[32x][1.4.X] ~Virtual Reality~ [WIP]

Virtual Reality
    +Aether Support(Almost...)
    By: Awesomeristic

BOLD RED DISCLAIMER: Some textures were edited from AcidicTaco's Virtual Reality Texture Pack, and a few teeny tiny bits were edited from the Painterly Pack, some textures were also derived from the Faithful Texture pack, only the items, though.

About:
    Virtual Reality is a texture pack that was originally done by AcidicTaco. It changes the look of Minecraft to be a sort of Matrix-y world with a very simplistic look. Do not have this texture pack on for long periods or time. It's decretive only and isn't suppose to be used for a long-term texture pack.

Where You Can Help:
    You can literally help with anything. I'm really bad at the item, mob, and armour textures, so if you'd like to help just say so.

Update Status:
    11/21/12
    - No updates yet. Just posted.

What is To Come:
    -Download link xD
    -More Mob Skins

-Make block textures for some of the newest blocks
    -Item retextures
    -Add animations to lava and water

Screenshots:

Ores. Gold, iron, coal, lapis lazuli, diamond, redstone, and emerald.

Dat Nether Fortess. And dat untextured Nether Wart.

What a pretty man-made pond.

In the jungle, the mighty jungle....

DOWNLOAD
    COMING SOON

Support The Pack!

[URL=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1573352-32x14x-virtual-reality-wip/][img]http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/Roguekilljoy/Future55656.jpg[/img][/URL]

Banner by: Roguekilljoy

[URL=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1573352-32x14x-virtual-reality-wip/][img]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5471/virtualreality.png[/img][/URL]

Banner by: TheFiftyniner
    Last edited by Awesomeristic: 11/22/2012 1:04:41 AM
    Please go and visit him. C:

New enchantment table. Could use some ideas for the book on top.

Brewing GUI.

New chest and double chest.
    What the?
    That grass (is that even grass?) Is a huge
    eyesore. There's a little too much green stuff,
    the ores need to look less like they're glued
    to that stone.....thing. Though you GUI, Chest
    and Nether Stuff looks nice, there's that annoying
    pinkish space filling block that's taking up the nether
    wart textures.

There's some good textures here, and there's a lot
    that need improvements.
    Interesting, but a little jarring on the eyes. Maybe the same grid thingy, but calmer colors? Also, the grid itself maybe too thick, so try a thinner one first. Think about how Tron looked. Specifically, the one from the 80s.
    Well isn't that just a kick in the shins...
    Quote from Visual_Argonian

What the?
    That grass (is that even grass?) Is a huge
    eyesore. There's a little too much green stuff,
    the ores need to look less like they're glued
    to that stone.....thing. Though you GUI, Chest
    and Nether Stuff looks nice, there's that annoying
    pinkish space filling block that's taking up the nether
    wart textures.

There's some good textures here, and there's a lot
    that need improvements.

I understand. I've been debating about how to make it look less... gross as well.
    This texture pack was last updated in 1.7, though, so a lot of the textures just aren't there, they're just the filler purple squares. I've used textures from the Faithful Pack to fill them for the time being so the square isn't there.

Quote from 0AngelicDirt0

Interesting, but a little jarring on the eyes. Maybe the same grid thingy, but calmer colors? Also, the grid itself maybe too thick, so try a thinner one first. Think about how Tron looked. Specifically, the one from the 80s.

A reasonable conclusion. You have me confused at "too thick," though. The gridlines are one pixel thick, already, I can't make it thinner than that.
    I can't yet understand why, but I really want it.

I'm really confussed, but looks gross/awesome/wtf/gimmynowpls.
    lol... the pack is the same one i started working on my pack from. I was at this stage myself.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/staplehead78/Minecraft/javaw2010-11-1419-53-58-61.jpg

I was messing around giving it some color aside from the mass green.
    10+ years working with computers. 2+ years focused on Networking. I like to think I know how computers work.

MC Player since Alpha 1.0.4

New grass/dirt texture.

Minecarts/tracks.

Current terrain.png. Thoughts? Edits? Things?
    I'm sorry but this hurts the eyes really bad. However it looks nice :)
    Quote from Awesomeristic

New grass/dirt texture.

Minecarts/tracks.

Current terrain.png. Thoughts? Edits? Things?

The lava could tile better, the sandstone could be less bright, and The planks could
    use some more unique colours, rather that different shades of the same green, and the
    doors should be different from one another, not the same texture. Though
    a lot of the original problems have improved :3
    Last edited by Visual_Argonian: 11/26/2012 8:20:19 AM
    Don't wanna sound offensive or anything, but I really see no reason why would somebody want to download that texture pack.
    Sorry.
    Quote from Ghast5504

Don't wanna sound offensive or anything, but I really see no reason why would somebody want to download that texture pack.
    Sorry.

Other people seem interested in it. It's not offensive, It's just your opinion. If you don't want to download it, then don't. I'm not going to make you do it or anything.
    Nice idea. Not done perfectly, but it's still good work!
    Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?
    Just wondering, is there a test download for this? I'm really curious to just trying out the textures firsthand. :D
    I find this texture pack to be very tron-like. It's a little creepy. There might be some people who would like it. Keep going though!
    to people who want to try this now copy the terrain.png pic from earlier and name it terrain.png and place in jar p.s. back up .minecraft as you will lose your default texture.
    Forever greenz, babey
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes