Zombies and skeletons wear pumpkins

I've seen, only in swamp biome, zombies and skeletons wear pumpkins

Does this happen only on Halloween??
    Given that the latest update causes some skeletons/zombies to pick up and wear fallen items, there's a chance they found and picked up fallen pumpkins.
    BARBARIANS - A Nightmare of a Mob: http://www.minecraft...tmare-of-a-mob/ (Please give support and don't let it die)
    Nope, it's a halloween thing. I see many zombies and skeletons (ocean biome) with pumpkins and there are no pumpkins to pick up.

Edit: I saw one with a jack'o'lantern as helmet!
    Last edited by Malacodor: 10/30/2012 6:34:12 PM
    Oh... I was about to post about this. I was trying to take a screenshot first. (I actually died taking this screenshot...)
    Yep I thinks it's because of Halloween, because it started right after 12pm.
    Funny... :)
    Last edited by Lunacie: 10/30/2012 6:56:11 PM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta0YbRfaI_g

It's only for halloween. If you want you can just change your computer time to halloween to always have them spawn like this until the code is removed.
    Quote from Phycozz

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ta0YbRfaI_g

It's only for halloween. If you want you can just change your computer time to halloween to always have them spawn like this until the code is removed.

Lol damn, really?

Happy Halloween guys!

5 seconds later I turned around and a creeper ended my life both in game and in real life.
    "There is a world we cannot see, a world where all our imagination, dreams and fantasies lay true with no limitations and endless freedom. It is there as we speak, and it will always be there. Our world will never be able to connect to the other, but we will know that it is there, beyond this world. Those who you have lost in this world is there, and you will meet them when you are no longer part of our current world."
    - ???
    Apparently, an easter egg causes zombies skeletons, etc. to wear pumpkins when they spawn when the clock for your computer is on Halloween. I haven't experienced this for myself yet because of this:

I am ninja'd far too often.
    This works for zombie pigman and wither skeletons too
    Quote from bigDon_001

This works for zombie pigman and wither skeletons too

:D

and a new splash text was added
    Quote from bigDon_001

and a new splash text was added

Don't tell me what it is! I want to find out tomorrow!

And here's one with a jack'o'lantern:

I saw them wear pumpkins too. Also when you go to the main menu,it always says "OOoooOOOoooo! Spooky!"
    Yes, all what you have said is true. It is happening to me too (Exploring cave when doing a completely new world, turn around, jack o' lantern on a skele XD)
     if (this.getCurrentItemOrArmor(4) == null)
    {
    Calendar var1 = this.worldObj.func_83015_S();

if (var1.get(2) + 1 == 10 && var1.get(5) == 31 && this.rand.nextFloat() < 0.25F)
    {
    this.func_70062_b(4, new ItemStack(this.rand.nextFloat() < 0.1F ? Block.pumpkinLantern : Block.pumpkin));
    this.field_82174_bp[4] = 0.0F;
    }
    • if (var1.get(2) + 1 == 10 as in the 10th month
    • var1.get(5) == 31 as in the 31st day
    • this.func_70062_b(4, new ItemStack(this.rand.nextFloat() Block.pumpkinLantern : Block.pumpkin));
    • The func is the function to wear an item on a mobs head, and as you can see it will either wear "Block.pumpkinLantern : Block.pumpkin".
    Happy Halloween ^_^
    Last edited by Calibrix: 10/31/2012 8:32:43 PM
    Quote me if you're wanting me to reply!
    Achievment get!
    seen rarest mob in Minecraft (Probability: 0,1% 0,025% of all spider spawns)

Last edited by Malacodor: 11/2/2012 10:39:08 AM
    Quote from Calibrix

if (this.getCurrentItemOrArmor(4) == null)
    {
    Calendar var1 = this.worldObj.func_83015_S();

if (var1.get(2) + 1 == 10 && var1.get(5) == 31 && this.rand.nextFloat() < 0.25F)
    {
    this.func_70062_b(4, new ItemStack(this.rand.nextFloat() < 0.1F ? Block.pumpkinLantern : Block.pumpkin));
    this.field_82174_bp[4] = 0.0F;
    }
    • if (var1.get(2) + 1 == 10 as in the 10th month
    • var1.get(5) == 31 as in the 31st day
    • this.func_70062_b(4, new ItemStack(this.rand.nextFloat() Block.pumpkinLantern : Block.pumpkin));
    • The func is the function to wear an item on a mobs head, and as you can see it will either wear "Block.pumpkinLantern : Block.pumpkin".
    Happy Halloween ^_^

Great job!
    Quote from Malacodor

Achievment get!
    seen rarest mob in Minecraft (Probability: 0,1%(?) of all spider spawns)

I have spawned a wither skeleton wearing a jack-O-lantern, which is rarer.
    A Christian has about as much reason to trust God as Chell has to trust GLaDOS.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes