Hey guys, I'm just posting some random tips for hunger games some people may not know. I will list them from the least obvious to the most obvious.
1) When pvping someone who is attacking u at the same time you're attacking them, spam the left click and right click with your sword. That way, you actually attack faster, which means more hits and more damage, and at the same time, your opponent may hit you at the instant that you are guarding (right click), which means less damage on you. Also, set up any possible traps or anything you can think of and any weapon. For example, a lava bucket can prove to be very useful. If you dump lava on a person even if they had diamond armor, they will probably die before they even hit you because lava does lots of damage FAST. Other weapons include flint and steel, and in times of emergency when you have no bow and arrows, fishing poles, snowballs, or eggs.
2) Many people say that jumping into water is a terrible idea. However, this is not necessarily true. Sometimes, water is the perfect escape. If you are thinking to escape using water, make sure it's a very large body of water, preferably an ocean. That way, the person chasing you cannot cut you off. Next, never go into water if there is a team after you, cuz one may chase you and the other may cut you off. Also, don't go in if the person chasing you has a bow. Finally, if you determine it is safe to go into the water, then make sure you take the best sprint-jump into the water possible. For example, if there is a block that juts out into a body of water, but another block that is 1 block higher and juts out 2 blocks, sprint-jump off the second block, because that makes a quicker escape.
3) I'm not sure if this is true or not, but in my experience, there is usually iron near coal. Therefore, never bypass any coal well, as long as you're safe with no one around you
4) For the hunger games servers where you cannot break anything and can only use things found in chests, always check almost every man-made structure you find, or anything that looks suspicious and concealing, because there will usually be a chest there.
5) For hunger games servers where you get kits and do whatever you want, always prioritize. Your main goal should be to get wood and food. If you can, go underground as usually it will give you safe cover from other players and may yield iron, a useful item. But seal up your entrance from which you dug down from, and make plenty of murder holes from the entrance. You can do this by (assuming you are on a 1 block wide, flat passage) digging down one block, then placing a block 2 blocks above and 1 block in front of you. Then, you can see and attack anybody's legs on the other side of that block you placed, while they can't attack you.
6) Always keep your hunger bar full! Full hunger=health regeneration. However, be conservative about your food (unless you have plenty). For example, if you have 2 empty hunger bars and have an apple and a steak, eat the apple first.
7) ALWAYS look around you. The last thing you want to happen to you is to get sneak-attacked, as it will take time to get a weapon out and look around to see your attacker, and by then you will be dead, or if not, you will be damaged before you can even counter-attack. You especially don't want to get your head buried in mining or concentrated on one thing, for you'll be dead before you know it. Be aware that there are others that may be hunting you. On the contrary, if you see someone not paying attention and you think you can take him/her on, sneak up on them.
8) Make a weapon a priority, since fist-fighting is very useless compared to someone even with something as bad as a wooden axe.
9) Always hold shift if you can. This way, people will not see your name appear and you probably won't get sneaked up on.
10) Survive. oh, and one thing i forgot, also when pvping try to circle around your opponent so that they can't aim at you good, and try to do jump strikes for critical hits. Do sprint hits to knock someone back
i have something to add: weapons and tools. first the weapons: swords, flint and steel, axes, and bows. tools: water bucket, dirt, pickaxe, and shovel.
the tools can be used for a quick get-away. the weapons (excluding bows and swords) are if you cant get your hands on anything else.
hope that helps
Private Mod Note
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
you kill me, but i dont cry. you destroy my house, so i build a new one. you try to crush my spirits, but you epic fail. you hurt my friends, NOW we have a problem.