[1.7.x][x64] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean

My antivirus is telling me that the download page (ad.fly) has malicious content and is warning me not to go to the page. Could you perhaps add a non ad.fly version, or at least change the download link? Thanks!
    A wise man once said, "A troll feeds on the souls of good people. Feed the troll and you will suffer unforseen consequences."
    Shoeboxam here.

Adf.ly accidentally approved a malicious ad. It caused adfly to be marked as a malicious site. To access Soartex without going through adfly, here is a direct link to the file server: http://files.soartex.net/main/.

In that file directory is Soartex_Fanver.zip, which is the primary pack that is compatible with the current version of Minecraft.

Also listed is Soartex_Snapshot.zip, which is, you guessed it, Soartex for Minecraft 1.5. It is also the legendary, elusive, Soartex 2.4. It is not compatible with 1.4.7.

The rest of the files in that directory are editions of Soartex for mod packs.
    Last edited by Soartex: 2/18/2013 5:35:14 PM
    I Can't get the Texture-Pack... It keeps saying :

502 BAD GATEWAY
    Ningx
    hey soartex if thats your name :P

i wanted to ask u something how did u make that skin ??
    i hope u reply

MrRag3...
    I just have one simple question about the font on this texture..
    When I login into multiplayer. It shows it all off in some foreign language..
    Screenshot:
    Other than that, It's a fantastic texture pack.
    @Aka_Zilla: Did you patch the pack?

@MrRag: Actually, the person who started the pack was named soar, and the continuer of the pack is named Shoe(boxama). Although I don't know how he made the skin...
    Quote from SoartexFanver

Soartex Fanver is the fan continuation of Soartex, a smooth 64x texture pack made by Soar49!
    Requires Optifine or MCPatcher.
    The best Soartex Fanver textures for vanilla Minecraft!

Textures for 90+ mods, All Feed the Beast packs, and Tekkit Lite! All FTB packs can also be found in the FTB launcher.

Places additional textures into your texture pack for the mods you select!
    Made using REDX36's Texture-Patcher.

Customize vanilla textures to your preference!

You make the textures for the next update! Post them in this thread or here.

Soartex Fanver is a smooth, detailed and clean texture pack (64x). In it's time it has come from a simple terrain-only texture pack to a fan-driven mass of mod support, customization, animation and originality. Fanver has become a very memorable and iconic suit for a lot of Miners out there, and to many, a personal favorite!

-Disaster86

We're now on DeviantART!
    Join the page by clicking on the #banner above or the icon below!

Please visit Quetzi! He streams with his wife Zness @7PM-1AM GMT. He uses loads of mods and interacts with viewers. Also puts up with me!

If you're looking for a good server, take a look at Clania! Say hello to Valsis for me.

Remaining Textures

-Mobs: skeleton (partially completed), pigzombie
    -Items: Armor icons, fire charge, meats, fish, zombie flesh, cookie, watermelon, gold nugget, spider eye, fermented spider eye, magma cream, blaze dust
    -misc: all armor, pig saddle, map icons, explosion, charged creeper, end armor
    -GUI: armor indicator

License

Public redistribution of any texture in Soartex is prohibited.

However:
    -You may freely mix, modify and distribute Soar49's original textures.
    -Private redistribution and private mixpacks are allowed
    -Public mixpacks must have permission to use Fanver textures and must link to the Fanver MCForums thread
    -Public redistribution of any port to MCPE is allowed, but must have a link to the Fanver MCForums thread
    -The original artist may reuse their own texture elsewhere
    -You are allowed to use Soartex in videos and streams. Please link the Fanver MCForums page.
    -You are welcome to post your own alterations of any texture or any original texture to soartex.net

Signatures

[center][url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/824150-64x64100-soartex-fanver-community-hd-smooth-texture-pack][img][/center]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3010/sigen.png[center][/img][/url][/center]

[center][url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/824150-64x64100-soartex-fanver-community-hd-smooth-texture-pack][img]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1508/soarsignight.png[/img][/url][/center]

[center][url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/824150-64x64100-soartex-fanver-community-hd-smooth-texture-pack][img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5808/soarsigday.png[/img][/url][/center]

[represent]

why dont the mods work? because i seen herobrine and he wasnt in the game pls make the mods really in the game pls pls pls itll make this texture pack so awesome and ill use it everyday im on minecraft
    Ah, Thankyou, That worked wonderfully. :)

why dont the mods work? because i seen herobrine and he wasnt in the game pls make the mods really in the game pls pls pls itll make this texture pack so awesome and ill use it everyday im on minecraft

SoartexFanver does not support every mod that was made for Minecraft. There is, however, a list (somewhere) of all the mods we support.
    Shoeboxam here. I just added connected wools to the Snapshot pack, that's why the size jumped 1.3 MB...

The patcher only adds textures to your texture pack. While it would be awesome to have a program that installs mods for you, that is out of my scope. Mod authors would need to switch to a new distribution system, it would need to have a submission system, it would need momentum, a team to monitor submissions, central hosting, a much more complex installation system, etc. etc.
    FTB is your best option!
    Please add connected textures
    Hey.... I got a Bug
    When i go in a jungle (self builded), i get a crash.

At the end of this video you can see the jungle...

Pls help me O=
    Quote from Leoo_x7

Hey.... I got a Bug
    When i go in a jungle (self builded), i get a crash.

At the end of this video you can see the jungle...

Pls help me O=

Are you using any mods? Because if it just crashes in one specific place, it's probably a mod or the game.

Quote from supercreeper67

Please add connected textures

For what? Glass is connected, as are the stone slabs. And on soartex.net (under Connected Textures Mod post), there are new connected wools.
    You need to do the textures for all the various dyes too...without the textures, they look weird. But best of luck to the team behind this GORGEOUS texture pack!!!
    i really like how everything looks exept the weapons are kinda low rez and there is no texture on the armor thats just what gets me if the weapons had better rez and there was a texture on the armor it would be way better and i would use it all the time
    Last edited by stoam13: 2/23/2013 11:04:49 PM
    excuse me may i port this pack to pocket edition?

i will write clearly in my thread with your permission and that the credit of this pack goes to you.
    Quote from stoam13

i really like how everything looks exept the weapons are kinda low rez and there is no texture on the armor thats just what gets me if the weapons had better rez and there was a texture on the armor it would be way better and i would use it all the time

The weapons are in 64x like the rest of the pack, so we can't make them different yet. They may, however, become 128x when we can separate textures in 1.5, but they may not be changed. As for the armor, it is default because we do not have any armor yet. The armor that was previously used was from Defscape.

Quote from PurpleNova1337

You need to do the textures for all the various dyes too...without the textures, they look weird. But best of luck to the team behind this GORGEOUS texture pack!!!

They are currently being worked on :)
    Shoe here.

excuse me may i port this pack to pocket edition?

i will write clearly in my thread with your permission and that the credit of this pack goes to you.

You may port Soartex to PE. Thank you!
    have there been new people "contributing" to mod textures lately? I ask this because certain packages, like mods from FTB with frequent updates and template changes recently have been getting broken textures. some person(s) who are clearly unsure of what they're doing, have been going around doing half-edits, small changes, labeling certain files as 'outdated', etc. but not actually updating them properly. and by "properly" I mean including placeholders and correct file names at the very least, before uploading a new version.

this is doing more harm than good, since they're updating the submission date, but not posting usable files. when we go to the distribution, we should be able to just look at the post date to see if they're newer than version releases. not wasting time installing newer files, just to have invisible blocks and guis all over the place.

I appreciate what you're doing and all, not trying to sound demanding but... get it together, please. even if you don't update the textures, all you really have to do is pack the right file structure with low res placeholders, then do all the changes you want later. then we're not wasting time adding/removing textures we can't use, when we could just wait till they're updated or use something else in the meantime.
    overzealous moderators incapable of thinking for themselves are more of a danger to any forum than anyone trying to abuse it.
    Quote from zatoichi

have there been new people "contributing" to mod textures lately? I ask this because certain packages, like mods from FTB with frequent updates and template changes recently have been getting broken textures. some person(s) who are clearly unsure of what they're doing, have been going around doing half-edits, small changes, labeling certain files as 'outdated', etc. but not actually updating them properly. and by "properly" I mean including placeholders and correct file names at the very least, before uploading a new version.

this is doing more harm than good, since they're updating the submission date, but not posting usable files. when we go to the distribution, we should be able to just look at the post date to see if they're newer than version releases. not wasting time installing newer files, just to have invisible blocks and guis all over the place.

I appreciate what you're doing and all, not trying to sound demanding but... get it together, please. even if you don't update the textures, all you really have to do is pack the right file structure with low res placeholders, then do all the changes you want later. then we're not wasting time adding/removing textures we can't use, when we could just wait till they're updated or use something else in the meantime.

This is Shoeboxam. Every update either includes new textures or complete updates to a new mod version. You can keep track of changes here on our new Github system: https://github.com/Soartex-Fanver/Soartex-Textures
    There have been some mistakes, but we have everything together. Please list invisible textures and bugs or post fixed files.

Also keep in mind the patcher supports mods that are a newer version than in FTB, so sometimes they don't back port well. For those cases, just use the premade FTB packs.
    Last edited by Soartex: 2/24/2013 3:40:39 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes