[x64][1.7.X + 1.8 snapshots] Ovo's Rustic Pack: Redemption v1.1.5 [Updated: 2014-05-12]

I support this.
    Quote from james27

Just did raw beef/steak....it's not the best but I think it's better than default.

And here is some in game screenshot's.

PS: if you have a pen tablet....try to control the Minecraft camera with it. xD

Reminds me of TF2 :tongue.gif:

Looks good nonetheless, though the cooked steak looks pretty purple D:

EDIT: I just noticed my post count and user title and am never posting again.

not really
    Last edited by izbbass: 12/29/2011 9:00:32 PM
    Quote from AmbigramMan

Ok, I finished the other enchantment table edit I was working on, with the diamond corners. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but my sister thinks its good, so I went ahead and uploaded it. I also have a quick enderdragon egg I made from Ovo's obsidian, looks fairly decent in-game. Tell me what you think of them!

Love the table! Should fit perfectly.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
    (Mark Twain)
    Making Tropicraft textures for the pack.
    I've made different moon phases for the pack. They match the diamond moon more, in my opinion, and look pretty good in-game.

Last edited by AmbigramMan: 12/29/2011 11:45:17 PM

Is there a link to DL this texture pack? it looks really good, and I'd like to check it out. please and thanks
    Quote from james27

That's beautiful!! cant say Ovo would have done it any different.
    Hope to see you do some more! :biggrin.gif:

Thanks :3 I'm going to try aking some more but I actually suck at making textures, I just had luck with the colors on the blaze rod ^^

Quote from Mulgarus

Is there a link to DL this texture pack? it looks really good, and I'd like to check it out. please and thanks

In the OP theres a link to download Ovo's original pack, and to add community textures, you have to download these and paste them into your texturepack folder. That's a bit annoying, and I hope that this will be soon on the texturepackcustimizer :smile.gif:

EDIT:
    Ok, I decided to give the slimeball a try, and it seems like I don't suck at making textures:

This made me so happy that I'm going to try making textures for snowballs and magma cream :biggrin.gif:

EDIT the 2nd:
    Here's my magmacream:

However, I'd like to have some more randomnes in it, at the moment it looks a little bit too clean :/
    Last edited by jansteffen: 12/30/2011 3:58:29 AM
    You forget about my new Mycellium texture (also moshroom_leg):

I made new wersion of Mycelium, I think now it looks much better:

And 1.0 dirt wersion:

Now I working on Mushroom texture.:
    As one of the first supporters/donators i support this! :biggrin.gif:
    Its great that this is continued and has a strong fanbase

Keep on the great work!
    Really good job man! Keep it up, i like the pack a lot!
    Though i'd change the borders of the glas blocks and the glass pane. There are quite a lot brown things in your texturepacks already, so silver or gray might be a good alternative.

Have a good day!
    Quote from AmbigramMan

I've made different moon phases for the pack. They match the diamond moon more, in my opinion, and look pretty good in-game.

Looks much better than mine :tongue.gif:

EDIT: Why do items have to be such a pain to put into the item.png? Is there anyway I can make a grid on gimp that's 64x64 each?

Figured it out.
    Last edited by izbbass: 12/30/2011 1:30:51 PM
    Quote from izbbass

Looks much better than mine :tongue.gif:

EDIT: Why do items have to be such a pain to put into the item.png? Is there anyway I can make a grid on gimp that's 64x64 each?

Yeah, on gimp go image->Configure grid and set the spacing to 64 by 64 and make sure it is in pixels.
    "With each sip, a moment forever banished"
    Quote from james27

Yeah, on gimp go image->Configure grid and set the spacing to 64 by 64 and make sure it is in pixels.

Is there any way I can dock the toolbox? It always gets in the way.
    Quote from izbbass

Is there any way I can dock the toolbox? It always gets in the way.

Not that I know of no. >.
    "With each sip, a moment forever banished"
    I only have one screen D:

I'm constantly dragging it out of the way or stick it way off to the side until I need it :tongue.gif:
    I honestly think you guys should only focus on the things that haven't been textured yet. Because if we start re-texturing the things that have been already textured, we will just be making a new texture pack. So I say focus on what hasn't been made yet. The input for those things looks great so far too :biggrin.gif:
    Quote from Tinz1320

I honestly think you guys should only focus on the things that haven't been textured yet. Because if we start re-texturing the things that have been already textured, we will just be making a new texture pack. So I say focus on what hasn't been made yet. The input for those things looks great so far too :biggrin.gif:

I agree. We like the texturepack for what it is and not for the changes everyone wants to make. Then we really could just start a new pack.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
    (Mark Twain)
    Love this pack! Editing it with the unfinished textures as we speak!
    Made You Look.
    At this point of having no hope with the thousands of 16x textures clogging up the texture forum I really only care that this community work finishes all the textures.

I can, however, say for the beef texture it would be a bit nicer at an angle or something so it isn't so abnormal.

And for the slimeballs I agree both seem a bit clean and like rubber balls -maybe have them more unshaped and with alternate green coloured swirls within.

Since they are smaller textures I may try doing just the hearts and maybe the bubbles, but no promises.
    Last edited by antimattergizmo: 12/31/2011 12:59:51 PM
    Quote from jansteffen

Ok, I decided to give the slimeball a try, and it seems like I don't suck at making textures:

This made me so happy that I'm going to try making textures for snowballs and magma cream :biggrin.gif:

can you make it more slimy so its look like some slime is about to dripping off?
    Last edited by Sinner2784: 12/31/2011 2:21:36 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes