How do I spawn Chicken Jockeys?

Quote from Nepenthesis

Why would a fast zombie need to ride a slow, passive chicken?

Because it can?

Anyway, they're not slow or passive. They move as quickly as regular baby zombies (ie damn quick), but they take no fall damage - and they will directly attack players from about 50 blocks away.
    ---
    If I helped a bit, please click the little or thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!
    Quote from thesheepcompany

As far as I know, the only way to trap them is to filter them with a water trap (zombies fall to death or into lava, chicken don't die and get swept away by water as they float.

At the bottom of the drop, you could have a 1-high gap on one side. They'll go in and suffocate.

You could either have it at the front so they head towards you where you're killing the others, or - if that is awkward - you could attract them in a different direction by putting a villager on the other side. They'll head straight towards a villager rather than the player, unless you hit them.

And it's reasonably easy to get a villager in a zombie spawner area, by curing 1 zomb villager.

If you're not keen on the auto-suffocate idea, you could put a piece of cactus in there, but watch it because cactus (or the lava you mentioned) will destroy at least some drops. So just letting it suffocate itself is probably easier.

I don't think it'll cause much of an issue though, because they only seem to spawn about 1 time in 1000.

HTH

EDIT: PS, another option that I've used in the past, if you are just killing everything for drops and not looking for XP, is put an iron golem in the bottom to kill any that survive the drop.
    Last edited by A_Herb: 12/6/2013 12:15:07 AM
    ---
    If I helped a bit, please click the little or thingy on my post, to give me 'reputation'. Thanks!
    jocky:

-spider jocky
    -human jocky
    -chicken jocky

what next D:?

sheep jocky? creepers riding sheep.
    pig jocky? a zombie pigman riding a pig
    ender jocky? an enderman riding the dragon x3?

Quote from Walt_Disney_II

jocky:

-spider jocky
    -human jocky
    -chicken jocky

what next D:?

sheep jocky? creepers riding sheep.
    pig jocky? a zombie pigman riding a pig
    ender jocky? an enderman riding the dragon x3?

Possibly an upside-down skeleton riding a skeleton so it looks like a deformed rabbit :-s

That comes from a tweet which dinnerbone retweeted.
    ---
    Quote from Bluberrypie478

Well, you can stack mobs on top of each other, if that counts...

They do spawn naturally, but very rare, like spider jockeys
    dinnerbone added them in 1.7.3
    Quote from SKVLLFAC3

dinnerbone added them in 1.7.3

It was in Snapshot 13w49a, but yes, he's just put up a pre-release of 1.7.3 (in the past few minutes).

I checked, and the new mobs still spawn rarely from zombie spawn eggs (and presumably spawners and natural spawning, but I didn't actually re-check that yet).
    ---
    Chicken-jockey don't...
    what the heck?

I don't know, maybe they don't spawn from spawn eggs

I like to play games, I like to laugh maniacally when playing games.
    Quote from Mr_KEKEKE

Chicken-jockey don't...
    what the heck?

I don't know, maybe they don't spawn from spawn eggs

They do. About 1/1000 zombie spawn eggs produces a chicken jockey. (Rough guess).
    ---
    Quote from A_Herb

Possibly an upside-down skeleton riding a skeleton so it looks like a deformed rabbit :-s

Well that does it - think next update is the jockey update.
    A Space Oddyssey Forever.
    [url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1832209-actual-reason-why-you-should-not-call-gold-budder/"][img]http://i.imgur.com/Yiw4r1R.jpg[/img][/url]
    Just use this command in chat (with cheats enabled):

/summon Zombie ~ ~ ~ {Riding:{id:Chicken}, IsBaby:1}

Behaves like a naturally spawned Chicken Jockey.
    The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
    Don't PM me about petty/small things, you will be ignored.
    My heavily work in progress MPI: https://github.com/Niadel/N-API
    Firm hater of FireRockerzStudios since 2012. Oh, and you can thank SynthTones for my avatar :D
    Quote from A_Herb

wow lawl xD we need that

Yeah, as far as I'm aware, there are no Chicken Jockeys...
    Well I'll be darned.

Lol, I think I can die happy now. That's pretty cute.
    Last edited by RawrTara: 12/6/2013 12:29:25 PM
    My posts will always have typos and that fact will always drive me crazy.

Quote from TheMasterCaver

They are real; I just tested it:

(I made the tower so zombies would fall to their death, avoiding having too many at once)

Wait WHAT?! They do! I'm going insane!
    Type this, but it spawn a adult zombie jockey: /summon Zombie ~ ~ ~ {Riding:{id:"Chicken"}}
    I'm an official member of Team Potato! Yay!
    Click Me! ↓
    Quote from Nepenthesis

Why would a fast zombie need to ride a slow, passive chicken?
    Chickens are evil. Oh believe me, they are evil. The next thing you know they will be hiding inside your chest, meddling with your sword, until they hear you coming back, and then they prepare themselves for vengeance of their fallen brothers...
    With a command block, I believe.
    a.k.a Serinus flaviventris.
    Quote from CanaryCasserole

With a command block, I believe.

What are you replying to?
    ---
    Quote from A_Herb

What are you replying to?
    I believe he was just replying to the question in the title.
    ヽ(*・ω・)ノ Be Happy
    Shut up, Duck. ryūgūnōtohimenomotoyuinokirihazushi I'm gonna be here more than on MCF, especially after the upgrade.
    Mind blown, this is going to be awesome.
    Quote from LiLChris

Mind blown, this is going to be awesome.

I, for one, welcome our new baby-zombie-chicken-jockey overlords.

---
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes