don't see the point of this thread.

I believe the original idea was to discuss on how there is so little hate on invisibility potions. I would like to believe this is because they are well balanced and everyone is happy with them.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes