[1.7.4] X-Ray Resource Pack

Quote from Daniel41550

I wonder why nobody thought of this before

What are you talking about! ofcourse no one thought about it before because it's original and a great idea for a TEXTURE pack.

On a more serious note though, how legal is it to partially cut out the default textures? I think to make sure you should at least color the frames in a solid color instead of doing a simple cut out.
    Last edited by filmjolk: 9/27/2013 12:50:52 PM
    Quote from filmjolk
    On a more serious note though, how legal is it to partially cut out the default textures? I think to make sure you should at least color the frames in a solid color instead of doing a simple cut out.
    It's kind of a gray area. It's a significant change from the source material, enough of a change that the majority of the work has been altered. On the other hand, there's still a significant part of the original work remaining so... yea... it's a big 'maybe'. <_<

On the other hand, because this pack is not entirely the OPs work (being a obvious derivative of the default textures) the adf.ly link is without a doubt against the forum rules. The OP whould either remove the adf.ly link, or take folmjolk's advice before the post gets reported.
    Quote from TheOvalOYED

Yeah, obviously your allowed to use what ever RP you want, unless your on a server!

I wasn't asking if these would be allowed on servers. I was asking if it was allowed to post 'em here on this site. Don't bother responding back to this because I'll probably read it in two months.
    Quote from Daniel41550

You mean the other hundreds of people who made these before?
    Quote from Tails8987

You mean the other hundreds of people who made these before?

Sarcasm

This is like the 100000000000000000000000th time I've seen these. No one wants another one of these. Also remove the adfly link. Nobody wants to waste 5 seconds of their life...
    My friend is planing on making a server. Is there any way to detect if someone is using something like this?
    Quote from Daniel41550

oh, but they have :3
    doesn't work
    Quote from hellionehyral

My friend is planing on making a server. Is there any way to detect if someone is using something like this?
    Unfortunately, no. These packs aren't even needed anyway as there are several ways to do this in strait vanilla. Besides, all you really see with them is caves anyway. If you're looking for ores it's honestly faster to just go spelunking or branch mining than to use one of these stupid things. :(
    Quote from hellionehyral

Nope.
    Don't worry, they work pretty terribly anyway.
    Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines, Terraria
    Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath, Spelunky

Currently playing: None
    Very useful in map-making if you ask me! Thanks for making it :)
    Love this pack
    Last edited by theflamingminecrafter: 2/12/2014 4:31:36 PM
    Click on my eggs :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes