Minecraft Blender Rig – show off your skins in style!

Beautiful. Think you could release one with joints? For the arms and legs.

Here's something simple I made with my unfinished Noodle (from Gorillaz) skin.

E: Zombie
    Quote from Snake »
    Beautiful. Think you could release one with joints? For the arms and legs.

Here's something simple I made with my unfinished Noodle (from Gorillaz) skin.
    *pic*

E: Zombie
    *pic*

I was going to do a zombie! Nice, even though you stole my idea.

I second having joints.
    Something else I notice.

The arms in the rig don't seem to match up properly to the arms in minecraft.

The red lines are of course representing the skeleton or each respective model.
    Not taking Requests...
    But they appear to work a bit more realistically.
    I can do joints, but what kind do you want? Smooth bending or just another block?

to be honest, once I have a skin in the editor, I have no clue what to do...but I did manage to screw up enough to make an epic shot in the render that I'm sure I'm using improperly. Can someone make an MC skin Blender guide for blender n00bs? I'd really appreciate it. And here is that epic pic:

the skin was a recent request I fulfilled and it may need some work, but its my newest so thats what I'm toying with now.
    Quote from tennist0 »
    to be honest, once I have a skin in the editor, I have no clue what to do...but I did manage to screw up enough to make an epic shot in the render that I'm sure I'm using improperly. Can someone make an MC skin Blender guide for blender n00bs? I'd really appreciate it. And here is that epic pic:

the skin was a recent request I fulfilled and it may need some work, but its my newest so thats what I'm toying with now.

You moved the ground bro. Basic transformation skills are easy, just google them. In the meantime, try moving the bones, not the ground or body mesh. Press Z to see them more clearly.

But anyway, bendy or boxy joints? What do you guys want?
    I'm not even sure how I moved the ground honestly, and as for the joints. If I may add my input, what about boxy joints that duplicate the shoulders to cover both sections of the arms when they are moved away from each other.

EDIT: I don't have time right now to learn how to use this in detail, so may I make a request? A small icon for the sig, I want 4 or 5 stormtroopers (will post skin asap) marching in any formation.

EDIT EDIT:
    4 or 5 of these guys, please. Thanks.
    Why, boxy of course. Smooth joints are round and just not Minecraft. See here for how it should look. (Courtesy of Kurobit, when he used to make those for people.)
    Wow, for a second I thought that was my Hakumen skin. Kinda like that one better.

Anyway, for anyone new to blender I highly recommend this guide.
    Blender Noob to Pro

It'll teach you how to move around and do some of the basic things you need to survive in Blender.
    Not taking Requests...
    Quote from Snake »
    Why, boxy of course. Smooth joints are round and just not Minecraft. See here for how it should look. (Courtesy of Kurobit, when he used to make those for people.)

The reason I thought smoothed was because the arm sort of gets squished with so few intermediate vertices. It even looks squished in that gif. Well, it will be inadvisable to bend the elbow more than ninety degrees, then.

EDIT: well, re-download it for bendable joints with constraints.
    I know this is probably a useless question but...
    Is there a possible way a version of the mesh could be uploaded and used with 3DS MAX?
    Quote from nccvoyager »
    Is there a possible way a version of the mesh could be uploaded and used with 3DS MAX?

.3DS is one of the export formats in blender's export menu.
    Quote from ShnitzelKiller »
    Quote from nccvoyager »

.3DS is one of the export formats in blender's export menu.

*Facepalm*
    http://spaghettovolante.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/picard-facepalm.jpg

Okay, now I have to download Blender...
    Google Sketchup Pro and Autodesk 3DS Max 2010 have been all I've needed for the last year. :wink.gif:
    May i ask how this is not stickied?
    [Please insert witty signature pun here]
    Thank you for giving this to us.
    Now I'll rip your throat out:

Although, I did have some ugly vertices there on the lower chest
    I'm having some problems with making animation, I make a key frame and make the move, then when I play it doesn't work D: I have watched tutorials...
    "Every puffin we see tonight is a miracle" - Stephen Kress
    I love the joints. Great work.
    this is sooooooooooooo AWESOME *DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW =D
    Quote from IrishBandit »
    Thank you for giving this to us.
    Now I'll rip your throat out:

Although, I did have some ugly vertices there on the lower chest

Fixed that, so re-download.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes