This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

Why refer to gold as 'butter'? Gold ingots do not look, nor act like butter!

Quote from ThizBoss

The reason we call it "Butter" is for many reasons. First reason, a gold ingot in fact does look like a stick or margarine, with the shape and color!
    Wrong! this is a stick of butter
    and this is a stick of gold

Quote from ThizBoss

Second A LOT OF PEOPLE watch SkyDoesMinecraft, or TheMinecraftUniverse, etc and they all use the term "Butter" For anything that has to do with gold!
    That is understandable due to largely immature fanbase, however it's hard to believe he started the craze.
    OT: I hate butter.
    Are you planning to make suggestion? check the search bar first.
    Quote from Dwarvenhero81

Wrong! this is a stick of butter
    and this is a stick of gold

That is understandable due to largely immature fanbase, however it's hard to believe he started the craze.
    OT: I hate butter.

Same here. Unless it's on my toast...then I'm cool.
    But my friend here...he loves it. So much he has his pizza with butter. I call it an addiction.

~Shiny
    Quote from HerobrineWatcher

Same here. Unless it's on my toast...then I'm cool.
    But my friend here...he loves it. So much he has his pizza with butter. I call it an addiction.

~Shiny

I used to eat butter plain.
    Would you like to know the atomic structure of a piece of bread?

TT2000, you are genius.
    Quote from MadScientist

I used to eat butter plain.

...Oh.

XD oh, asdf movie..

~EpicSiege
    Although I dislike people using the word "budder," I'm using my gold palette to draw butter on the baked potatoes for my texture pack.
    Quote from Crimsollite

Although I dislike people using the word "budder," I'm using my gold palette to draw butter on the baked potatoes for my texture pack.

That's nice...

~Shiny
    Quote from Crimsollite

Texture packs aren't supposed to be realistic I guess.
    #PoppyRedArmy

Quote from TVflea

In all language packs, an item called 'butter' is non-existent. Why call gold butter?

Counterarguments (please read all of these before posting or you'll be ignored forever :D )

1. Butter is yellow, like gold
    Well, actually butter is a pale white, unlike gold
    True

2. The mythical, and almighty skydoesminecraft incanted all gold to be renamed 'BWUHDDAR' *drool*
    ...and you brainlessly followed him. Skydoesminecraft is just a college drop-out weirdo with a microphone and screen recorder; there's no reason to copy him.
    True

3. Gold tools would be soft, just like butter tools
    Actually, a golden tool would not be soft. If you had a golden pickaxe, and used it, it would morph, compared to a butter pickaxe, which would break apart and melt. Also, if gold tools are made of butter, why are they so efficient?
    True

4. Gold is applied to food to enhance it, such as golden apples and carrots
    This doesn't make sense. You would not smother an apple in butter, and if you did, it'd probably give you a heart-attack, not bestow you with magical healing abilities.
    True

5. Gold is used in powered tracks to make minecarts have more momentum, just like butter would make a minecart faster if put on a track.
    Then what about golden pressure plates?
    I would've said: "Do buttered tracks require redstone or something similiar to work?" instead of "Then what about golden pressure plates?". It isn't really a counter argument the way you said it. golden pressure plates aren't related to powered rails.

6. OH EM GEE, it's just, like, a fad, bro. Get ova et.
    Come back to me when you have been to a secondary education institution. Perhaps then your speech will be more communicable.
    Its a meme. Why does everyone like Nyan cat? Harlem shake? They make no sense, people just like them.

7. Why can't you leave people alone to call buddar whatever they want?
    This thread isn't trying to force people into calling gold it's proper name, just some irrefutable reasons from your favorite flea :D
    True

8. It's funny, you have no humo(u)r
    Correction, it was funny, a year ago. It's just annoying now.
    True

Trueness level: 6.5/8
    Last edited by tulir293: 4/7/2013 4:41:15 AM
    Quote from tulir293

Trueness level: 6.5/8
    In regards to powered rails:

I was replying to people who thought that since butter is slippery, it would increase the momentum of objects that moved over it. Powered rails have this ability, and are made from gold, therefore it would seem that this would be a valid reason to call gold in minecraft "butter". My refutation showed that this property of gold was not consistent with other golden objects in minecraft, like golden pressure plates.
    Last edited by TVflea: 4/7/2013 4:48:02 AM
    #PoppyRedArmy
    Dude its just a saying Skydoesminecraft made it up!!! beside gold sucks while butter rules!!
    Quote from Spyro136

Dude its just a saying Skydoesminecraft made it up!!! beside gold sucks while butter rules!!

You're so lucky Shiny isn't here...

~EpicS
    Quote from Spyro136

Another example of the immaturity of Sky's fans.

Join my Vanilla youtuber server ExpoCraft !
    .........This is debate is getting hot......

-Bupep

If I helped you in any way,remember to push that green arrow button on the bottom-right side of my post!
    All right, to at least prevent more spam, let's address a list of bad arguments.

"Why not call it butter?" Because it's not that funny.

"Because we can." You can ALSO shove it up your butt but we just don't do that.

"It IS butter." So what you're telling me is that butter comes from a rock.

"It looks like butter." In that case, go ahead and eat your golden sword.

"It tastes like butter." What.

"BUDDER BUDDER BUDDER BUDDER BUDDER DO NOT CALL IT GOLD REMEMBER Budder NotGold" Where's my shotgun when I need it.

"It's a SkyDoesMinecraft joke." No crap Sherlock. Apparently, this means you'll even go insane if he was famous yet he was crazy.
    "He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." -Homer Simpson
    My fan fiction of the game: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1957118-programmer-my-first-fan-fiction/#entry24096758
    Because, in short, Sky's fanboys rival PewDiePie's in obnoxiousness and immaturity. Don't have a problem with Sky himself, though.
    Last edited by Goomboliver: 4/7/2013 8:52:33 AM
    "Shall I take you away, to the place where dreams come true?"
    Maybe if there was a BIGGER Youtube user, they might loosen their grip on this joke...
    "He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." -Homer Simpson
    My fan fiction of the game: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1957118-programmer-my-first-fan-fiction/#entry24096758
    TVflea does have a point LOL never really thought of it. :Notch:
    Quote from nitrocrafter

Why do we call gold butter?
    Why do we call minecraft vanilla?

Any game which happens to be unmodded is considered vanilla. Vanilla is a widely used as a term for this because think of vanilla ice cream. We sometimes like to call vanilla ice cream as plain ice cream too, because it has the essence of ice cream with no extra additives, like chocolate. I'm sure you get how this applies to gaming already.

Ват ю ар ридинг из нат акщюл Рущэн...
    Quote from HerobrineWatcher

I call it an addiction.

One may call it addiction, I call it justice. (Saw reference)
    The professor.
    Quote from Spyro136

And WHAT may make butter so much better than gold? All butter is used for irl is food. I really don't see why butter is funny or so much cooler than gold. Oh and next time you go back in time to the gold rush, just tell them that butter is better than gold.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes