[8x8] PixelCraft 1.2 [1.4.5]

Quote from OneWingedPie

It was foolish of him to think that he could

You guys make me confuse the difference between "default rip-off/edit" and "faithful".
    So is making a 4x/8x "faithful" version of the default unforgivable?
    Keep on derpin'
    Quote from EndRPnT

You guys make me confuse the difference between "default rip-off/edit" and "faithful".
    So is making a 4x/8x "faithful" version of the default unforgivable?

No, resizing it and calling it work is wrong
    Last edited by OneWingedPie: 8/20/2012 11:47:09 AM
    Quote from OneWingedPie

Because it requires 0 effort to accomplish

*Sigh* But I didn't just resize the default texture pack.
    Huh. I just used GIMP, scaled down the default textures, and it looked exactly the same! What a coincidence!
    IGN: Creeper0108, and sometimes Ham Sammich or MaxTheSamwich.
    You know what? I like your texturepack. Keep up the good work.
    (For once there here a positive post on this topic...)
    Quote from Creeper0108

Huh. I just used GIMP, scaled down the default textures, and it looked exactly the same! What a coincidence!

I did as well. 100% identical. 0% actual work.
    10+ years working with computers. 2+ years focused on Networking. I like to think I know how computers work.

MC Player since Alpha 1.0.4

I hate people. But I hate stupid people more.

You know what? I like your texturepack. Keep up the good work.
    (For once there here a positive post on this topic...)

Thankyou very much! I don't know why people are complaining, since why would they go to the effort of recreating it on GIMP, when it's premade here.
    Quote from echonite

I did as well. 100% identical. 0% actual work.

I really like your texturepack.
    I like it. Keep up the good work :)

but.. you should change the eyecolors on mobs, maybe black?
    Last edited by L1nd4: 10/12/2012 3:42:26 AM

Click on the picture if you want to read about - and download Lincraft!
    If you use the Image size tool in photoshop set to "Bicubic Sharper" you get almost the same result.

my cow
    your cow
    AN AWESOME TEXTURE PACK BY THE CREATOR OF SUMMERFIELDS !
    Quote from lithiumsound

If you use the Image size tool in photoshop set to "Bicubic Sharper" you get almost the same result.

my cow
    your cow

And now you have wasted your time on making an identical cow.
    Quote from lithiumsound

my cow
    your cow

Also, I like your texture packs.
    Quote from lithiumsound

my cow
    your cow

I just used GIMPs "cubic" filter when scaling down to 8x. The result is exactly the same as what has been posted by Heofpeanuts.
    10+ years working with computers. 2+ years focused on Networking. I like to think I know how computers work.

MC Player since Alpha 1.0.4

I hate people. But I hate stupid people more.
    Quote from Heofpeanuts

To all you haters, stop hating.
    Please ignore all the comments made up to this point, for they are now invalid.

All I see are legitimate posts, I've about 9000,02165,1520651065,50606 packs like this. It get's annoying. Especially when the creators act like they did something to make the textures good, but they didn't.

EDIT: It even looks CLOSE to the same on Paint.NET.
    Last edited by DiamondAir: 10/12/2012 6:19:10 PM
    Quote from OneWingedPie

your statement is wrong, I shall pull out the same thing I pull out for anything but edit it slightly

So you think less colours helps performance?

Because minecraft renders based on pixels... So for each block face there are 256 pixels if your using a 16x pack... Where as for 8x it's only 64 pixels per block so by logical terms 8x packs boost FPS because there are less pixels to render, making everything a flat colour on a 16x pack does nothing, why? Because there are still 256 pixels for minecraft to render, colours are not taken into account.

theres your explanation, hope you understand it better now :)

Last edited by kittycubical: 10/12/2012 8:23:02 PM
    Yeah, this is pretty easy. Heres a tutorial on how to do it:

1. Open up terrain.png with an image editor

2. Resize image to 128x128

Done!

-Pretty pointless pack considering its been done 321,3210230230,32021030,23032030354103,3202314360 times.
    For the love of God, CHANGE THE HELLSPAWN COMIC SANS TO SOMETHING DECENT.
    No signature here! Nosiree.
    Quote from Heofpeanuts

Thankyou very much! I don't know why people are complaining, since why would they go to the effort of recreating it on GIMP, when it's premade here.

See!!! He's admitting it!!!
    Make your own textures, don't just make slight changes to someone else's unless, of course, it makes the original better. This one just makes it look worse. Whether or not it helps computer performance doesn't matter, Its all about creativity, not efficiency, when it comes to textures.
    Quote from huntingdog

Make your own textures, don't just make slight changes to someone else's unless, of course, it makes the original better. This one just makes it look worse. Whether or not it helps computer performance doesn't matter, Its all about creativity, not efficiency, when it comes to textures.

Quote from dalekslayer96

See!!! He's admitting it!!!

Why have posted these? I haven't set foot on this topic since 1.4.
    Quote from OneWingedPie

Because it requires 0 effort to accomplish

Are you kidding me?
    I mean, you have to load up the image, resize it... oh man, just thinking about it gives me the chills.
    Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines, Terraria
    Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath, Spelunky

Currently playing: None
    Quote from WaterTipper

Are you kidding me?
    I mean, you have to load up the image, resize it... oh man, just thinking about it gives me the chills.

TBH, I did it in a way more convoluted method using paint.net's pixelate function. But that does not matter, because some peaople downloaded it and thus it was worthwhile.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes