Minecraft Blender Rig – show off your skins in style!

Quote from GildedBear »

Quote from Ormindo »
    I must admit the commands are relatively crappy. Now I'm in skeleton mode, and pressing Z only changes the bone : can't get back to normal body.

Edit : nevermind, that's solved.Also, how the hell can I spin the camera ?

The controls for Blender can be tricky sometimes, and usually are when you first try to do something (but that's how all new tools are I've found), but I find that its controls make more sense to me then 3ds Max or Maya. Though I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to snap things to the grid. Thankfully it's easy to simply type amounts for translations, rotations, and scaling. ([g][y][1][.][6][-] to move an object -1.6 units along the y-axis, in case people don't know)

To snap things to the grid, just hold control. Control can be set to either do magnetic snapping or incremental snapping, which can be toggled with shift-tab. I think that in this file it's set by default to magnetic snapping, because it makes it way easier to align blocks precisely.

By the way, I've added torches and chests and furnaces and the like now.
    I knew there was an easy way to do it, I just couldn't figure it out for some reason.
    Quote from Ormindo »
    I must admit the commands are relatively crappy. Now I'm in skeleton mode, and pressing Z only changes the bone : can't get back to normal body.

Edit : nevermind, that's solved.Also, how the hell can I spin the camera ?

I've kept these things on separate layers for that very reason. Hide the bone layer if you wish to edit the body mesh. The camera can be transformed like any other object, so if you're having trouble with basic transformations, go see some beginner tutorials on Blender.
    Thanks for the rig! Really usefull! Tested my newest skin : IronMan!! [Added some effects]
    [If you want the skin PM me.]

Image:
    oh my god, how u can make this all? i dont understand anything, is there any video tutorial? :sleep.gif:
    Hey, would you be so nice and upload this as .obj or something else so i can open it with C4D.Thank you =D
    Quote from Riwolfes »
    Hey, would you be so nice and upload this as .obj or something else so i can open it with C4D.Thank you =D

http://www.box.net/shared/z1gfokjcpd

Here's the .obj of the minecraft guy. UV coordinates included.
    Thank you =D. Maybe you add this to your first post so others could use it too.
    I need to start learning how to use Blender. I've had it installed but never really learned how to use it. I need a tutorial where you make a simple block person like that and add the bones to it.
    Quote from TheRetroZombie »
    I need to start learning how to use Blender. I've had it installed but never really learned how to use it. I need a tutorial where you make a simple block person like that and add the bones to it.

Check Super3boy's channel on Youtube. I know there's a tutorial on exactly that somewhere on his channel. He also has other really great tutorials for beginners.
    Quote from ShnitzelKiller »
    Last updated Saturday, September 4, 2010
    Here's an example of skins look rendered (this one's mine):

I was wondering if you could make me something similar to this? :ohmy.gif:
    Why is it pitch black when I render it?
    Quote from Dragondj0 »
    A jetpack with arrows that blow up on contact and makes pig get frown into many different directions if you can call the segments of ex pig to be pig.
    Quote from ShnitzelKiller »
    Quote from TheRetroZombie »

Check Super3boy's channel on Youtube. I know there's a tutorial on exactly that somewhere on his channel. He also has other really great tutorials for beginners.

I remember his Youtube channel.
    Never mind, fixed it
    Quote from Dragondj0 »
    A jetpack with arrows that blow up on contact and makes pig get frown into many different directions if you can call the segments of ex pig to be pig.
    Love this thing :biggrin.gif: sticky it if u haven't sticky'd it b4

I support Dark Messiahs Minecraft Mods!
    this is awesome, now I can do more with my favorite character ^-^

Proud Minecraft player since Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:31 PM
    Love it! :RFlower: Gonna try this out!
    I could easely do something good with this... but am just to lazy and beside, I am already doing 3D at school ! (am in college, and the 3D is only part of my multimedia program).
    Why is everyone's character colored like a parrot or clown and in the same time meant to be (evil) cool?
    WOW! :ohmy.gif:
    That is some cool stuff... I think I'm going to try it later, if I have time for that :smile.gif:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes