SkinEdit - New version 13 April (Alpha 3 pre 7!)

It looks complicated
    Auto shading tool? If you want to add it you can.

WebRep

Overall rating

This site has no rating
    (not enough votes)
    Respawn?
    |Yes| |No|
    Help skinedit freezes when I click on part picker
    Quote from chris123456789

i mean u lay an egg and a mini steve comes out like a lil follower
    I used the download things and I still have no preview what the heck!

Edit Nevermind works now
    Last edited by arcento7: 2/17/2013 4:07:30 PM
    This software sucks, is way too buggy, and I have yet to see the OP come in and answer any of the questions regarding a derpy software he created. I know it's handed out for free, but stand behind your product, otherwise take this post down so people don't waste any more time finding it and trying it. I will just stick to photoshop.
    Quote from wolftone1916

This software sucks, is way too buggy, and I have yet to see the OP come in and answer any of the questions regarding a derpy software he created. I know it's handed out for free, but stand behind your product, otherwise take this post down so people don't waste any more time finding it and trying it. I will just stick to photoshop.

What program isn't buggy he trieste his best to fix everything but he only one Guy and he can't do everything
    Just to let you know:
    The SkinEdit just randomly quit. It said, "Unexpected error." Then it showed a list of errors and at the bottom of the windows it said, "copy and go to Forum topic" so I clicked that.
    Looks good.
    Lukes nice. I`ll try it.
    Congratulations on this! I found it pretty easy to use and I managed to do some good-average (but this is because I am not and artistic person in any way) skins, have you considered a Cloak editor?
    I should put a banner here, but I'm too damn lazy to make one, so imagine it
    Quote from arcento7

What program isn't buggy he trieste his best to fix everything but he only one Guy and he can't do everything

I agree with this.
    If plan 'A' fails remember there are 25 more letters.
    If I helped then please
    I have alpha 3 pre 5. I tried deleting it and downloading alpha 3 pre 7, but it would not launch. When I clicked on launch a screen popped up for less than a second then went away and nothing else happened. So I restored my old MC SkinEdit. Even before I did this, I hadn't been able to see the preview for a long time. I tried both of the web addresses above but they didn't work- I still got the error message. Please help if you can. I'd like to be able to see the skins I am making.
    FAILED TO FIND JAVA INSTALLED

None of the Java versions work

SkinEdit, doesn't work for me...anymore
    Quote from Eliittihemuli

FAILED TO FIND JAVA INSTALLED

None of the Java versions work

SkinEdit, doesn't work for me...anymore

It's because Java installations were moved from %Programfiles%\java\bin to %programfiles%\java\jre7\bin\. Making a new batch file should work. It happened to me too.
    Last edited by BlacKnight339: 3/19/2013 8:30:16 PM
    Quote from BlacKnight339

It's because Java installations were moved from %Programfiles%\java\bin to %programfiles%\java\jre7\bin\. Making a new batch file should work. It happened to me too.

I don't suppose you could explain me how to make that batch file. How do I know what to type in it for it run the program correct?
    Still waiting for anyone to help me with my problem. OP still gives no info about this issue.
    Quote from Eliittihemuli

Still waiting for anyone to help me with my problem. OP still gives no info about this issue.

I can help you,
    Steps:
    1. Extract the skindex '.zip' file you got (I hope you know how to do that)
    2. See where it says 'Launch.bat' OR JUST 'Launch'
    3. Right click that file and click 'Edit'
    4. Find and replace all the parts where it says '%programfiles%\java\bin\java.exe' with '%programfiles%\java\jre7\bin\java.exe'
    5. Save and exit the editor and launch 'Launch'
    6. ???
    7. PROFIT
    Last edited by The_Worlds_Of_Craft1337996: 3/27/2013 9:48:20 AM

I'd love an addition to the Whatevers :D
    Sorry for my name :3 This account is one of my oldest.
    Hey Guys Had some problems getting this to work.

First problem was I use Java 7 and not 6, here is the solution.

Change the following in the Launch.bat

if EXIST "%programfiles(x86)%\java\bin\java.exe" (
    set location=%programfiles%\java\bin\java.exe
    goto launch
    )

To

if EXIST "%programfiles(x86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" (
    set location=%programfiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
    goto launch
    )

I also had a problem downloading the skintest2.jar, so here is a download.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i6hzzb1gq9da6b9

Here is the Link for all files For Java 6.

http://www.mediafire.com/?run0yj3c2x6b3qi

Here is the Link for all files for java 7.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9p4fa8vak5cce1i
    Hi, this is a great application and I've used it before, but I use java 8 JDK and for some reason its not launching and telling me i don't have it installed (which I suspect its from my type of Java). Just thought you should know and if you post how to update the Launch.bat file so it works ^-^
    Thanks, Yonoobs12
    how do i set the skin?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes