In all language packs, an item called 'butter' is non-existent. Why call gold butter?
Counterarguments (please read all of these before posting or you'll be ignored forever )
1. Butter is yellow, like gold Well, actually butter is a pale white, unlike gold True
2. The mythical, and almighty skydoesminecraft incanted all gold to be renamed 'BWUHDDAR' *drool* ...and you brainlessly followed him. Skydoesminecraft is just a college drop-out weirdo with a microphone and screen recorder; there's no reason to copy him. True
3. Gold tools would be soft, just like butter tools Actually, a golden tool would not be soft. If you had a golden pickaxe, and used it, it would morph, compared to a butter pickaxe, which would break apart and melt. Also, if gold tools are made of butter, why are they so efficient? True
4. Gold is applied to food to enhance it, such as golden apples and carrots This doesn't make sense. You would not smother an apple in butter, and if you did, it'd probably give you a heart-attack, not bestow you with magical healing abilities. True
5. Gold is used in powered tracks to make minecarts have more momentum, just like butter would make a minecart faster if put on a track. Then what about golden pressure plates? I would've said: "Do buttered tracks require redstone or something similiar to work?" instead of "Then what about golden pressure plates?". It isn't really a counter argument the way you said it. golden pressure plates aren't related to powered rails.
6. OH EM GEE, it's just, like, a fad, bro. Get ova et. Come back to me when you have been to a secondary education institution. Perhaps then your speech will be more communicable. Its a meme. Why does everyone like Nyan cat? Harlem shake? They make no sense, people just like them.
7. Why can't you leave people alone to call buddar whatever they want? This thread isn't trying to force people into calling gold it's proper name, just some irrefutable reasonsfrom your favorite flea True
8. It's funny, you have no humo(u)r Correction, it was funny, a year ago. It's just annoying now. True
I was replying to people who thought that since butter is slippery, it would increase the momentum of objects that moved over it. Powered rails have this ability, and are made from gold, therefore it would seem that this would be a valid reason to call gold in minecraft "butter". My refutation showed that this property of gold was not consistent with other golden objects in minecraft, like golden pressure plates.
Why do we call gold butter?
Why do we call minecraft vanilla?
Any game which happens to be unmodded is considered vanilla. Vanilla is a widely used as a term for this because think of vanilla ice cream. We sometimes like to call vanilla ice cream as plain ice cream too, because it has the essence of ice cream with no extra additives, like chocolate. I'm sure you get how this applies to gaming already.
Dude its just a saying Skydoesminecraft made it up!!! beside gold sucks while butter rules!!
And WHAT may make butter so much better than gold? All butter is used for irl is food. I really don't see why butter is funny or so much cooler than gold. Oh and next time you go back in time to the gold rush, just tell them that butter is better than gold.