Mob Spawning Observations and Tests - updated 8/28/13

Quote from sirdave79

As I recall when using MSC, chunk spawning/non-despawning mobs interferred and largely with the spawn of non despawning mobs. When significant spawnweight was set, non-despawners/chunk gen spawn spawned and seemed to prevent the spawn of other mobs.

Oh no! SirDave has become SirHumphrey - I've read that three times and still dont understand it :unsure:
    Last edited by MohawkyMagoo: 5/9/2013 7:34:11 AM
    All of the mods I use are described and linked in my Profile page, plus hints and tips on how to use them.
    Quote from MohawkyMagoo

Oh no! SirDave has become SirHumphrey - I've read that three times and still dont understand it :unsure:

I believe the point was about how non-despawning creatures can take over the cap preventing creatures that do despawn from appearing. Of course I could be misinterpreting.
    What I actually meant was, lets say i had PZ armdillos (non de spawning by default at the time) set to 4/1/1 and 5 other mobs all set to 10/1/1, what I actually saw was that armdillos seemed to spawn as expected but they semmed to prevent non despawning mobs from spawning and yes eventually taking over the cap as nothing else was spawning, but with all other mobs set to mroe than double the weight I would expect to see large numbers of other but actually did not see this.

When they were changed to despawn this effect went away.

The same was also true with chunk generation for vanilla. When they were set to anything other than 1/1/1 they seemed to prevent other mobs spawning.

Actually it might be non-despawning only and nothing to do with chunk gen because as I recall vanilla animals spawn "normally" under MSC continuing to spawn after chunk gen.

I also bserved this phenomenon with atmosmobs bison, all 3 examples being non despawning and in my experience prevented despawners from spawning in the first place.
    Last edited by sirdave79: 5/9/2013 4:03:00 PM
    Quote from sirdave79

What I actually meant was, lets say i had PZ armdillos (non de spawning by default at the time) set to 4/1/1 and 5 other mobs all set to 10/1/1, what I actually saw was that armdillos seemed to spawn as expected but they semmed to prevent non despawning mobs from spawning and yes eventually taking over the cap as nothing else was spawning, but with all other mobs set to mroe than double the weight I would expect to see large numbers of other but actually did not see this.

When they were changed to despawn this effect went away.

The same was also true with chunk generation for vanilla. When they were set to anything other than 1/1/1 they seemed to prevent other mobs spawning.

Actually it might be non-despawning only and nothing to do with chunk gen because as I recall vanilla animals spawn "normally" under MSC continuing to spawn after chunk gen.

I also bserved this phenomenon with atmosmobs bison, all 3 examples being non despawning and in my experience prevented despawners from spawning in the first place.

Hmm. Lets see if I got this straight. You think that maybe non-despawning entities might have been getting preference over despawning entities regardless of weighting the despawners higher?

Given how crazy entity spawning is I have no idea if this is possible or not. Maybe it was just the fact that you saw less of the despawning entities, even with a higher weight, due to their despawning? If you have 3 of 'mob a' spawn and 2 of 'mob b,' and then one or two of 'mob a' despawned while 'mob b' was persistent it could give the appearance of a preference to the non-despawner even before the cap was reached; as far as I know despawning happens regardless of what the respective entity cap is at.

Meh, who knows (I sure don't, I am not a programmer or anything). All this spawning stuff is so hard to keep straight; makes my head spin at times.

Now off to try and see if I can determine if/how CMS despawning is interacting with JAS. Yay... :wacko:
    I've actually reached my peace with using Mo Creatures so far as animals are concerned. I get a relatively decent mix so far, no doubt on account of the vanilla creatures being set to not despawn. Now I've realised that MSC was responsible for the spawn droughts, I'm just running with CMS configured to leave vanilla (and other mods) alone.

However, monsters are far more of a problem. While I've tried setting all the MoC monsters to a spawn weight of 1, as they're only competing with eachother, I'm still getting swamped with them. While I should have plenty of monsters from vanilla and other mods on the vanilla monster spawn table, it appears that the monster spawn cap is being reached by MoC creatures before it gets around to the vanilla table.

I suspect turning off all the MoC monsters completely might get the creepers and zombies appearing again, but that would be a bit of a shame, as MoC does have some interesting monsters. But werewolves, ogres and flame wraiths need to be rare! (Though I turned Big Golems off the moment I saw how much destruction they wreak on the environment. Those things are crazy). Has anyone had better luck getting the monsters to behave, and spawn in a more balanced fashion?

Edit: Turning off all MOC's monsters sorted it out for now. It's not an ideal solution, but it was particularly messing up the underground spawning. I'm glad I at least got the animals working ok.
    Last edited by Arkenor: 5/9/2013 9:26:12 PM
    Quote from Arkenor

Has anyone had better luck getting the monsters to behave, and spawn in a more balanced fashion?

Not yet, but I have just recently started messing with my mob mods and spawn settings. Of course I am using JAS instead of CMS, which I have been able to effectively disable by setting the spawn-rates of all monsters to 1 and removing them from all biome-groups giving CMS no where to spawn them. In my few tests it also seems that CMS isn't altering the despawn behavior of JAS which is good.

Of course once the bug with simply disabling the use CMS is fixed so the game doesn't crash things should be much easier and not need a hackish workaround.

Now I am working on figuring out how I am going to divide and group all the biomes.
    SageEthereal thats basically what I am saying yes. That was what i experienced when I tested MSC extensively with atmosmobs mo creatures and project zulu back in february every day for too long for 2 weeks before giving up on for other reasons, the main one being "the death of spawns" which exacerbates non-despawners overtaking a cap.

As described, If I wanted to balance the # of successful spawn occasions of despawning and non-despawning mobs against each other I had to give higher weight to the despawners or lower weight to the non desapwners.

One of the tests I used to do to check spawn behaviour against the numbers Id set and what I actually saw was to clear the MSC configs and spin a new world, make sure nothing was around. Then swap my MSC configs for my pre populated spawn configs. At no stage did the despawners ever spawn in the numbers id expect from the spawn weights I set. In fact most of the time if I had a non-despawner set to spawn i would be hard pressed to find a single despaning mob at all.

And then I would fly in creative mode 500 blocks away so was looking at new chunks, with freshly spawned mobs. I never noticed a difference in this behaviour between the initial spawn location and some random location 500 blocks away.

I span quite a few worlds during my test period,

Ive not tested JAS yet. I would have assumed it would be the same but the reports would suggest otherwise, also CrudeDragos is pretty good at what he does it seems, so now im working to the assumption the JAS numbers will make more sense.

Ill probably test JAS when atmosmobs comes out for 1.5.1....

Arkenor what your decribing sounds like CMS usual behaviour for spawning mobs using CMS against miobs not using CMS. ie with just mo creatures in v 4.5.1 on MC 1.4.7 (and versions going back to MC 1.2.5) my experience has been that CMS spawning mo creatures mobs always overpower vanilla spawns not using CMS.

One can turn on CMS for vanilla mobs but this introduces the problem of vanilla animals being spawned under CMS also resulting in large numbers of fast spawning non-despawning (by default - not investigated the latest versions of mo creatures properly) mobs that I dont want in my world.

I was hoping that the newest version of mo creatures (before 4.5.1) that was reported by the authors to have support CMS for mod added mobs would allow we to use CMS in the animal categorey and not in the monster categorey but this was hopeful on my part and has not happened.

When CMS is not enabled for vanilla I can never get mo creatures hostiles balanced with vanilla at all.

Hope that makes sense
    Last edited by sirdave79: 5/10/2013 12:39:34 PM
    Right, get what you mean SirDave and yes, that was my experience of MSC mostly too. The death of spawns is a real issue with it.

Heres a thought - "the observer, in the act of observing, changes the nature of that which is being observed..............."

In that if you try to observe the spawning process whilst on creative in survival, the results will be abnormal. The only way to observe spawning patterns and behaviour is on survival, in survival. There are a number of reasons for this I think - the first one being that I believe spawns are generated in a sphere around the player? So if you are flying a lot in creative on survival, your "sphere of influence" isnt touching areas of the world it would normally, and so skewing the results. You are also, in general, moving much faster than normal and generating more chunks than you would in normal gameplay, so mobs that spawn with chunks tend to predominate. Secondly, I think some mob generations from certain mods are also affected by the game mode - whether survival or creative.

I only work in adventure maps on Peaceful when in creative but the other day accidentally left it on survival when doing so. The difference this made to mob spawning when we came to play the world was huge. For example, Goblin spawners and Better Dungeons spawners had activated and the mobs had wandered all over the place. It also meant that there were many non-despawners who were still present from the previous creative sessions, and these, as previously noted, build up and hog the spawn cap. There was a noted lack of spawns underground - primarily because my creative work had been on surface buildings that were quite tall. So at lot of mobs had generated on the surface, but not so many depper down. or so it seemed to us.

At the moment, i'm waiting to see and test the changes in CMS next version, and if it still doesnt work, will bite the bullet and have a go at the complexity that is JAS.
    Last edited by MohawkyMagoo: 5/11/2013 12:52:16 AM
    All of the mods I use are described and linked in my Profile page, plus hints and tips on how to use them.
    Quote from MohawkyMagoo

At the moment, i'm waiting to see and test the changes in CMS next version, and if it still doesnt work, will bite the bullet and have a go at the complexity that is JAS.

JAS isn't that bad once you get your head around the differences between {spawn} and {!spawn}. Once I started to understand that most of the rest seemed pretty natural in terms of configuring the spawning/despawning of entities.
    cool
    Not directly a spawning topic - but does anyone know which mod introduces a biome called DEEP OCEAN into the mix ? Its causing me spawning problems because I cant track it down in any config.

EDIT - got it - Myths and Monsters - it adds two biomes without giving a config ID number. So they could be, and probabaly are, clashing with other biomes.
    Last edited by MohawkyMagoo: 5/11/2013 4:26:33 AM
    Oho! The Dev versions of the new MoC and CMS are upon us. Let the testing begin!

Edit: MoC Monster spawns still take priority over ones on the vanilla spawning table, regardless of what you set their weight at. Hmm. Let's see what happens when you use the option to turn CMS off.

With CMS turned off, no MoC entities of any sort spawn. I'd hoped that they would insert themselves into the vanilla table using the biomes and weights described in their config, but that's OK. I guess they can be added via the spawn manager of your choice. Which would have been perfect for me until I learned MSC kills your spawning. (Does anyone know if MSC2 has the same problem?)

Then there's the other option. Inserting everything from everywhere else into CMS. It does have cfg files for some of the mods I have installed, though not all (No sign of Rencraft penguins, or Farlanders. And the Project Zulu cfg is blank.), which is a bit worrying. Still, it's clear a lot of work has been done on making it easier to get mods to work.

Edit: Aha, Project Zulu's creatures seem to have ended up in com.cfg. Com.cfg also duplicated entries from other config files such as the Thaumcraft mobs, so that's probably not quite right either.

I'm probably going to stick with just using not using MoC's monsters for now. (Though I could change the wolves and rats into animals. Hmm. Might try that. ) Handily, there's a new setting for that so we don't need to fiddle with their individual settings.

# Allow monsters to spawn. Turn off to disable all monster entity types.
    B:spawnMonsters=false
    Last edited by Arkenor: 5/11/2013 2:14:54 PM
    Ho Ho, everything changes when you look !

Usually after flying to new chunks I would land go to survivial mode and then wait for 10 minutes, then have a look what was around.

Flying to new chunks beat spinning a new world every time I changed the spawn.
    Last edited by sirdave79: 5/11/2013 2:46:29 PM
    Quote from Arkenor

Oho! The Dev versions of the new MoC and CMS are upon us. Let the testing begin!

Edit: MoC Monster spawns still take priority over ones on the vanilla spawning table, regardless of what you set their weight at. Hmm. Let's see what happens when you use the option to turn CMS off.

CMS/Vanilla spawning tables are completely seperate. Setting weight on CMS side has no affect on vanilla. Any custom entities defined with no biomegroups will be left untouched on vanilla spawning tables by default unless you explicity set the frequency to 0 on CMS side. It is up to the user to configure it correctly for CMS. I'm sure many users will start to share their configs once they figure out the best balance.

Quote from Arkenor

With CMS turned off, no MoC entities of any sort spawn. I'd hoped that they would insert themselves into the vanilla table using the biomes and weights described in their config, but that's OK. I guess they can be added via the spawn manager of your choice. Which would have been perfect for me until I learned MSC kills your spawning. (Does anyone know if MSC2 has the same problem?)

Bug with MSC2 with how it is reading spawnlists.

Quote from Arkenor

Then there's the other option. Inserting everything from everywhere else into CMS. It does have cfg files for some of the mods I have installed, though not all (No sign of Rencraft penguins, or Farlanders. And the Project Zulu cfg is blank.), which is a bit worrying. Still, it's clear a lot of work has been done on making it easier to get mods to work.

Edit: Aha, Project Zulu's creatures seem to have ended up in com.cfg. Com.cfg also duplicated entries from other config files such as the Thaumcraft mobs, so that's probably not quite right either.

I'm probably going to stick with just using not using MoC's monsters for now. (Though I could change the wolves and rats into animals. Hmm. Might try that. ) Handily, there's a new setting for that so we don't need to fiddle with their individual settings.

I don't understand how ProjectZulu is being created as "com.cfg". The way it *should* work is you setup the mod-mappings in MoCGlobal.cfg with the file it should go to. So for example, since ProjectZulu uses "projectzulu" in its package name, that is what i use to map to ProjectZulu.cfg as shown here :
    mod-mappings {
        S:arsmagica <ARS:ArsMagica.cfg>
        S:atomicstryker <ATOM:InfernalMobs.cfg>
        S:biomesop <BOP:BiomesOPlenty.cfg>
        S:drzhark <MOC:MoCreatures.cfg>
        S:extrabiomes <XL:ExtraBiomesXL.cfg>
        S:gaia <GAI:GrimoireOfGaia.cfg>
        S:projectzulu <ZULU:projectzulu.cfg>
        S:thaumcraft <TC:Thaumcraft.cfg>
        S:twilightforest <TL:TwilightForest.cfg>
        S:undefined <U:Undefined.cfg>
        S:vanilla <MC:Vanilla.cfg>
    }

As each entity is read, I check the class name to see if it contains one of my mappings and if so place it in the mapped cfg. The tags are mainly used for handling duplicate biome names. When you define a biomegroup, you must use the correct tag and name like so "TAG|Biomename".

Can you verify that your project zulu mod zip/jar contains "projectzulu" in its package name? And if so, turn on debuglogging and paste me the output.

As for Farlanders, the package name they use is "net.minecraft". I was originally setting this name to vanilla for use in eclipse but i have no switched it to "net.minecraft.entity". I'm currently testing Rancraft and Farlanders and will let you know when it is working.

I also added the ability for MoCreatures to automatically generate new mods that are not currently in mod-mappings. Any mapping that gets generated like this will have a comment "automatically generated" above its comment in MoCGlobal.cfg. However there is a bug with this in current release and has been fixed. I will update the file shortly.

Hope this helps =)
    Last edited by bloodshot45: 5/11/2013 7:12:12 PM

Help me support Mo Creatures SMP by donating for my time and effort=)
    Quote from bloodshot45

CMS/Vanilla spawning tables are completely seperate. Setting weight on CMS side has no affect on vanilla. Any custom entities defined with no biomegroups will be added to vanilla spawning tables by default unless you explicity set the frequency to 0 on CMS side. It is up to the user to configure it correctly for CMS.

When we have Vanilla and CMS both spawning monsters, the overwhelming majority of them will be MoC ones. That's the problem I was trying to sort out. My flailing around with weights and reducing the number of MoC monsters was born of desperation, in the hope that having less monsters to choose from might get it to give the vanilla spawner a chance to make a creeper or two. It's a problem many people on this thread can confirm. For whatever reason, it does not appear to be an issue with animals.

RE: Project Zulu, I'm using ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip

This is the contents of my com.cfg

# Configuration file

####################
    # entity-biome-settings
    ####################

entity-biome-settings {
    S:Armadillo <>
    S:Beaver <>
    S:BlueFinch <>
    S:Bug <>
    S:Centipede <>
    S:Crocodile <>
    S:Dikdik <>
    S:Eagle <>
    S:ElfHunter <>
    S:EnderLord <>
    S:ExplodingTermite <>
    S:FireDemon <>
    S:Flamingo <>
    S:FlyingBook <>
    S:Follower <>
    S:Frog <>
    S:Gemsbok <>
    S:Giraffe <>
    S:Gorilla <>
    S:GreenFinch <>
    S:HauntedArmor <>
    S:HornBill <>
    S:Hyena <>
    S:LightningSpirit <>
    S:Linkbook <>
    S:Lion <>
    S:Lioness <>
    S:Lizard <>
    S:Mammoth <>
    S:Mimic <>
    S:Minotaur <>
    S:Mummy <>
    S:MummyPharaoh <>
    S:Outlander <>
    S:Outlandess <>
    S:Pelican <>
    S:Pumbaa <>
    S:Rafiki <>
    S:RedFinch <>
    S:Rhino <>
    S:SandWorm <>
    S:Scar <>
    S:Simba <>
    S:SkeletalHyena <>
    S:SkeletalHyenaHead <>
    S:SnowBeast <>
    S:TermiteQueen <>
    S:TicketLion <>
    S:Timon <>
    S:TreeEnt <>
    S:Vulture <>
    S:Zazu <>
    S:Zebra <>
    S:Zira <>
    S:entBrainyZombie <>
    S:entFirebat <>
    S:entGiantBrainyZombie <>
    S:entGolemClay <>
    S:entGolemClayAdv <>
    S:entGolemIron <>
    S:entGolemStone <>
    S:entGolemStoneAdv <>
    S:entGolemStraw <>
    S:entGolemTallow <>
    S:entGolemTallowAdv <>
    S:entGolemWood <>
    S:entWisp <>
    }

####################
    # entity-spawn-settings
    ####################

entity-spawn-settings {
    S:Armadillo
    S:Beaver
    S:BlueFinch
    S:Bug
    S:Centipede
    S:Crocodile
    S:Dikdik
    S:Eagle
    S:ElfHunter
    S:EnderLord
    S:ExplodingTermite
    S:FireDemon
    S:Flamingo
    S:FlyingBook
    S:Follower
    S:Frog
    S:Gemsbok
    S:Giraffe
    S:Gorilla
    S:GreenFinch
    S:HauntedArmor
    S:HornBill
    S:Hyena
    S:LightningSpirit
    S:Linkbook
    S:Lion
    S:Lioness
    S:Lizard
    S:Mammoth
    S:Mimic
    S:Minotaur
    S:Mummy
    S:MummyPharaoh
    S:Outlander
    S:Outlandess
    S:Pelican
    S:Pumbaa
    S:Rafiki
    S:RedFinch
    S:Rhino
    S:SandWorm
    S:Scar
    S:Simba
    S:SkeletalHyena
    S:SkeletalHyenaHead
    S:SnowBeast
    S:TermiteQueen
    S:TicketLion
    S:Timon
    S:TreeEnt
    S:Vulture
    S:Zazu
    S:Zebra
    S:Zira
    S:entBrainyZombie
    S:entFirebat
    S:entGiantBrainyZombie
    S:entGolemClay
    S:entGolemClayAdv
    S:entGolemIron
    S:entGolemStone
    S:entGolemStoneAdv
    S:entGolemStraw
    S:entGolemTallow
    S:entGolemTallowAdv
    S:entGolemWood
    S:entWisp
    }

There's Project Zulu in there, Thaumcraft, and some Lion King. The Flying Book from Enhanced Books. Possibly other stuff. All except Zulu also have their own files which have entires for the same creatures that are in com.cfg. It seemed to me that some of the files were written when launching Minecraft, and then some were written when actually creating the world.

I'll go get you those log files you asked for.

Edit: OK, this is kind of huge. Hopefully this is the bit you're interested in.

Part 1: http://pastebin.com/8dNZckfX
    Part 2: http://pastebin.com/ayQFUnay
    Last edited by Arkenor: 5/11/2013 7:36:45 PM
    Quote from Arkenor

When we have Vanilla and CMS both spawning monsters, the overwhelming majority of them will be MoC ones. That's the problem I was trying to sort out. My flailing around with weights was born of desperation. It's a problem many people on this thread can confirm. For whatever reason, it does not appear to be an issue with animals.

RE: Project Zulu, I'm using ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip

This is the contents of my com.cfg

# Configuration file

####################
    # entity-biome-settings
    ####################

entity-biome-settings {
    S:Bug <>
    S:Crocodile <>
    S:Dikdik <>
    S:ElfHunter <>
    S:EnderLord <>
    S:ExplodingTermite <>
    S:FireDemon <>
    S:Flamingo <>
    S:FlyingBook <>
    S:Gemsbok <>
    S:Hyena <>
    S:LightningSpirit <>
    S:Linkbook <>
    S:Lion <>
    S:Lioness <>
    S:Outlander <>
    S:Outlandess <>
    S:Pumbaa <>
    S:Rafiki <>
    S:Scar <>
    S:Simba <>
    S:SkeletalHyena <>
    S:SkeletalHyenaHead <>
    S:SnowBeast <>
    S:TermiteQueen <>
    S:TicketLion <>
    S:Timon <>
    S:Zazu <>
    S:Zebra <>
    S:Zira <>
    S:entBrainyZombie <>
    S:entFirebat <>
    S:entGiantBrainyZombie <>
    S:entGolemClay <>
    S:entGolemClayAdv <>
    S:entGolemIron <>
    S:entGolemStone <>
    S:entGolemStoneAdv <>
    S:entGolemStraw <>
    S:entGolemTallow <>
    S:entGolemTallowAdv <>
    S:entGolemWood <>
    S:entWisp <>
    }

####################
    # entity-spawn-settings
    ####################

entity-spawn-settings {
    S:Armadillo
    S:Beaver
    S:BlueFinch
    S:Bug
    S:Centipede
    S:Crocodile
    S:Dikdik
    S:Eagle
    S:ElfHunter
    S:EnderLord
    S:ExplodingTermite
    S:FireDemon
    S:Flamingo
    S:FlyingBook
    S:Follower
    S:Frog
    S:Gemsbok
    S:Giraffe
    S:Gorilla
    S:GreenFinch
    S:HauntedArmor
    S:HornBill
    S:Hyena
    S:LightningSpirit
    S:Linkbook
    S:Lion
    S:Lioness
    S:Lizard
    S:Mammoth
    S:Mimic
    S:Minotaur
    S:Mummy
    S:MummyPharaoh
    S:Outlander
    S:Outlandess
    S:Pelican
    S:Pumbaa
    S:Rafiki
    S:RedFinch
    S:Rhino
    S:SandWorm
    S:Scar
    S:Simba
    S:SkeletalHyena
    S:SkeletalHyenaHead
    S:SnowBeast
    S:TermiteQueen
    S:TicketLion
    S:Timon
    S:TreeEnt
    S:Vulture
    S:Zazu
    S:Zebra
    S:Zira
    S:entBrainyZombie
    S:entFirebat
    S:entGiantBrainyZombie
    S:entGolemClay
    S:entGolemClayAdv
    S:entGolemIron
    S:entGolemStone
    S:entGolemStoneAdv
    S:entGolemStraw
    S:entGolemTallow
    S:entGolemTallowAdv
    S:entGolemWood
    S:entWisp
    }

There's Project Zulu in there, Thaumcraft, and some Lion King. The Flying Book from Enhanced Books. Possibly other stuff. All except Zulu also have their own files which have entires for the same creatures that are in com.cfg. It seemed to me that some of the files were written when launching Minecraft, and then some were written when actually creating the world.

I'll go get you those log files you asked for.

Every creature type(CREATURE, AMBIENT, WATERCREATURE, MONSTER) have its own spawn tick rate. So if MoC monsters are overwhelming vanilla's, you will have to raise monsterSpawnTickRate so CMS spawns that type less frequently. In previous CMS versions, all types were using the same tick rate but this has been fixed by seperating them all. You can also adjust CMS monster limits by lowering maxMonsters value. I may have set it a bit too high. I didn't really have time to find the best balance so if you find better numbers, please share.

As for the "com.cfg", I meant the package name but I'll grab that version of zulu and test it myself. Also can you tell me your exact setup? Forge Build, MC version etc.

Here is what generated for me using ProjectZuluComplete1.0.3.3.zip on a fresh new client :

ProjectZulu.cfg

# Configuration file

####################
    # entity-biome-settings
    ####################

entity-biome-settings {
    S:Alligator <>
    S:BlackBear <>
    S:Boar <>
    S:BrownBear <>
    S:Elephant <>
    S:Fox <>
    S:HorseBeige <>
    S:HorseBlack <>
    S:HorseBrown <>
    S:HorseDarkBlack <>
    S:HorseDarkBrown <>
    S:HorseWhite <>
    S:Ostrich <>
    S:Penguin <>
    S:PolarBear <>
    S:Rabbit <>
    }

####################
    # entity-spawn-settings
    ####################

entity-spawn-settings {
    S:Alligator <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Armadillo <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Beaver <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:BlackBear <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:BlueFinch <AMBIENT:6:1:2:3>
    S:Boar <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:BrownBear <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Centipede <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    S:Eagle <AMBIENT:6:1:2:3>
    S:Elephant <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Follower <UNDEFINED:6:1:2:3>
    S:Fox <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Frog <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Giraffe <UNDEFINED:6:1:2:3>
    S:Gorilla <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:GreenFinch <AMBIENT:6:1:2:3>
    S:HauntedArmor <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    S:HornBill <AMBIENT:6:1:2:3>
    S:HorseBeige <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:HorseBlack <UNDEFINED:6:1:2:3>
    S:HorseBrown <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:HorseDarkBlack <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:HorseDarkBrown <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:HorseWhite <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Lizard <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    S:Mammoth <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Mimic <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    S:Minotaur <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    S:Mummy <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    S:MummyPharaoh <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    S:Ostrich <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Pelican <AMBIENT:6:1:2:3>
    S:Penguin <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:PolarBear <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Rabbit <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:RedFinch <AMBIENT:6:1:2:3>
    S:Rhino <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:SandWorm <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    S:TreeEnt <CREATURE:6:1:2:3>
    S:Vulture <MONSTER:6:1:2:3>
    }
    Last edited by bloodshot45: 5/11/2013 7:35:52 PM

Quote from bloodshot45

Every creature type(CREATURE, AMBIENT, WATERCREATURE, MONSTER) have its own spawn tick rate. So if MoC monsters are overwhelming vanilla's, you will have to raise monsterSpawnTickRate so CMS spawns that type less frequently. In previous CMS versions, all types were using the same tick rate but this has been fixed by seperating them all. You can also adjust CMS monster limits by lowering maxMonsters value. I may have set it a bit too high. I didn't really have time to find the best balance so if you find better numbers, please share.

Aha! Now that might be the missing piece of information that allows us to crack this conundrum right open.

Minecraft 1.5.1, Forge 682 and this little lot:

2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiBasicExample(mod_GuiApiBasicExample:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiIngameMessageExample(mod_GuiApiIngameMessageExample:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiIntermediateExample(mod_GuiApiIntermediateExample:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiItemTickExample(mod_GuiApiItemTickExample:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiTWLExamples(mod_GuiApiTWLExamples:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] GuiAPI(GuiAPI:0.15.5): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] LionKing(LionKing:v1.11.1 for Minecraft 1.5.1): [1.5.1] The Lion King Mod v1.11.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] EnhancedBooks(Enhanced Books:1.0): [1.5.1]EnhancedBooks-v1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_ReiMinimap(mod_ReiMinimap:Not available): [1.5.1]ReiMinimap_v3.3_04.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] GrimoireGaia2(Grimoire of Gaia 2:1.2.0): [1.5.2]GrimoireofGaia2 1.3.0.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] cfm(MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod:2.8.2): [Forge]FurnitureMod2.8.2.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ArsMagica(Ars Magica:5.50.010): ArsMagica_5.50.010.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BetterDungeons(Better dungeons:1.0.1): BetterDungeons.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BiblioCraft(BiblioCraft:1.2.0): BiblioCraft[v1.2.0].zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BiomesOPlenty(Biomes O' Plenty:0.5.2): Biomes-O-Plenty-0.5.2.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Core(BuildCraft:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:Forge@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Builders(BC Builders:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Energy(BC Energy:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Factory(BC Factory:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Transport(BC Transport:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Silicon(BC Silicon:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] CustomSpawner(DrZhark's CustomSpawner:2.0.0): CustomMobSpawner DEV 2.0.0.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] MoCreatures(DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod:5.2.0): DrZharks MoCreatures Mod DEV v5.2.0.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] DungeonPack(DungeonPack:1.5.2 v1): DungeonPack 1.5.2 v1 Universal.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] enhancedportals(Enhanced Portals:2.1.2): enhanced-portals_2.1.2.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ExtrabiomesXL(ExtrabiomesXL:3.13.0): ExtrabiomesXL-universal-1.5.1-3.13.0.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Forestry(Forestry for Minecraft:2.2.2.2): forestry-A-2.2.2.2.jar (after:ExtrabiomesXL;after:BiomesOPlenty)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BinnieCore(Binnie Core:1.6-pre6): extra-bees-1.6-pre6.jar (after:Forestry)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ExtraBees(Extra Bees:1.6-pre6): extra-bees-1.6-pre6.jar (after:BinnieCore)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Farlanders(The Farlanders:1.5.1): Farlanders_V0.8a.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Goblins_mod(Goblins_mod:1.5.1): Goblin.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Taigore_InventorySaver(Taigore_InventorySaver:1.0): InventorySaver - 2.2.2.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] LavaMonsters(Lava Monsters:2.2): LavaMonsters 2.2 for MC 1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Ideas(Ideas:1): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Metallurgy3Core(Metallurgy 3 Core:1.4.7-1.11.13-1a): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Metallurgy3Base(Metallurgy 3 Base:1.4.7-1.11.13-1a): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Metallurgy3Machines(Metallurgy 3 Machines:1.4.7_1.16.13_1a): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar (required-after:Metallurgy3Base)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Metallurgy3Vanilla(Metallurgy 3 Vanilla:1.4.7-1.11.13-1a): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Mystcraft(Mystcraft:0.10.3.00): mystcraft-uni-1.5.1-0.10.3.00.zip (required-after:Forge@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Natura(Natura:1.5.1_2.0.21): Natura_2.0.21.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] PrimitiveMobs(PrimitiveMobs:1.4): PrimitiveMobsv1.3.5MC1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|Core(Project Zulu Core:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (after:ExtrabiomesXL@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|Blocks(Project Zulu Block and Items:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (required-after:ProjectZulu|Core@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|Dungeon(Project Zulu Mobs:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (required-after:ProjectZulu|Core@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|Mobs(Project Zulu Mobs:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (required-after:ProjectZulu|Core@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|World(Project Zulu World:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (required-after:ProjectZulu|Core@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] RancraftPenguins(Rancraft Penguins:1.5.1k): RancraftPengForge_v151k.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] RopesPlus(Ropes+:1.3.9): RopePlus_1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] AS_Ruins(Ruins Spawning System:9.9): Ruins_1.5.1.zip (after:ExtraBiomes)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_sophwolves(mod_sophwolves:Not available): sophwolves2.1.2.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] SpecialMobs(Special Mobs:2.4.2): SpecialMobs 2.4.2 for MC 1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] TConstruct(Tinkers' Construct:1.5.1_1.3.3.9): TConstruct_1.3.3.9.jar (required-after:Forge@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Thaumcraft(Thaumcraft:3.0.4c): Thaumcraft3.0.4c.zip (required-after:Forge@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ThaumicBees(ThaumicBees:1.4.6 - 171): thaumicbees-1.4.6.jar (required-after:Forestry;after:Thaumcraft@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] adnantheclydeTravellingHouse(Travelling House:1.0.0): TravellingHouse_1.5.1_v1.0.0.zip ()

In case you missed it, I appended the logs you wanted to my last post.

ProjectZuluComplete1.0.3.3.zip is a version up from what I'm using. I'll see if that makes the difference. I hadn't noticed there'd been an update.
    Last edited by Arkenor: 5/11/2013 7:46:11 PM
    Quote from Arkenor

Aha! Now that might be the missing piece of information that allows us to crack this conundrum right open.

Minecraft 1.5.1, Forge 682 and this little lot:

2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiBasicExample(mod_GuiApiBasicExample:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiIngameMessageExample(mod_GuiApiIngameMessageExample:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiIntermediateExample(mod_GuiApiIntermediateExample:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiItemTickExample(mod_GuiApiItemTickExample:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_GuiApiTWLExamples(mod_GuiApiTWLExamples:Not available): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] GuiAPI(GuiAPI:0.15.5): GuiAPI-0.15.5-1.5.1.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] LionKing(LionKing:v1.11.1 for Minecraft 1.5.1): [1.5.1] The Lion King Mod v1.11.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] EnhancedBooks(Enhanced Books:1.0): [1.5.1]EnhancedBooks-v1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_ReiMinimap(mod_ReiMinimap:Not available): [1.5.1]ReiMinimap_v3.3_04.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] GrimoireGaia2(Grimoire of Gaia 2:1.2.0): [1.5.2]GrimoireofGaia2 1.3.0.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] cfm(MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod:2.8.2): [Forge]FurnitureMod2.8.2.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ArsMagica(Ars Magica:5.50.010): ArsMagica_5.50.010.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BetterDungeons(Better dungeons:1.0.1): BetterDungeons.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BiblioCraft(BiblioCraft:1.2.0): BiblioCraft[v1.2.0].zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BiomesOPlenty(Biomes O' Plenty:0.5.2): Biomes-O-Plenty-0.5.2.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Core(BuildCraft:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:Forge@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Builders(BC Builders:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Energy(BC Energy:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Factory(BC Factory:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Transport(BC Transport:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BuildCraft|Silicon(BC Silicon:3.5.0): buildcraft-A-3.5.0.jar (required-after:BuildCraft|[email protected])
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] CustomSpawner(DrZhark's CustomSpawner:2.0.0): CustomMobSpawner DEV 2.0.0.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] MoCreatures(DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod:5.2.0): DrZharks MoCreatures Mod DEV v5.2.0.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] DungeonPack(DungeonPack:1.5.2 v1): DungeonPack 1.5.2 v1 Universal.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] enhancedportals(Enhanced Portals:2.1.2): enhanced-portals_2.1.2.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ExtrabiomesXL(ExtrabiomesXL:3.13.0): ExtrabiomesXL-universal-1.5.1-3.13.0.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Forestry(Forestry for Minecraft:2.2.2.2): forestry-A-2.2.2.2.jar (after:ExtrabiomesXL;after:BiomesOPlenty)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] BinnieCore(Binnie Core:1.6-pre6): extra-bees-1.6-pre6.jar (after:Forestry)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ExtraBees(Extra Bees:1.6-pre6): extra-bees-1.6-pre6.jar (after:BinnieCore)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Farlanders(The Farlanders:1.5.1): Farlanders_V0.8a.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Goblins_mod(Goblins_mod:1.5.1): Goblin.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Taigore_InventorySaver(Taigore_InventorySaver:1.0): InventorySaver - 2.2.2.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] LavaMonsters(Lava Monsters:2.2): LavaMonsters 2.2 for MC 1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Ideas(Ideas:1): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Metallurgy3Core(Metallurgy 3 Core:1.4.7-1.11.13-1a): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Metallurgy3Base(Metallurgy 3 Base:1.4.7-1.11.13-1a): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Metallurgy3Machines(Metallurgy 3 Machines:1.4.7_1.16.13_1a): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar (required-after:Metallurgy3Base)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Metallurgy3Vanilla(Metallurgy 3 Vanilla:1.4.7-1.11.13-1a): Metallurgy 3.0.0.0.9.3.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Mystcraft(Mystcraft:0.10.3.00): mystcraft-uni-1.5.1-0.10.3.00.zip (required-after:Forge@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Natura(Natura:1.5.1_2.0.21): Natura_2.0.21.jar ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] PrimitiveMobs(PrimitiveMobs:1.4): PrimitiveMobsv1.3.5MC1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|Core(Project Zulu Core:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (after:ExtrabiomesXL@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|Blocks(Project Zulu Block and Items:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (required-after:ProjectZulu|Core@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|Dungeon(Project Zulu Mobs:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (required-after:ProjectZulu|Core@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|Mobs(Project Zulu Mobs:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (required-after:ProjectZulu|Core@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ProjectZulu|World(Project Zulu World:1.0.3.2): ProjectZuluCompletev1.0.3.2.zip (required-after:ProjectZulu|Core@)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] RancraftPenguins(Rancraft Penguins:1.5.1k): RancraftPengForge_v151k.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] RopesPlus(Ropes+:1.3.9): RopePlus_1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] AS_Ruins(Ruins Spawning System:9.9): Ruins_1.5.1.zip (after:ExtraBiomes)
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] mod_sophwolves(mod_sophwolves:Not available): sophwolves2.1.2.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] SpecialMobs(Special Mobs:2.4.2): SpecialMobs 2.4.2 for MC 1.5.1.zip ()
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] TConstruct(Tinkers' Construct:1.5.1_1.3.3.9): TConstruct_1.3.3.9.jar (required-after:Forge@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Thaumcraft(Thaumcraft:3.0.4c): Thaumcraft3.0.4c.zip (required-after:Forge@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] ThaumicBees(ThaumicBees:1.4.6 - 171): thaumicbees-1.4.6.jar (required-after:Forestry;after:Thaumcraft@
    2013-05-12 01:25:17 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] adnantheclydeTravellingHouse(Travelling House:1.0.0): TravellingHouse_1.5.1_v1.0.0.zip ()

In case you missed it, I appended the logs you wanted to my last post.

ProjectZuluComplete1.0.3.3.zip is a version up from what I'm using. I'll see if that makes the difference. I hadn't noticed there'd been an update.

I'll need a log with 'debugLogging' turned on in MoCGlobal.cfg. Setting this option to true will generate a ton of output in the FML log. Same goes with 'debugCMS' if you are having issues with spawning. 'debugCMS' will show the entity class, spawned coord, type:freq:min:max:chunk, and the biome it spawned in. It also shows some debug for light levels if you noticed a type of creature/monster that shouldn't of spawned.

Quote from bloodshot45

I'll need a log with 'debugLogging' turned on in MoCGlobal.cfg. Setting this option to true will generate a ton of output in the FML log. Same goes with 'debugCMS' if you are having issues with spawning. 'debugCMS' will show the entity class, spawned coord, type:freq:min:max:chunk, and the biome it spawned in. It also shows some debug for light levels if you noticed a type of creature/monster that shouldn't of spawned.

Isn't this what you wanted?

I can report that raising the tick rate in MoCGlobal.cfg does indeed give vanilla monsters breathing space to spawn. To test it I bumped it from 30 to 200, and got almost all vanilla list monsters. Obviously need to find a number with a suitable balance, but we've got a solution now.

I've had a good poke about in the new CMS, and chatted with Bloodshot in IRC about some of our problems, and I'm pretty hopeful that the new MoC setup is a big step forward for us.

One thing you need to know! Spawning and despawning now depends on light levels. Fences are no longer involved. So you'll need to keep your paddocks well lit. That should help with keeping monsters out of out houses
    Last edited by Arkenor: 5/11/2013 9:53:15 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes