Minecon 2012 Capes Are Out!

I haven't been to any Minecons but that doesn't look like a gold pickaxe, it looks like a wooden pickaxe. The gold color would be closer to the block visible in the background picture. However, since the image does seem to be a little dark, can anyone at Minecon with this year's cape please get a better picture of it?

I'm hoping this is just bad photography and not a goof on Mojang's part! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
    Quote from ElephantBroham

Makes me wish I went....

You can not unless you become a part of Mojang, or you translated the game for Jeb.
    You can by using mods, or donating to Optifine.
    Honestly I like the one I got at last year's Minecon better. This year's is just.... ugly.
    Quote from Chaospillager

I don't care what anyone says! I AM GOING TO MINECON NEXT YEAR!
    I hope It is in Australia next year.
    will they ever make it so that regular players can use custom capes. not just Mojang Staff and Minecon attendees?

"Also goes by the name SomeMaineBrony"
    Is Mark on minecon?? guess so hes rich :P
    PIPL MAST TRAST AS ! -Ingrid Antičević Marinović
    Is there a chance that we could get the capes for free? I would like to go but minecon is never in England and my parents wont let me go to France just for a minecraft thing :/
    Quote from kr4m123

Is there a chance that we could get the capes for free? I would like to go but minecon is never in England and my parents wont let me go to France just for a minecraft thing :/

There might be a custom cape thingy in the future but you can't get it yet. Also, please stop spamming.

"Minecon is never in England"; Well... There has been minecon only 2 times by now... It will come to england some year..
    Kr4m123, you can't get an OFFICIAL MineCon cape that EVERYONE can see, but you could use a mod called Mccapes to make your own cape or select capes from their website. However, this way, only people with the mod can see your cape, compared to the entire community seeing your MineCon cape.

Why, yes, I am a brony.
    Gotta agree with using MCCapes. Limiting an in-game feature to the lucky (living in a Minecon-hosting area) and the extremely rich has always been a terrible idea.

If my experience playing (a lot of) Trouble in Mineville lately is any indication, a huge number of people use this mod.
    Quote from Miraglyth

Gotta agree with using MCCapes. Limiting an in-game feature to the lucky (living in a Minecon-hosting area) and the extremely rich has always been a terrible idea.

If my experience playing (a lot of) Trouble in Mineville lately is any indication, a huge number of people use this mod.

Exactly what I think.
    I didn't go to Minecon. Tickets are always sold out :(
    "You are either a coward to live long enough or a hero that dies to succeed."
    Quote from Maddognils

Should have made a new one for this year, very lazy imo. Whatever.

This is a new cape...
    NO! is the greatest word known to mankind.
    The whining is strong in this thread already. Life isn't always fair and you can't always get what you want. Capes are a exclusive bonus for those who attend minecon and likely always will be. Trust me they don't get you any special treatment.
    Quote from LtKernelPanic

Trust me they don't get you any special treatment.

Except major attention on servers, and more likely to get OP powers. (On my experience)
    Quote from Sacheverell

It is Markilion and who more?

Quote from Skyblu10

Ew, it's Markillion.

Capes look nice.

There is Mark. Can he get on the server with that cape, I want to see it.
    Last edited by Dempa1997: 11/25/2012 2:58:58 PM
    Citizen] Dempa1997 / A-Guard] ComputerMaster97 On Killion Detention Center
    IP: killion.evolutiongaming.org
    Quote from DogsRNice

all your cape are belong to us

Hi, dogs. Nice to see you somewhere else other than on EMC :)

Looks pretty nice, but I prefer the Red Creeper cape. Also, next year's HAS to be in the UK. That's the only way I can go, because I can't afford to go abroad.
    Last edited by DoomTray: 11/25/2012 3:37:01 PM
    Quote from Pintopinata

This is a new cape...

I think he meant that they should have made a new design, because it's not exactly a new cape.

For the first MineCon, there was a poll. They asked the minecraft community which cape they liked best. The MineCon cape for 2012 is just recycled from the choices; it was the second most popular. Perhaps for next year's MineCon, they'll just choose the third most popular cape and so on and so forth.

Here's the source:
    http://www.mojang.co...on-swag-cloaks/

All and all, cool for the people who went to MineCon. I'd still prefer to use my own texture for a cape; I'll just keep using a mod.
    Last edited by GreenPeas: 11/25/2012 3:54:29 PM
    I wish Mojang would sell Capes. Maybe I'll be able to go to Minecon next year though.
    Imma sign my name because you TOTALLY can't read it right above my profile pic and everyone loves to see more of my name.

-RurounileftyTim
    i really wish that there was a way to get capes without going somewhere in the world for a cape and why doesn't minecon come somewhere in Canada i would probably go
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes